Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » What kind of characters do you like to see?

Mipps

I myself am interest in making some more diverse characters to play with. But I have become a little stuck...
so I might as well make a discussion out of it!!!

What sort of character builds would you be interest in seeing? and perhaps maybe some gender associates for those that matter and why you would want to see more of these:
list of possibilities:
  • Mermaid/Merman
  • Vampires
  • Werewolves
  • Angels
  • Demons
  • Humans ( nothing special)
  • Warlocks/witches
  • Elves
  • Orcs
  • Basilisk
  • Fairies
  • Treants/elementals
  • Furries
  • Dragons
  • shapeshifters
  • Apocalypse characters (Human)
  • Apocalypse characters (Mutates)
  • Humanoid Aliens
  • Xenomorph Aliens
  • Mutants/superheroes/vigilantes (similar to Marvel & DC)
  • Tribal or shamanistic characters
  • Western characters
  • Just plain ol Humans getting in trouble
  • MAFIA
  • <--Fantasy based characters in modern or futuristic eras

This is just a start list really - there are SO many variations its impossible to list them all so I threw down the basics that were off the top of my head. Obviously there are more including custom races - feel free to add them in a reply!
My tastes are rather boring and commonplace. I like humans with angsty backstories. Lol
It really depends lol.

I love humans and more specifically I like seeing mafia characters and anti heros.

But I also like seeing vampires and werewolves and the races other people made up. Those are the coolist. I dont see custom races that often though.
furries
dragons
and 'normal' humans who are walking autobahn cross section disasters
I'm gonna build off of Church's list because our tastes look similar. Switch the furries and dragons, then add shapeshifters on top. Maybe throw in a "fantasy in general" disclaimer on the bottom.
Mipps Topic Starter

WOOP added those.

Thanks for the feedback, I hope others chime in for character types
Personally I like aliens. And I'm not just talking like how general sci fi likes to do it such as star trek where we change the forehead a bit and call it an alien. I mean out of the way stuff to create a very original race of humanoid or non humanoid beings. In addition I love a good racial buildout, where entire cultures are built and quirks to go with them, and quite often I'm intrigued when these quirks go against what we call the norm as humans. Conversely thing we call normal that they find truly alien is also interesting.

To build off the gender thing, I always liked seeing different gender and sexuality spectrums for an alien race. Like with everything I feel different alien cultures would view and experience things like gender and sexuality differently, and it would create different social 'problems' in their society that arent seen in humanity. The more creatively alien this gets the more interested I am also.
Voldarian_Empire wrote:
Personally I like aliens. And I'm not just talking like how general sci fi likes to do it such as star trek where we change the forehead a bit and call it an alien. I mean out of the way stuff to create a very original race of humanoid or non humanoid beings. In addition I love a good racial buildout, where entire cultures are built and quirks to go with them, and quite often I'm intrigued when these quirks go against what we call the norm as humans. Conversely thing we call normal that they find truly alien is also interesting.

To build off the gender thing, I always liked seeing different gender and sexuality spectrums for an alien race. Like with everything I feel different alien cultures would view and experience things like gender and sexuality differently, and it would create different social 'problems' in their society that arent seen in humanity. The more creatively alien this gets the more interested I am also.

Vol, Yes! One of the best things about fictional races is the potential to build cultural dynamics and conflicts that are nothing like what we have here. Why doesn’t that happen more often?

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » What kind of characters do you like to see?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus