Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » The Rainforest (Public RP, Open)

Kamaria (played anonymously)

((Yeah, I understand. Life can get pretty complicated sometimes. Maybe anyone who wants to continue can, and we can add some new twists to the story? ))
Anonymous (played anonymously) Topic Starter

((Yeah, and here's that post I mentioned I was gonna write. It's long, but, since I don't write often, at least it's long once I do! lol))

Tiamat crossed her arms and glared at Alycia. "Then you are a coward and would keep the rest of us trapped with you."

Tram glared at Tiamat, his eyebrows furrowing at the nude woman--but steadily looking her square in her emerald eyes.

Damnit, he thought, silently, You're not helping! You'll discourage her! You're going to trigger her desire to escape again! But he bit his lip and held his tongue, because he knew Tiamat's reaction was in keeping with her personality, and even in this short time they'd spent together, he realized he should have anticipated it. Shit... he thought as Tiamat continued confronting Alycia and his head turned away from Tiamat and towards Alycia. His brown eyes showed compassion and...fear that she would abandon the mission.

"I..." Alycia started, then had to swallow hard before she could continue. "I know that I am a coward. I never said I wasn't and I don't think there's any shame in it. I'm being realistic. I work as a secretary back in my own world. I don't have close friends or family or anyone that would notice my absence. I'm not good at speaking or fighting outside of my dreams. I'm weak."

Tram felt a pain in his heart as he heard the strain in Alycia's voice, and saw her turn away. He took a step towards her. He longed to...well, to put his arms around her. To tell her she wasn't weak. She wasn't a coward. He knew she wasn't.

"Alycia--" he started, but when her eyes returned to his face they held a defensive fire in them. He froze and didn't step closer, and listened as she spoke. He carefully contemplated his next move.

"He's the one who kept following me around. If you have a problem, you should complain to him," Alycia said, glaring at Tram.

She crossed her arms, but couldn't help but let out a little sigh.

Tram sighed as well, glancing at the others, then making his move. With a stride he closed the distance between he and Alycia, gently but urgently placing his hands on her shoulders and looked down into her eyes.

"What if we could go with you?" he asked. "And what if you could come back, whenever you want?" He paused, holding her gaze intensely. He lowered his voice to a whisper that only she could hear.

"You're not a coward, Alycia," he whispered to her emphatically. "I know you, Alycia. You're not a coward. You're...amazing."

He blushed and looked away, feeling as though his feelings were suddenly on display. He cleared his throat and took his hands off Alycia's shoulders, standing up straighter.

"The technology is new and not perfect, but it exists. We could go with you into your time. And this button--" he held up his wrist for her to see and the sleeve of his uniform slipped back to reveal a bracelet with tiny glowing, blinking lights. He pointed to a tiny, green, glowing button on the back of the bracelet. ..."this button will bring you back. In an instant. I promise you."

He took the bracelet off of his own wrist, and held it open for her, hoping she would offer him her wrist to fasten it to. Knowing he was asking a lot.

"There's no one else. No one else in the right place, at the right time, with the right access, and the right...heart," Tram insisted.

Tram was slightly concerned that he may have offended Tiamat by glaring at her and then trying to smooth things over instead of backing up her tough approach. He knew he'd have to deal with that later, because their team would need Tiamat's fearlessness and strength, but right now, Alycia was the one he needed to win over most.

"You don't want to someday wake up to that future," Tram urged, referring to the hologram news report, and seeing in her eyes that it had affected her.

If she allowed him, he clasped the bracelet around Alycia's wrist and grinned at her broadly and, in any case, he distributed bracelets to all of the others.

"We must find the Gem that allows mind control. And then we must destroy it," Tram said firmly.

Just then, to Tram's surprise, another beautiful young woman burst into the clearing. She was like no one Tram had seen before --- not a dragon, nor a 20th century human, nor a soldier. She wore a velvety, silver cloak over an outfit of robes, and she carried a staff with a snowflake atop it. He was truly baffled, for while he knew the roles of all the people here, he didn't know hers. Perhaps the Service sent her here. Or perhaps...just a glitch. But there was no time to figure it out.

"I'm Tram, and we're going to steal a mind-controlling gem from the 20th century before it gets weaponized and starts a world war that wipes out most of humanity. Would you like to join us?" Tram blurted out, and before she even answered, he snapped a bracelet around her wrist. Then, attaching another one to himself, he punched a few buttons before anyone could change their minds. Unless someone stopped him, he ushered everyone into a small circle, took Alycia's hand and hit the red button on his bracelet.

It was only then that, glancing around at his oddball team--a man in a civil war uniform, a green-eyed nude woman, and a magician-- he realized he hadn't fully thought this through.
Tiamat Fatin (played by KosMos07)

Tiamat glared but held her tongue as she listened, barely flinching at the other woman who appeared. Her emerald eyes flicked appreciatively over her, however, noting the silver hair. Scenting the magic the woman carried, it smelled frosty and like winter. Tiamat kind of liked it, reminding her of sweeping mountain ranges many of her kind called home.

Blinking as Tram gave her the bracelet, she studied it before catching a glimpse of the blush on Tram's face. Rolling her eyes, Tiamat knew that look but again, she held her tongue. There would be time to discuss things later but it she was truly the key to winning then convincing her took precedent.

Sighing, Tiamat flicked her eyes skyward as she cleared her throat. "No there is nothing wrong with being a coward. But true courage is not the lack of fear. It's being very afraid and still doing what needs to be done. Just because I am a dragon does not mean I am fearless. I do fear many things and I am certain that this plan young Tram has will not succeed unless we all work together."

((Sorry! I would've responded sooner but the new system update really messed things up for me! Glad we're still in this!))

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » The Rainforest (Public RP, Open)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus