Skip to main content

Forums » Help » Character slots, how to tell?

I thought I read a similar question like this before, so, apologies if it's a repeat.

How can I tell which character slots are permanent, meaning, I used a cloak to obtain them, which are part of the 10 basic, and which are part of the 10 with epic?

It'd be realllly nice to know lol
Sanne Moderator

There are no individual slots that your characters are created into. :) You just have x number of slots, and the characters are counted in order of creation date. i.e. the character with the highest character ID assigned to your account is your newest character, and it'll be the first to get locked in case your slots are fewer than the number of characters you have.

Meaning if you have 11 characters, and are back to 10 slots after your Epicness expires, the most recently created character (#11 in this case) will be locked from editing. The example for how this works is found here!
Auron Topic Starter

Sanne wrote:
There are no individual slots that your characters are created into. :) You just have x number of slots, and the characters are counted in order of creation date. i.e. the character with the highest character ID assigned to your account is your newest character, and it'll be the first to get locked in case your slots are fewer than the number of characters you have.

Meaning if you have 11 characters, and are back to 10 slots after your Epicness expires, the most recently created character (#11 in this case) will be locked from editing. The example for how this works is found here!

This makes sense. I think I mostly knew this, however, my only one thing is..how do I find my characters ID's? Most all of my slots/characters have a unique name vs the /c/-insertnumbershere- that they start with. And, some of them, I seriously do not remember the date of creation x.x
Sanne Moderator

It's in the URL when you edit them! For example, Pearl's edit URL is this: https://www.rprepository.com/managechar.php?char=31940 -- So her ID is #31940.

An easy way is to go to your Dashboard > View and sort characters > then on the right-hand sidebar, sort by creation date. If you check the IDs, you'll get your oldest character at the top left in the first spot, and your newest characters are on the bottom of the list. :)
Auron Topic Starter

Awesome! Thank you!

You are on: Forums » Help » Character slots, how to tell?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus