Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Movies at the Theatre

Deumeawyn

I’ve gone to see Danger Close -The Battle of Long Tan three times now. Beautifully done film about a big battle in the Vietnam war, and my brother portrayed an NVA soldier in it. I’ve spotted him four times in different scenes.

What movies have you seen at the theatre recently?
Me, I haven't been to an actual corporate theater per se. Just my friends fancy home theater. Watched ALIEN
Rogue-Scribe

Deumeawyn wrote:
I’ve gone to see Danger Close -The Battle of Long Tan three times now. Beautifully done film about a big battle in the Vietnam war, and my brother portrayed an NVA soldier in it. I’ve spotted him four times in different scenes.

What movies have you seen at the theatre recently?

Excellent movie! One of the best I've seen on the Vietnam War.

I wonder how theaters stay in business. I do like the model where they serve food and beer to your seats though.
We don't often go to the movies, because it's rather expensive here. Last time we went was to see Spider-man: Far From Home.
That being said, we are going to see IT part 2 soon, although I'd much prefer to not see Pennywise in that kind of quality...
That's neat about your brother being in it!

We go to the movies A LOT.

But I can't remember what we saw last. It must not have made an impression.
nightmqre

We don't go to the movies often either. Here, it's £17 for a child ticket. I mean cmon. But the large slushes are physically bigger than my head, I might have a picture I'd be able to dig up later...

I went to see the Live Action Lion King. All around it was a great movie, but we reckon that the producers spent too much time through the movie before Mufasa died; which made the rest of it seem incredibly rushed.
LakotaSiouxWarrior

Tickets are 10-12 dollars so we stream movies through Amazon. The last movie I saw was "dark knight rises".
My husband loves movies so we purchase tickets in an annual pass format from our local theater. The last movies I saw were all the marvels of 2019 so far, Us and John Wick 3. We also saw dumbo and Aladdin with the kids.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Movies at the Theatre

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus