Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » The Rainforest (Public RP, Open)

Anonymous (played anonymously)

((Open. You can feel free to jump in and write whatever you like. Any genre, any skill level. Just as long as we keep the plot making sense. Create lore, create a monster or a time-traveling visitor (maybe this rainforest is on another planet, or on earth but before our time?) I have no preconceived notions about this world or the plot -- it can go any direction. No minimum frequency of posts or level of commitment required. It's come and go as you please. Let's see what happens.))

The small animal with short brown fur and a long snout made her way slowly through the unusual rainforest, sniffing out succulent, young shoots of grass close to the ground.

She stopped every once in a while to chew these tender treats, as above, the sun shone through the sparse breaks in the rainforest canopy.

At about the size of a pig, the trees towered over her.

Tapir_Nick_Hawkins-1024x681.jpg

The tropical birds talked to one another, providing a chattery backdrop of sound among the tall trees. The colorful birds hopped branch to branch, gossiping about who knows what, shaking the leaves and sending showers of dew drops down over the tapir's short, brown fur. She didn't even look up, she just slowly continued forward in a zig-zaging path on her quest for succulent shoots and leaves, eventually emerging into a more open area.

The rainforest was theirs, for the time being. But it was like no rainforest known to Mankind. Far, far away from this place and time, anything could happen.

The small creature suddenly froze and the hackles on the back of her neck went up. She lifted her snout into the air, sniffing it, tasting it. She sensed something strange in the air. The parrots suddenly went silent. Everything was silent. Listening, waiting.
Alicyia (played by Murkysoulwaters)

Alicyia froze in the trees above as well, her staff weapon already half-way in her hand. Hunting. She'd only been hunting, but the sense of dread that settled in her spine left her staying her hand. And well, she'd never quite seen a pig with a long nose before. Probably best not to beat it silly. As she waited though, she realized it hadn't quite gone completely silent. In the background of it all, there came a gentle hum, like the computer fans she remembered from another life. The sound kept getting louder too, even louder still.

Oh. She knew that sound. Alicyia shot up, her eyes wide as she lept to another tree branch. "It is most definitely time to go!"
Anonymous (played anonymously) Topic Starter

The tapir was oblivious to the golden-haired human who was hunting her. Her usual predators normally stalked her from the bushes. And she didn't detect the scent of those ferocious felines. There was certainly nothing to fear from the trees, of all places. No reason to look up at them. No reason to be wary.

She could easily have been caught and overcome. But today was her lucky day. A more powerful predator scared her unseen predator away.

The strange, gentle hum that rose in the air made her pause and look up. She sniffed the air. The sound was alien -- completely alien. Spooked, she dove behind a bush and disappeared among the leaves.

"There, in the trees!" Tram shouted to his copilot, pointing at the screen, his eyes wild with obsession. "The girl! Target her! Hurry! Hurry!"

But in a flash, she was gone again. Just like every time before.

"Damnit!" Tram yelled and slammed a fist down on the console. "Pursue her!"

"Well, I can't take the craft into the trees Tram!" Zek said, rolling his eyes. "If you want her you'll have to go after herself on foot yourself!"

Fear registered in Tram's green eyes as he paused and stared at his copilot. It was the distant stare of a too-ambitious young man whose mind was racing through the countless possible outcomes that could result from his next decision.

The craft hovered in the air just above the broad-leafed trees as Tram carefully considered how much he wanted this promotion.

"What if I get stuck down there, Zek?" he said, quietly, suddenly admitting his greatest fear to his subordinate.

"You die," Zek said frankly, meeting Tram's emerald gaze with his own icy blue one. "It's not worth it. Leave the girl be."

Tram shifted his eyes to look at the view screen, deceptively inviting green treetops and blue sky filling it from end to end. His mouth became a thin line and his eyes narrowed, obsession with this task clouding his judgement. He said what they both already knew.

"I can't."

With that, Tram unbuckled his seatbelt, left the cockpit, and suited up. An olive green utility pack hanging from his shoulder and an assault rifle on his belt, he made the jump.

Ever since she was a little girl, Alicyia had these dreams. Other people had them too, but no one could explain why. A normal world during the day, but at night...oh at night what dreams she had. Fantastical worlds with dragons and cityscapes, warlords, circuses, and apparently, rainforests. Each dream had its own story and quest. She never woke before she completed it. However, this dream was unlike any of her others. She was beginning to suspect that this wasn't a dream world at all.

Creeping along another branch, she kept going until the hum of the jet faded into the sound of the forest. She assumed whoever had been pursuing her had given up. About time, really. That, like the dreams, had been an ongoing thing, though she supposed it must have started more recently. When it felt safe, she jumped to the ground, running through the soft dirt and over broken branches that snapped beneath her boots. Whatever forest animals were around went skittering away, but she was far done with hunting. Now, it seemed that she was the one being hunted.

That was, until she tripped and fell face-down in the dirt.

As Tram fell to the ground, his magnetic boots interacted with the metal in the planets core to slow his descent, gradually decreasing his acceleration as his falling form approached the surface.

The slim, yet muscular, young soldier looked like an olive-green cannonball dropping from the sky, his arms hugging his knees to his chest and his head down. The safest way to land in the event of a program mafunction.

Tram landed on the soft, forest floor with barely a sound. Silently, he rose to his full height of 6 feet.

The man's short, jet-black hair was mussed up from the wind of the fall and he was already beginning to sweat in the humid rainforest atmosphere.

He listened carefully, not moving.

She was armed, he remembered, his muscles tensing. If the last two years had taught him anything, it was that she could be dangerous, even with primitive weapons. And if she caught him by surprise...it was game over. Well, probably. If his interface was taken or destroyed he be stuck there to live out the rest of his days--which might not be many.

He heard a rustling sound feet away and his heart jumped as he drew the assault rifle and aimed it at the thick underbrush. It could be her. Or one of those catlike creatures preparing to pounce and sink it's teeth into his throat.

"Come out of there!" he shouted, with authority. "You're coming with me or you die!" It was a bluff, of course. He needed her alive, obviously. And if he killed her here, he wasn't sure what would happen, but he would lose her again, at the very least, and he would be back to square one. Or would she die out there? he wondered. If that happened, they were all doomed.

But she had no way of knowing that. he wouldn't kill her. The Third Order wanted her to come willingly, of course, but he wasn't losing her now, the rules be damned.

"I said come out of there, or I'll shoot!" Tram growled again, kicking at the moist soil, sending rocks and pieces of wet earth flying.

Out of the underbrush, the frightened pig-like tapir emerged, skittering across the clearing and disappearing into the trees.

Tram's mouth fell open and he cursed. "Damn. Well I guess I'm here for the night." He sighed and looked up into the trees.

The beasts of this rainforest were things of his nightmares. The rainforest made him uncharacteristically nervous.

Over these past 2 years, he'd pursued his target through so many landscapes, sometimes missing her by mere hours or minutes (it was hard to judge).

He'd dodged dragons claws and clashed swords of warlords, and yet none of those environments made him as unsettled as this dense and humid rainforest... with it's swamps, and it's giant serpents, it's stalking large cats. If there was any world he didn't want to get stuck in, it was this one. Something about not being able to see more than a few yards ahead of him made this expert pilot uneasy.

He swallowed his fear pulled out a small handheld device. Looking at it, with his rifle in the opposite hand, he moved forward through the dense growth, as silently as he could, in the direction of the nearest heat signature. It was moving fast. But then suddenly, it wasn't. The red dot froze on the screen as he heard a huge thud straight ahead.

He burst through the clearing, half expecting another animal when he saw her -- HER -- lying facedown in the dirt.

Tram sucked in a breath and his green flew open wide.

"You!" he whispered to himself. She looked smaller than he'd expected. He had to fight off the urge to help her to her feet. The moment was surreal. Then he set his jaw, narrowed his eyes, and raised his assault rifle, aiming it right at her.

"You're coming with me," he declared, boldly. "Or you die right here and now." He gestured the nose of his rifle towards the clearing where he might still be able to get off a signal before this time window closed.
Tiamat Fatin (played by KosMos07)

Eyes shooting open, the emerald orbs with gold flecks scanned the scenery. This was not her mountain home, shaking her large head, she stood up shakily and tested her limbs. Nothing seemed broken but she was a predator unlike many would want to tangle with in this dense forest.

Lifting her head she caught whiff of many strange things. Foreign things. Hearing a skittering, Tiamat looked down and noticed a pig like creature running away from something. Waiting a few moments to see if anything followed, Tiamat licked her maw as she began to salivate. She was hungry and she would eat well.

Inching forward, the first thing she notices is a girl face down in the dirt. The second was a man with some sort of weapon pointed at her. Emitting a low growl she continued to inch forward until her snout poked through the bushes.

Tram's eyes grew wide again as he heard the low growl coming from behind some bushes. Nervously he raised his rifle to aim towards the sound, then back towards the girl, then back towards the bushes. He wasn't sure who to point at.

A snout poked out of the bushes and he instantly recognized it's shape and form.

A dragon!

He cursed under his breath. This made things more complicated. If the dragon was hungry (and weren't they always?), it might try to attack Alicyia, and then he'd be forced to defend her. Meaning his bluff would be revealed. She would know his goal was to keep her alive.

However, what if the dragon was trying to defend the girl? Then he would have to defend himself.

In either case, he didn't think his assault rifle would be much help against that thick hide. He had expected cats and snakes, not dragons. But one never knew what could happen in here.

Thinking quickly, he realized he had just one option. Escape with the girl...NOW.

Tram fired off a few warning shots in the air, hoping it would give the dragon pause without angering it.

Then with a Third Order war cry he dashed towards Alicyia. She seemed to be stunned or knocked out from the fall perhaps, or perhaps she was playing dead, he wasn't sure.

As Tram ran, he pulled out cuffs from his utility bag and managed to cuff one of her hands to his own before lifting her up and throwing her over his shoulder.
Then he ran like hell.

Through the tangled mess of tropical plants and broad leafed trees, weighted down by Alicyia's body, wondering how fast a dragon could move through such a dense terrain. Tram was grateful, for once, to be the smaller, more nimble creature of the two. I might be able to outrun it in this kind of place. His strong arms carried Alicyia with little effort and he wove through the maze of trees and mazes deftly, heading towards higher ground, looking for somewhere to hide.

All of sudden, he wished he had brought a sword instead of a rifle.

He pointed the weapon up and it made a loud popping noise, unlike anything she'd ever heard. But in the next instant he had grabbed the girl and took off running. Tiamat didn't want to start setting things on fire so she did the next natural thing. She gave chase.

Keeping her wings tucked close to her body, she picked up his scent. Male, sweat, fear, and a strange smokey scent. Letting a roar rumble from her maw, several smaller creatures took off not wanting to be her meal. Following his path, her bulky hide knocking smaller trees out of her way.

Finally reaching a clearing of sorts, Tiamat unfurled her wings and immediately took flight, her large form taking to the sky. Her scales were ebony with a hint of gold in some areas. Now above the trees, she scanned for the little male.

Seeing him, she took note of another large creature seemingly attracted to his mad dash to escape. Narrowing her eyes she let out a deafening roar before swooping down. Barreling through the tree tops, Tiamat kept her prey in sight as she careened downwards. Throwing her wings out last second, she stabbed into the monstrously large snake with her claws.

It hissed as it rounded to attack her but by then it was too late. Opening her maw, Tiamat caught it and chomped down before turning to look towards the human. Dragging the snake with her as she approached, Tiamat wondered if he would run again.

Dropping the snake, she tilted her head before clearing her throat. "Explain your intentions with the girl before I decide to add roast human to my meal." Clearly a feminine voice but it rumbled from her frame like a slow moving thunderstorm.
MHW (played by dantefrancis)

Legiana heard the popping sound,and smelled two,no three people.One male and the others female.Wearing nothing but a white dirty cloth over her body.She ran to the area,and she saw saw that she was a dragon,which was surprising,as she was a dragon herself.And thought that all dragons were extinct. This only encourage her to run faster,and when she reached the area,she saw the woman dropping what looked like a serpent,and that she dropped it,and tried to reason with the man.She decided to stay hidden,and look,not wanting to draw attention to herself.

MHW wrote:

((Hey there! I just wanted to say hi but to also inform that Tiamat isn't in her human form. She's currently in her dragon form. Sorry if it wasn't super clear! ^^))

Tram heard a quiet hissing from up in the trees. He looked back, his eyes burning from the salty sweat pouring from his brow and saw something like a tree branch...perfectly colored for camouflage. Then it moved.

That's not a tree branch! It dropped down onto the ground, its smooth brown skin more visible now that it was away from the brown bark of the tree.

Tram froze and turned to face it, staring the large snake. Catching it off guard, it paused and rose like a cobra about to strike, staring into this strange bipedal creatures eyes, the snake's simple mind trying to judge whether the unfamiliar creatures were predator or prey.

Tram took it's moment of hesitation to fire off a shot but the trigger jammed and the snake prepared to seize them.

This is it, thought Tram as his heart raced.

Then he heard a deafening roar. His eyes turned to the sky and he saw the fierce dragon swoop down and sink it's claws into the huge viper. His mouth gaped open as he gazed at it...ebony scales with hints of gold, magnificent wingspan, 100% fiersome predator but with any undeniable beauty and grace.

Tram wasn't sure what to do, with his trigger jammed and after that display of agility, obviously no where to run. He was at the dragon's mercy. But, then again, it had just saved their lives for some reason.

Dropping the snake, she tilted her head before clearing her throat. "Explain your intentions with the girl before I decide to add roast human to my meal." Clearly a feminine voice but it rumbled from her frame like a slow moving thunderstorm.

Tram's eyebrows raised slightly. She just saved our lives, he corrected himself, adjusting mentally to the realization that this dragon was a female.

Tram looked down at Alicyia on his shoulder, wondering if she was conscious. It had all happened so fast. Tram looked up at the dragon, and cleared his throat.

"I would not harm her," he answered the magnificent creature boldly. "I was sent here to retrieve her. She is the only one who can save my world from a millenia of war, oppression, and destruction. But she does not know it. She thinks she's only a regular person, having a dream. And in a way, she is." He looked down at her, hoping she wasn't hearing any of this. "But in the 32nd century," he said, more quietly, we have the developed the technology to contact her...through the interface, and communicate with her -- in this playground we've lured her consciousness into -- it's some kind of mix between computer simulation and daydream."

He stared at the dragon, his jaw set.

"Roast me if you want, but that's all I can tell you. If she's heard any of this it could jeopardize everything. It was very hard to find someone like her. It's taken me years. Whether she lives or dies your world in the past is safe." he paused, pondering. "But if she does, the mindscape may collapse in on itself, and we are stuck in it."

He looked the dragon straight in her emerald gold flecked eye, wondering if she believed him. His life obviously depended on it.
MHW (played by dantefrancis)

32nd century?,Legiana thought.It didn't know what was going on,but she got this.The dragon saved the human male and female.She was going to leave,until she hear 'war'.That got her attention.And the special ability that he human girl had to predict the future,or that what she guess.She decided to take the human female.She took off the white cloth,revealing wings,and got into a crouching position.

Alicyia blinked her eyes blearily. She must have hit her head when she fell because minutes seemed to pass in moments and her limbs responded accordingly, all slow and weak. One blink and there was a guy in front of her. Although they met many times, it was most like to comet stars streaming past, chasing and running. She didn't think his eyes would look so green, but her sluggish limbs still knew to try to get away. She didn't think that she succeeded though.

Another blink and the familiar roar of a dragon filled her ears. She was up off the ground, watching it speed past from someone's back. Oh, it was him again. That guy she'd been running from for years and she didn't even know why. There was more yelling, a deep booming voice, important words--she swore they were important even if they swam in her mind--before the world focused properly again. She clenched her fists before she started to kick her legs.

"I don't know what's going on, but I swear if you don't put me down now, I'll...something!" She groaned. No time to come up with a better threat though. She glanced around, seeing the shadow of the ebony scaled dragon, but she couldn't get a good look. Her angle offered her something else instead. She jerked her hand out to point into the bushes but found it cuffed.

"Ow! What?" She shook her head. "Nevermind that. There's something else in the bushes there! Let me down so I can fight!"

((I'm so sorry! My notification got buried))

Tiamat narrowed her eyes, the human had guts, most cowered in fear. One scaled brow rose at his statement not saying anything as he continued speaking. When he was done she actually laughed, it rumbling forth from between jagged, sharp teeth. "I will choose to believe you mainly because you're adorably protective. I will help you."

She then tilted her head at the other voice, clearly the woman had woken up. Hearing her words, Tiamat grabbed the dead snake and threw it where the woman indicated. Her vertical pupils became little slits as she growled lowering her head nearly to the ground. Trying to see the other creature, Tiamat flared her nostrils trying to get a scent.

Moving slowly forward, Tiamat moved her tail slightly so she could knock the humans away should a fight break out. Lips curling upwards revealing her teeth, embers already flickering in her maw. "You have two seconds to reveal yourself before I start burning the forest." She was trying to get between whatever smelled like crisp, icy, wintry air and the humans.

((Sorry took so long. Yes, life, exactly right.))

"Fight?!" Tram exclaimed incredulously. His green eyes darted towards the bushes but he himself saw no movement. Is she trying to trick me? Or...is there something there? "Alycia, you're in no condition to fight," Tram said more softly, but he kept a grip on her, struggling as she stuggled--the struggle only resulting in him hold her more tightly. He looked back into her eyes as the dragon spoke and suddenly realized that he had called her by her first name, as if they knew eachother. After all this time chasing her, it was almost like he did.

Don't be stupid, Tram. She doesn't know you. You're not friends. She's a target. A mission. You don't know her at all, his own voice rang out, in his mind.

When the dragon spoke, everyone listened. It was impossible not to. Her voice was commanding. The embers in her maw were striking. As his hands were full right then -- Tram had no choice but to trust the dragon, this new ally, to handle whatever was in the bushes.

"Yes! Come out of there!" Tram agreed, wishing he had his hands free to draw his gun. "Come out of there now, or you're toast!"

It was comical, because his bluster was backed up only by the firepower of a creature he had just met. Yet he spoke as if his own weapon was drawn.

Silently, he nodded in gratitude to the dragon.

But with Tram ever so slightly distracted, Alycia's struggling suddenly became too much and
she was slipping out of his arms--Tram dropped to his knees, trying to keep a hold on her.

"Wait!"

But she slipped out of his grasp.

"No!" Tram shouted desperately, struggling to his feet to give chase if she bolted. He hoped she didn't try to fight whatever was in the bushes and prepared to dive after her if she did.

Still, there was no more sound from the bushes.
Daniel MCfayden (played by Pen_Tsunami)

While everyone was interacting with each other, suddenly a loud noise like thunder came from the west of the rainforest. Anyone could hear infuriated screams of what sounds like more than 100 creatures. from a bird's perspective, they could see a bunch of strange creatures resembling that of a rhinoceros of some sort but covered in a strange shell armour that is multicoloured. The rhinoceros also paired a few extra eye's, and some of the bigger ones had more than 2 horns. However, a glimpse of some blond can catch the eyes of the birds observing the rhino's chasing after the thing.

a young man was running for his life from the whole bunch of angry rhino bugs and what's even stranger? he was completely ahead of them. Maybe the shell-like armour slowed down the rhino's speed since it covered most of there body except the under part, but by the looks of the man he was probably running out of stamina due to how fast he had to run.

But the thing he was carrying caught the eyes of anyone who could see him. it was a strange round glowing orb, like if someone trapped the sun in a ball and the man was probably being slowed down by it, and his strange bag. what was worse was that he was unknowingly heading toward the group, but anyone could hear their steps due to how large they were.

All of her frustration kept going to her head because even Alicyia knew she was being ridiculous. For all she knew, a beast even worse than a dragon could rush out. Like an ancient land-shark type of thing. She'd seen weirder in her dreams. "You're going to trust a dragon over me?" she grunted, giving her captor an extra kick just when he got distracted. It worked and she tumbled to the ground, immediately scrambling away. Thankfully she hadn't lost her weapon, so she whipped it out, snapping the three pieces together into their staff shape as she turned to face the bushes.

However, the 'beast' that appeared was nothing like she expected. After quite a booming sound and the fluttering of angry, terrified birds, the roar of footsteps implied a beast or at least a stampede. However, the thing that came bursting out of the trees first was a rather short man with the oddest orb she had ever seen. Surely he wasn't the one making all that racket? No, no. He looked terrified. Something behind him then.

Alicyia jabbed her weapon in the newcomer's direction, careful to keep everyone else in her view as well. It wouldn't do to let down her guard and get captured again, but she had higher priorities now. "You!" she called to the running blonde man. "What in the world is going on?!"

Tiamat snarled at the girl but realized she hadn't heard the truce. The booming sound pulled her attention and soon a blonde boy erupted from the foliage. "Get behind me!" She didn't know what was coming but she knew the humans wouldn't be able to do much.

Leaping forward with a roar, Tiamat dug her claws into the ground and headbutted the lead rhino insect. She was being pushed back just because of the sheer number of them. Growling, she looked at the three humans and hunkered down. "Get on my back!"

Continuing to be pushed back, Tiamat grunted before flames began to flicker from her maw. Beginning to push back, she used her horns to lift up the lead and fling it away and blasted some others with black colored fire. Of course, another one replaced the lead so she headbutted it stopping her breath.

Tram blushed slightly, Alycia's accusation catching him off guard.

"Trust?" he frowned, pausing. "Trust you...well...see...um..."

Tram wasn't sure what to say to that. Because it was true. Trusting a dragon you just met over a fellow human seemed rather odd. He'd been chasing her for long--he'd never thought to trust her. It was a concept his mind needed time to process. But, unfortunately, time was the one thing they didn't have.

His head snapped towards the West as the thundering sound struck their ears and he instinctively drew and aimed gun.

Oh sh**! It's a stampede! Tram thought as the sound grew closer. His green eyes grew wide and his muscles taut as he pointed his gun towards the thundering sound only to see a short, blonde man with a glowing orb break through the treeline in a full, desperate run.

"Identify yourself!" Tram shouted, pumping the shotgun threateningly and aiming it at the man. The barrel moved as the man ran, Tram keeping him in his sights despite his fast movement.

But in moments he realized there was a much bigger problem.

"What the--!" he whispered and adjusted his aim. His instinct was to run from the fantastical stampeding creatures, but there was no outrunning them!

"Get behind me!" the dragon exclaimed.

Well, there was really no arguing with that. He glanced at Alycia. It looked like they would both have to trust the dragon now.

He dove behind the ebony creature just in time as she valiently fought off rhino after rhino and he hoped Alycia would too.

"Get on my back!" the dragon roared and again, it was not a time to argue. He climbed onto Tiamat's back and offered to help pull Alycia and the man with the orb up if they decided to do the same.

"Hold on tight!" he advised them confidentally, as if he road dragons every day. And he himself did just that. It was looking as if the rhino insects would take the dragon down until the fire came. He could feel it's heat even this far away.
Daniel MCfayden (played by Pen_Tsunami)

Dan stopped dead in his tracks when he heard the dragon speak. For a split second, he didn't even notice the others drawing their weapons on him. His face was a blush pink but he wasn't completely out of stamina since he had to outrun worse. much worse. Tanks and guns are way faster than the helpless medic, but sometimes his shortness takes to his advantage. The orb's glow started to dim down, witch it was surprising as big as the palm of his hand, giving off a tiny glow with the orange and red color in it, resembling that of a sunset.

He stopped running only a few feet away from the group when he heard the dragon urging everyone to get on its back. Of course, he would question if this was a dream, but not right at the moment, much like getting caught in a crossfire trying to help a fallen soldier you cant think, only focus and act and trust your own instinct. He managed to climb on after tram, and that's when you could see the red crosses on the side's of his shoulders, and surprisingly he was still carrying the orb.

he wasn't panting that much since his training taught him to conserve as much stamina as possible, and surprisingly he was only running for a good 18 minutes, nothing compared to how fast he was on the field treating the wounded. The bangs of his blonde hair stood up mediately after he calmed down quickly, and his blue uniform, as well as the red crosses on the side of both of his shoulders, were shining to the sun, and he started coughing up dust, covering his mouth with most of his arm.

However, he heard what the man said, so he tried his best to stop coughing and slid the orb into his backpack while holding onto 'something'.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » The Rainforest (Public RP, Open)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus