Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Finding Marbles (Open)

"I've got a lovely bunch of co-co-nuts," a voice sang out through the smoldering ruins of a destroyed Denver. The thick, German accent carried far, echoing off the smoldering remains of buildings and passing through the rubble and wire maze.
Doc strolled through Downtown Denver as if nothing ba had ever happened. In his left arm, he cradled his pet fox cub, Keera, and in his right hand he held his AUG assault rifle. He started singing that line again and again, as if he were a broken record with legs, trying to irritate whatever denizens still resided within the mile high city.
Brinly Gray (played anonymously)

((Hi there! Would it be alright if I hopped in? Figured I'd ask first, despite it saying open :D))
Kristof 'Doc' Schwanhausser (played by EonRising) Topic Starter

(Of course :3 no one else has posted, so by all means ^_^)

Even despite the terrible wreckage that once was her city, even despite the fact that whoever remained likely acted on a whim and cared not for once-laws and regulations, she sought to keep order in whatever ways possible.

Death was something she was nearly phobic of, but in these times, it was something she needed to embrace the possibility of as well, and she knew that. Although it was risky to do what she did, she still did it so that there would be a slight increase in safety for those who knew little about defending themselves. So far so good, however, seeing as though she was relatively healthy and still in the prowl.

Her curiosity was stolen by that one line of that age-old song. At first, she seemed confused and a little disturbed, her face contorting to mirror that, but after a while, the curiosity got the better of her and she inched from behind one of the buildings and sought to find the source of the noise. She wouldn't want to approach and chat him up, but she wanted to know who this was, why they were singing, and what they were doing. And why not? If this was her only way of expressing freedom from law, then so be it. It was relatively harmless, after all.

He finally moved on to other lines, "There they are standing in a row!" he was trying to put on a British accent but the German was still there, "Big ones, small ones, some as big as your head! Just give zem a twist, a flick of zee wrist, says what zee showman said!" he started humming the instrumental and repositioned the young fox in his arm so they were both more comfortable. He took no notice if Brinly but stopped in front of the head of the large, blue bear that once stood against the Denver Convention Center, and he just stood there and stared at it, then up at the body, which still stood, leaning against non-existant windows.

Brinly had followed him up to the Convention Center, now moving without fearing being seen. Maybe it was the morbid sight of the decapitated bear? She closed the distance between the two, but still stood a couple of yards behind him. She was staring up at the body now as well, feeling a tinge of sadness but not a lot. It wasn't beautiful. She wished it was, though. She wished it all was, and she couldn't make it so.

"Poor bear...," she said awkwardly, forcing a little bit of a chuckle before clearing her throat and looking away with narrowed eyes. Yep. She felt a bit like an idiot for that one, but what didn't she say that made her feel stupid? Nothin'.

"Indeed," Doc said, assuming that hers was just one of the many voices of his "minions" in his head, "Zis bear once was a symbol of... I'm not really sure, but it vas a symbol of something," he said and and started forwards again, walking into the convention center now. He went to the line and walked though the designated ropes, even though they had been destroyed long ago. There was a skeleton standing behind the counter, wearin the remains of clothes and had a name tag that read "Hel o, my n me is J mes."
"Gutentag, Jimmy," Doc greeted with a smile, though it was hidden behind his gas mask, and if you could see beneath it, you wouldn't be able to tell he was living, much less smiling. Doc looked around and spotted a sign that read what had been happening when the apocalypse came. "I vould like one ticket to zee car show please." he paused as if listening to a response. "Vhat do you mean I can't take Keera?!" he roared and swung a leather gloves fist, knocking James's jaw off and then James's over. He grabbed a ticket from behind the counter then walked up the escalator and handed his ticket to the skeletal guards at the entrance to the showroom then entered.

This man was... curious, to say the least.

Her mouth stayed zipped shut as she watched him speak, at first seeming humorous with the talk of the bear having meaning, but as he walked inside and began discussing tickets with a friggin' skeleton, she knew he'd lost his marbles. But now she was curious about his odd, seemingly harmless-- oh wait, he just punched a skeleton to bits. Wonderful. Brinly smacked her forehead and ran her hand down her face, which she shouldn't have done because of her glasses. Taking them off and wiping them clean, she uttered a, "You know they're dead, right?"

If he continued to walk despite that, she would follow him through the showroom doors, a good distance behind him.

"If zey were dead, zen Vhy were zey talking to me?" he said rather simply as he walked into the massive showroom floor. Mode of the cars were actually still in good condition, not like the destroyed, rust buckets outside. Skeletons littered the floor and walls of some of the larger setups had fallen down.
Keera had moved now and was peering over Doc's shoulder at Brinlu, a curious look on the young fox's face.

Brinly simply sighed and said nothing in return to his utterance, instead continuing to follow him. It was strange how curious she was, this coming from the woman who was frightened by men and disliked women. Regardless, she kept her distance, but continued to follow him. He didn't seem to care too much, anyway.

She glanced at the cars and wondered if they could be used or salvaged or anything. She wondered if the collective amount of gasoline would be enough to last a while, or if it had already been siphoned. The fox was paid little heed seeing it was harmless enough, instead now she went to observe the vehicles up close, peering her head in through the doors, as well as unscrewing the gas cap and sniffing to check if there was any of the liquid combustible dinosaurs inside. Whether or not there was, she'd screw the cap back on and contemplate what to do next.

Several of them did in fact have gasoline in them still, though after all those stagnant years, or probably wouldn't be as effective. Doc finally set Keera down and proceeded forwards, occasionally stopping to talk with a skeleton about the various vehicles in the showroom. He finally managed to find a pair of keys to the Audi R8 that was on a once spinning platform. He climbed in and turned the ignition, making the car's engine sputter then pure like a cat. Several startled bats descended from the rafters and Doc was giggling like a little girl, "Das Auto," he said happily then gently started the vehicle forwards.

Keera, meanwhile, had wandered over towards Brinly and sat down at te woman's feet, looking up at Brinly, her fluffy tail wagging.

Brinly rested her hand on the hood of the car and gently wiped it, collecting dust on her palm. Her head twitched violently toward the direction James was in, who had just started the Audi. Her face contorted into surprise, but didn't say much on the subject. The man's questionable sanity lead her to feel he'd likely abandon this fox if left to enjoy the car for too long, but she wouldn't be mad at him for it (although it was likely he wouldn't). She knelt down and held out her hands to the fox, offering her palms to sniff so that she may pet her and perhaps even hold her. Brinly was a gentle soul overall, so at least, if the fox wasn't skittish in any way, she would likely not feel threatened.

"He's not right, huh?" she asked the little fox. "Too far gone?" She tapped her skull with a finger and then let her hand return to its spot near the fox.

Keera didn't even bother sniffing Brinly's hand and immediately cuddled into her touch, rubbing up against her and she purred a little bit.

Doc drove the car around until he found the indoor test track that was suppose to be for various Jeeps. He took the car around and around, laughing like a small child as he went over the bumps, up the steep hills.

Brinly began to feel a bit bad for the fox. Perhaps it was because she didn't understand the two and their relationship as well as she could, but she felt she needed to give the fox a better home. Her intentions were good! Yes, they really were. But James may not take too kindly to her planning such a thing. Fortunately, she'd only run off with the fox if he continued to drive around forever. She picked up the fox and moved to the track, standing safely on the sidelines, petting the fox and watching the man. If it lasted more than three or five minutes, she'd turn and walk away, continuing to hug and love on the fox.

Uh oh.

Doc still hadn't even seen Brinly and had intoned to assume she was just a voice in his head, but the Audi stopped when he finally saw her and he got out of the car, the red light emenating from the lenses of his gasmask falling on her, "Who are you?"

Brinly decided not to move. She wouldn't clear the distance between them, nor would she flee. "Um... I'm Brinly. Who're you?" she asked in return. She gave the fox a kiss atop the head because ohmygodcute. Her voice when she spoke was silent, though, and almost timid in a way, more than likely due to the gasmask's strange illumination.

Doc was suddenly in front of her. He moved with incredible speed, almost superhuman. "I don't know who I am. Not since see fallout in Germany. You may call me Doc though, and since Keera likes you, I vill not kill you," he said in a very matteroffact way.
Keera was entirely unperturbed by Doc's suddenness and just leaned up, leaking the cheek of his beaked gasmask then she licked Brinly's cheek as well, her tail wagging happily.

Brinly shrieked quietly (wait, what) when he was suddenly in front of her. She saw his movements, but only in hindsight. "But you don't look like a doctor. Well, a plaguedoctor but not an actual doctor. Can I call you Bob?" she asked with a wide grin, two chipped teeth showin' in all their half-there glory.

Yeah, she was bothered by his blunt statement, but it was also a little reassuring. He wasn't going to kill her, right?

"You probably did a good thing saying 'hi' as soon as you did. I was gonna take your fox, was worried you'd forget it."

"No. You cannot call me Bob. He is Bob. I am Doc," he said, gesturing to a Skeleton who's name plate did in fact read "Bob."
"Pfft. I would never forget Keera. She's the reason in as sane as I am. I'd be much worse without her," he explained, "I simply vanted to drive."

Brinly blinked. "But more than one person can be named Bob...," she muttered. "How about Fabio?" she asked with a snicker. Okay, this was getting fun now. "Joe? Georgia? Loretta?" She'd continue blathering out names, mainly because he seemed to give her rather... serious answers, and it was amusing.

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Finding Marbles (Open)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus