Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Something in the woods

Luka Drake (played by Membranethevenomous2) Topic Starter

Luka just stood there quietly thinking about back to his dad. His grips tightens on the bookbag straps; his knuckles started turning white from how hard he was holding onto it. Had Rose really knew his dad, had she really warned him and he ignore her. "I can't rest here, I need to get going to my house." He takes several with deep breaths wiggling his fingers trying to get the blood flowing again.
Morana (played anonymously)

“ I even have a picture of him and me.if you need proof. Also if you leave you can only come this far again. But go home. Believe or don’t. Does not truly matter to me. Your dad would of been and still is proud of you. Go home luka. Go and live your life like your father would of wanted. Oh also if you ever get a big enough bag I have some of his stuff in my cabin.” She then went into her cabin and locked it.

He started down at his feet; tears drips down his face splashing on to his shoes. He hadn't cried since his fathers died those three years ago. He swallows his back a sob and takes out his flashlight heading home. Her words about his dad ring through his head. His dad is proud of him. Luka wasn't even halfway until he just plopped down into the grass and leaves; letting himself have a good old cry.

After what felt like an hour he wipes his face and continues his way home. He finally made his way onto his property. Every single doll his fathers had brought were waiting on the porch for him to come inside. Luka didn't even make it up the stairs he just collapses on the sofa. He watched as the dolls tucks him in and places a picture of him and his fathers on the end table next to him; they put on the Adams West Batman show. He finally drifts to sleep.

Rose transformed into her true form and stretched. “ geez children. Though I have never seen such stubbornness since his father. He grown quiet a bit over the years.” She trained into the night before going to sleep. Lucky her no work today. So she slept in and enjoyed her bed. She dreamed about her first meeting with luka father. She hoped to see luka later and maybe if luka could prove himself. She let him in on a secret.

Luka dreams about him and his fathers having fun. They were having dinner everything was as it should be. Luka's dad looks to him. "Son you should go back to the woods. You need to keep our town safe, yes humans are cruel and we need to educate others, but it doesn't excuse the monster killing."

Harvey places his hand on top of his son's. His pops continues to eat before adding in his own two cents into the conversation. "Take my bookbag with you, its basically bigger than that itty bitty thing you keep with you." Franky puts his hand on top of his son's hand. Luka wake up with one of the 18 inch dolls holding up a plate of breakfast and another holding up his pops' old backpack.

She finally woke up an and transformed into human form. She walked out of the woods to buy food and drink. She was as happy as could be. She then headed to luka house. She smiled as she skipped down the road. She was singing a old tone that luka father taught her. She was in a cheerful mood and had brought a bag with her. For once she cared about a human. Maybe she take him under her wing. Sure it be a bit weird since her kind don’t grow old. But least she could help him if he ever needed her. Maybe but still he have to prove his worth.

Luka scarfs down his breakfast and grabs his pops' backpack; throwing it over his shoulder and heading out the front door. As he takes a step off the porch he notices some of the dolls that greeted him when he got home last night were back outside; looking do the road like they were waiting on something or someone. Luka decided he would wait with them, but he would do from next to his fathers tombstones.

Rose sees luka. “ good morning luka! I see the dolls are lovely as ever! “ rose finally came into view and waved. She seemed very happy to see him. She looked around. “ it feels like it been forever since I have been here. Oh I brought some of your family stuff.” She set down a bag full of luka father equipment and books. She noticed the tombstones. “ ah I see.” She kneeled at the graves and put flowers on them. Before standing up and looking at luka.

Luka was busy digging through his dad's old stuff. "Good morning Rose, thank you for bringing me my dad's things." He pulls out a few of his dad's paintings passing them to the dolls line up around him. "Also thank you for the compliment of the dolls. I've been keeping up with their maintenance; just like my fathers did." He pulls out small black note from a hidden compartment inside the bag.

He watches Rose from the corner of his eyes place the flowers on to the tombstones. Examining the notebook he finds a small lock; keeping him from reading the contents of it. "Rose do you know what this could be?" He holds it out to her.

“ of course. But I think it better you read it yourself.” She used magic to unlock the book. She went up to a curtain doll. “ this was the doll your father was making when we first met. He was still trying to master his work then. Oh I almost forgot.” She went to the bag and brought out a doll. “ the first one we tried to make as a team. Let’s just say I’m not very good at crafting things like your father.” She giggled.

Said doll run up to Luka batting it's fake lashes. "That explains why you act like you're above the rest." He pokes it's cheek when the doll poses as if it was pouting. He scans through the first page of the notebook; there were a few runes that Luka couldn't translate right off the bat. He turns to the next page to see his dad's handwriting describing a creature he wasn't familiar with. There were several different drawings of whatever his dad had been studying from a far.

Rose giggled. She gave luka the doll she tried to make with his father. I’m sure you can make worthy. Sorry if it not the prettiest but your father was trying to teach me how to make them.” She sat on the front steps, “ your father study book about supernatural. “ she looked at all the dolls. “ so many. Each different yet all of them special. I guess there like family to you.” She smiled at luka and the dolls.

He looks over the doll; running his fingers along side it's face. "They're my caretakers basically. Since...." he looks towards the tombstones then back at the doll in his hand "yeah they're all I have left. I have a mother but I've never met her." He stands up heading towards the house; the dolls pick up his dad's bookbag carrying into the house. "You're welcome to come in. It might be a little messier then when my dads kept it up." He goes inside the house.

rose " well they are not all you have anymore. you have me if you will have me as a friend." she walked in. " i may not be a fan of humans but your family is one of the few that i promised your father that i would protect his legacy and that includes you." she giggles and smiles as she sits in the chair. " your just like your father. which is nice i must admit." she relaxed and had a drink. " it a nice place you have."

"Thank you." Luka moved to take the bag; he grabs a picture of his fathers popping off the back of it reveling a small little key with the letters H&F on it. "I haven't had friends since I dropped out of middle school. So yeah I guess, it would be nice to have living friends." He goes up to the second story of the house. He unlocks his parents' bedroom walking into it. He places the doll Rose had given him on his dad's work table.

Putting on his jewelries glasses and pulling out a drawer to take out his pops' work box. He examines the face of it trying to see what will be the best for it.

The doll had aged quite a bit. Some of the hair was ragged and matted and the face was fading. It was in ideal shape. Just needed a few repairs and likely new hair and face. Rose followed him. “ I tried to keep it nice. But work almost never stops.” She looked around the room. “ it been years since I was in here. It was very interesting watching your father work on the dolls.”

He let's a small grace his lips as he removes the head from the doll's body; moving it to the other side of the work table. He starts work on removing the doll's, pulling out another drawer taking out a bundle of new hair the same color as its original hair. "I agree the dolls need constant repairs and maintenance to make sure they stay in mint condition." He begins the rerooting process, plugging in each strain into the doll head.

"My dad and pops would always take turns on fixing dolls. They would pull up a chair for me to sit and watch them work. They really love this guys." He holds up the head examining his hand work before sitting it back on the table. Tucking its hair out of the way he prepares it for a new face. "I'm glad I meet you."

" the pleasure is all mine Luka. I must say your talented with the dolls. sadly i don't get much time to enjoy life. so it nice to be friends with somebody and enjoy there company. is there anything you need Luka?" she watched Luka fix the doll. " i like that doll. i still have the pictures of what it use to look like. im glad it can finally get repaired and join the collection and have a true home."

"I would like to see that picture so I can get this doll's face as close as I can get to it original one." He raffles through his dad's paint box, taking out a platte, brushes and gloss for it's eyes. He looks up at Rose "Thanks. It took me a lot practice to make sure I was doing it right." He goes back to looking through the box.

she gave him the picture. it was a bit more sloppy then the other dolls. but it was very different then what luka had done. it had big eyes and small lips and she seemed like almost like a model." it was special even though not the most perfect one. it has my memories of him with it. i love the dolls. i must say your talent is rare these days. maybe we can make one sometime. though it been over 10 years since i did it with your father."

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Something in the woods

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus