Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » The Rainforest (Public RP, Open)

Alicyia (played by Murkysoulwaters)

All of her frustration kept going to her head because even Alicyia knew she was being ridiculous. For all she knew, a beast even worse than a dragon could rush out. Like an ancient land-shark type of thing. She'd seen weirder in her dreams. "You're going to trust a dragon over me?" she grunted, giving her captor an extra kick just when he got distracted. It worked and she tumbled to the ground, immediately scrambling away. Thankfully she hadn't lost her weapon, so she whipped it out, snapping the three pieces together into their staff shape as she turned to face the bushes.

However, the 'beast' that appeared was nothing like she expected. After quite a booming sound and the fluttering of angry, terrified birds, the roar of footsteps implied a beast or at least a stampede. However, the thing that came bursting out of the trees first was a rather short man with the oddest orb she had ever seen. Surely he wasn't the one making all that racket? No, no. He looked terrified. Something behind him then.

Alicyia jabbed her weapon in the newcomer's direction, careful to keep everyone else in her view as well. It wouldn't do to let down her guard and get captured again, but she had higher priorities now. "You!" she called to the running blonde man. "What in the world is going on?!"
Tiamat Fatin (played by KosMos07)

Tiamat snarled at the girl but realized she hadn't heard the truce. The booming sound pulled her attention and soon a blonde boy erupted from the foliage. "Get behind me!" She didn't know what was coming but she knew the humans wouldn't be able to do much.

Leaping forward with a roar, Tiamat dug her claws into the ground and headbutted the lead rhino insect. She was being pushed back just because of the sheer number of them. Growling, she looked at the three humans and hunkered down. "Get on my back!"

Continuing to be pushed back, Tiamat grunted before flames began to flicker from her maw. Beginning to push back, she used her horns to lift up the lead and fling it away and blasted some others with black colored fire. Of course, another one replaced the lead so she headbutted it stopping her breath.
Anonymous (played anonymously) Topic Starter

Tram blushed slightly, Alycia's accusation catching him off guard.

"Trust?" he frowned, pausing. "Trust you...well...see...um..."

Tram wasn't sure what to say to that. Because it was true. Trusting a dragon you just met over a fellow human seemed rather odd. He'd been chasing her for long--he'd never thought to trust her. It was a concept his mind needed time to process. But, unfortunately, time was the one thing they didn't have.

His head snapped towards the West as the thundering sound struck their ears and he instinctively drew and aimed gun.

Oh sh**! It's a stampede! Tram thought as the sound grew closer. His green eyes grew wide and his muscles taut as he pointed his gun towards the thundering sound only to see a short, blonde man with a glowing orb break through the treeline in a full, desperate run.

"Identify yourself!" Tram shouted, pumping the shotgun threateningly and aiming it at the man. The barrel moved as the man ran, Tram keeping him in his sights despite his fast movement.

But in moments he realized there was a much bigger problem.

"What the--!" he whispered and adjusted his aim. His instinct was to run from the fantastical stampeding creatures, but there was no outrunning them!

"Get behind me!" the dragon exclaimed.

Well, there was really no arguing with that. He glanced at Alycia. It looked like they would both have to trust the dragon now.

He dove behind the ebony creature just in time as she valiently fought off rhino after rhino and he hoped Alycia would too.

"Get on my back!" the dragon roared and again, it was not a time to argue. He climbed onto Tiamat's back and offered to help pull Alycia and the man with the orb up if they decided to do the same.

"Hold on tight!" he advised them confidentally, as if he road dragons every day. And he himself did just that. It was looking as if the rhino insects would take the dragon down until the fire came. He could feel it's heat even this far away.
Daniel MCfayden (played by Pen_Tsunami)

Dan stopped dead in his tracks when he heard the dragon speak. For a split second, he didn't even notice the others drawing their weapons on him. His face was a blush pink but he wasn't completely out of stamina since he had to outrun worse. much worse. Tanks and guns are way faster than the helpless medic, but sometimes his shortness takes to his advantage. The orb's glow started to dim down, witch it was surprising as big as the palm of his hand, giving off a tiny glow with the orange and red color in it, resembling that of a sunset.

He stopped running only a few feet away from the group when he heard the dragon urging everyone to get on its back. Of course, he would question if this was a dream, but not right at the moment, much like getting caught in a crossfire trying to help a fallen soldier you cant think, only focus and act and trust your own instinct. He managed to climb on after tram, and that's when you could see the red crosses on the side's of his shoulders, and surprisingly he was still carrying the orb.

he wasn't panting that much since his training taught him to conserve as much stamina as possible, and surprisingly he was only running for a good 18 minutes, nothing compared to how fast he was on the field treating the wounded. The bangs of his blonde hair stood up mediately after he calmed down quickly, and his blue uniform, as well as the red crosses on the side of both of his shoulders, were shining to the sun, and he started coughing up dust, covering his mouth with most of his arm.

However, he heard what the man said, so he tried his best to stop coughing and slid the orb into his backpack while holding onto 'something'.

Alicyia kept her weapon held at the ready for another second before she too rushed to retreat behind the dragon, even taking Tram's hand to help pull herself up without thinking about it. It was funny that he'd always been her enemy, but she felt a strange bond with the guy. And despite criticizing his trust in the dragon, she did as well. She just...well, felt she deserved to be trusted to take care of herself too, at least against some types of monsters. This was a bit ridiculous and outside of her control. Honestly. Rhino bugs?

Once she situated herself high up on the dragon's shoulders, holding on right, she raised her voice over the sounds of the battle. "Do you think you can fly with us like this? There's too many to fight and I don't think they'll chase us!" The creatures did seem like those in a mindless stampede. Best to leave instead of fighting it out. Then they could all really sit down and talk. Alicyia had a feeling that she deserved some answers.

Tiamat growled as she pushed back, her muscles and claws straining. Once she heard and felt everyone climb on, hoping they held onto her spines, she tossed the other creature. Not having much time, she leapt to a thick tree before leaping skyward. Her monstrous wings flapped taking them higher until she found a heat current riding it even higher.

Leaving the forest behind, she looked for a safer place to land. "Hold on." Half gliding down, Tiamat then tucked her wings beginning a plummeting descent. Angling towards the mountain range, she flared her wings to slow the descent before letting them out fully to glide the rest of the way down.

Landing, she hunkered down to let them off her back fairly certain they were not pleased with the ride. Good, she didn't want to ferry them all over the place. "So boy, where do we need to head to leave this place." Turning to fix Tram with her gaze briefly she studied the other two in turns.

Tram breathed a sigh of relief when Alycia took his hand and climbed onto the dragon's back. It was partly that his mission was to bring her back. That's what he told himself. But the reality was that most of the relief came from the fact that he didn't want her to die. Not her. The power of his desperation to see her rise out of danger caught him by surprise. But he didn't have much time to reflect before Tiamat began to move beneath them. It happened so fast!

Tram was almost bucked off, nearing rolling over onto Daniel, but he grabbed the huge dragon's spine and steadied himself just in time.

"Sorry, solider," Lieutenant Tram grunted, understanding Daniel was a military medic from his uniform, but not knowing much more than that...not which century, nor which country--but respecting the discipline of a man in the service.

Tram hung onto Tiamat's spine for dear life! First they landed on a thick tree and the impact shook Tram's body, then they were ascending---up, up, up---on an unsteady ride that took them higher with every flap of the creatures huge wings. Tram bit his tongue to keep from yelling out in terror! He felt like one of them could slide off any moment, but he knew he mustn't show his fear, lest everyone, especially Alycia, lose respect him. He was a pilot so the heights didn't frighten him--it was the lack of seatbelts, the lack of a plane around them, the lack of control. Tram quietly cursed under his breath and held the spine tighter as they got higher.

But they victoriously rose out of danger and the...rhino bugs became like tiny, strangely colorful ants far below them. When Tiamat found a hot air current that pulled her even higher, suddenly there was a moment of stability, and Tram was able to take in the beauty of the landscape. The wind of flight blowing his short, jet black hair back from his face, and the stern line of his lips softening and parting just slightly, he looked over the horizon as the dragon glided.

The sky was still bright blue, although the sun was thinking about setting, lighting afire whisps of pink and gold clouds that were hanging over the top of the mountain range. Tiamat, Alycia, Daniel, and Tram sailed over the prehistoric-looking rainforest towards the mountains. Tram stole a glance at Alycia.

"Are you seeing this?" Tram whispered to her with a touch of awe, "Have you ever seen anything like this?" It was the voice of a man who was rarely planetside and spent his childhood playing on space stations.

If Alycia answered, he listened to it with utmost attention. Whether she did answer or not, Tram himself staring at her fair face against the sunset backdrop and thinking that she made it more beautiful. At the thought, the Lieutenant blushed and quickly looked away, then down at the dragon's scales, frowning at himself for his imprudent, irrelevant feelings. I must get her to headquarters in time. That's all that matters, he reproached himself. He looked back at her, his hazel-green eyes detatched and determined once again.

Just then, Tiamat began her fast decent, and Tram yelled out before he could bite his tongue to stop himself.

"Yaaaaah!" he shouted, grasping tighter to the dragon once more and making himself as he could against her back so the wind resistance wouldn't fight him.

His heart was beating a mile a minute by the time they landed.

He rolled off the dragon and onto the blessed ground, lying down flat on his back, closing his eyes and laughing at the craziness of this whole event. Strangely, he wasn't trying to capture Alycia. He didn't feel like she was going to run away again. Maybe it was careless of him. But maybe, for once, they could just talk.

Tram sat up after a moment. Then he stood up. He looked Tiamat in the eye.

"Thank you," he said. "You saved our lives, even though that ride almost gave me a heart attack. We owe you one." He looked at Alycia and Daniel in turn.

When the dragon asked which way was out, Tram rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly.

"Well...see...it's not quite that simple. Erm...okay. Fine. It's time I explained what's going on."

He asked their help in building a fire and once they had a fire going, and once they were all gathered around it, Tram look at all of them in turn, his eyes ending on Alycia's.

"See---" Tram began, firelight giving his face a slightly eerie glow, "You're not here--not really. I mean, you are, but your bodies are not. But...I don't mean you're dead..." Tram sighed, shook his head and struggled to find the words. "You're all alive--in your times, in your worlds. But you are unconscious, and the 32nd century has found you. In other words, you have been recruited. Thirty-second century earth needs your help."

Tram looked at Tiamat. He wondered if she would risk her life to save humans from the future. But then--she already had, hadn't she? But she was stuck here. What if she wasn't. Would she still care about creatures so weak and puny and hostile?

He looked at Daniel. He believed the man would probably do his part back in his time, if he could.

Then Tram looked at Alycia. He wondered if she would run right then. He wondered if she already knew, or if she had no idea. He had a feeling she knew.

"Soldier?" He looked at tram with his blue eyes. He spoke partly with an offense and sarcasm. He smiled tho, and something about a medic smiling heals most hearts already. He wasn't used to be getting called a soldier, he didn't even had a weapon on him. Only... Candy bars... And a few sodas just to keep him going. But he took it as a compliment anyway. His eyes were a bit unusual, a light blue color against a dark blue. He wouldn't admit he secretly loved to ride the dragon even if it was a bumpy ride, I mean, it's not every day you ride a dragon and outrun rhino bugs. he faced away from the group and looked at the sun setting.

Daniel took out the orb he kinda stole, just to see if he could make it talk again. It's weird to say that, even if you're just thinking to yourself. He studied how every time he dropped the orb, it would stop glowing or just have an even dimmer light. He couldn't even understand why the orb reacted like that. It was weird enough he found it in an old cave. Dan didn't really approach the fire, he helped to make it of course but after it was built he sat back down on the grass a few feet away from the fire.

He was strangely calm about seeing a dragon but was still upset at the fact that he was short. Yes. Dan cares more about his own height than a dragon. He wanted to make himself at least a bit distant. He didn't want to admit it but Everytime he has friends or close friends, they either get really injured or die. He laid down, using his big brown backpack as a kinda cozy pillow if it weren't for the soda cans, it might've been like a kinda soft pillow. Dan kinda had his own thoughts going tho.
He can't make friends, not if he dies, he doesn't know how to fight, especially with his own hands. After all, he wasn't trained to. Medics save lives, not stain their hands with grim of the battlefield. He didn't know what but something about the soldier kind of unsettled him.

Alicyia let out a shout as they took off, holding on even tighter. The rush of air and the sudden G-forces hit her in the gut, but she found herself grinning, her ponytail whipping in the wind behind her as she leaned up to get an even better look. The forest that zipped underneath them, the colors of the sky, the looks on her companion's faces. The new guy seemed to enjoy it, but Tram...Alicyia would have laughed if she had the breath for it.

"It's beautiful!" she just managed before they dropped back toward the earth, leaving her screaming half in delight and half in terror. The flight had been short, but she still found herself dropping to the ground, finally letting out the laugh that had been trying to make its way out for some time. "Oh my god! Flying is the best!" She threw her arms around Tiamat's neck in a quick hug, whispering so only she could hear. "Thank you. You're my favorite dragon by far."

She glanced at the blonde man, still not sure what to do about him. He seemed withdrawn despite his original dramatic entrance. She wanted to draw him into the group a little more, but at the same time, she remembered her earlier irritation. She could deal with blondie after she got her answers. Turning to Tram after they got the fire started, she just stared.

"I don't know what you mean," she stated flat out. Of course this was a dream. She'd known about that for the entire length of their chase, but why would anyone try to recruit her? Her? She was an ordinary, boring girl. She hadn't done anything until she started to dream. Which brought her back to the main point. Alicyia jabbed her finger accusingly at the dark-haired man, hazel eyes livid with anger. "Anyway, you're the one who's been trying to kill me!"

((I swear, one of these days my notifications won't get buried))

She was slightly taken aback by the hug, wasn't everyday she received one. She then studied them and decided since her size wasn't currently needed. Listening to him, she chuckled before laughing. "Well then I guess you didn't realize you had a dragon else you would've woken me up already." Shaking her head she listened to the blonde girl accuse the dark headed boy of trying to kill her.

"If he was really trying to kill you he wouldn't have tried to 'save' you from me earlier. Which reminds me, I threw away a perfectly good meal." She looked longingly down into the forest, betting that snake would've been tasty. Moving away from the group slightly she began to shift, no need to be a dragon any longer plus she could always shift back.

Hoping she'd moved far enough away from them as thre sounds of breaking bones and rending flesh tended to be off putting. Becoming much smaller and human looking, she approached thre group again as a tall woman. She had long ebon tresses that touched the ground and her skin was a golden tan. Vibrant emerald eyes glittered as the nude woman looked at each of them.

"This form is probably what you found and if it means getting out of this endless maze. I will do whatever is necessary. Since we're going to be traveling together, perhaps a proper introduction is in order. You may address me as Tiamat."

Tram threw his hands up in the air innocently, his gun in it's holster. His eyebrows shot up and his eye color looked almost brown in the firelight.

"Not kill you! Capture you, sure. But not kill you. The gun is just a prop. It...was a bluff." Tram averted his eyes which had been staring into Alycia's. He folded his hands together in his lap as he sit, cross-legged in front of the fire.

"Look," he said, smoothing back his jet black hair, trying to recover it's original shape pre-dragon ride, his eyes then flickering back to hers. His voice took on a determined, urgent tone with a hint of desperate pleading. His tone of voice was a strange mix: half fiery zealot, and half gentle persuader.

"The future needs you! Yes, you, Aly. You're the only one in the right place, at the right time, with the right...internal chatacteristics...to destroy The Gem and it's creator, and prevent the Age of Neuro-slavery before it begins! And the rebellion and nuclear war that followed and has left only thousands of us alive! Out of billions.." his eyes glittered slightly in the firelight. His eyes stayed on Alycia.

He stood up, then, pacing, and finally crouching down next to where she was sitting, tentatively placing a hand on her shoulder and staring into her eyes. His deep voice got remarkably soft, but still held a desperate plea in it.

"You may feel like you're not important out there," Tram spoke to her, softly. "You may not have an important job, an important life. But you have something inside that's important. And it could going to save the world, if only you'll believe me. If only you'll stop running and let me...catch you."

Suddenly the words sounded romantic somehow and Tram suddenly became aware of how close he was to her; how close their bodies were. Reluctantly, he lifted his arm off of her shoulder. Then he looked down and cleared his throat, and stood up. He was suddenly too shy to be so close to her. So close.

((The Gem is a helmet and later an implant based on the mind control potential of trans cranial magnetic stimulation. https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn20348-mind-controls-magnetic-relief-for-depression/)

As he stood up, he saw Tiamat walk out, nude, her long, dark hair flowing to the ground and her green eyes vibrant. Tram's mouth opened and hung slightly agape at the sight. He hadn't expected to see a nude woman walk out instead of a dragon. He wasn't briefed on their various forms, only the Mission they were recruited to complete.

"Uh..." he said looking at her, frozen. Then he snapped out of it, briefly side-eyeing Alycia to see her reaction then turned back to face Tiamat, careful to keep his eyes level.

"Yes, a proper introduction, of course," Tram agreed, brandishing a bold and brash smile of an Officer, not showing that he was still a bit awed to be talking to a dragon and studying her green eyes curiously. He held his hand out to Tiamat.

"Lieutenant Darrell Tram, Level III pilot, Level II Mindscape Skiptracer."

After a split second her realized that shaking hands was not the polite greeting for her time and culture. Remembering his medeival decorum, he quickly withdrew his hand and bowed cordially to her instead.

"Y-yes. I'm sure you were probably recruited in... this... form." He cleared his throat) then walked away pacing, hands behind his back in a soldierly posture, letting others make their formal introductions to Tiamat if they wished to.

Then his pace brought him back around to face the crew and he addressed them all. He noted Daniel seemed uncomfortable with the term soldier, so he nodded to him and said,

"Daniel the Medic, Tiamat the Dragon, and Alycia the Adventurer -- you all have been recruited and brought to the Mindscape from the future for different reasons, but they're all part of one grand mission."

He looked at the each in turn, pacing by, "None of us can succeed without the other. Every step in the process must take place, or the next person cannot do their part for the mission to succeed."

Tram hit a button on his way and a holographic newscast replay began playing in the air above the crackling fire for all to see.

The first image was oddly two dimentional. It was Wolf Blitzer, CNN anchor, interviewing a female guest.

"Let me get this straight, so that the American people understand--you're saying that you've discovered a new element?" Wolf Blitzer asked.

"Yes. Only trace amounts, found inside a single meteor from deep space," the female responded, smiling at Wolf. He nodded soberly.

"Right. And what practical applications do you believe this new discovery might have?"

"Oh, it's very interesting, Wolf. We have found that the element interacts uniquely with magnetic fields. It's presence seems to apply the effect magnetic fields have on biological tissue. There may be applications for treating Parkinson's, Altzheimers, and even Depression and chronic pain."

The hologram changed and became more high definition. A reporter in strangely casual clothing was on scene at a protest in front of Amazon headquarters.

People behind him were picketing, chanting and trying to get their signs into the camera shot.

A reporters voice came on, his tone barely veiling his disgust and condescension.

"This is the scene in front of Amazon headquarters today. The people behind me are employees who don't believe they should be required to wear a helmet called the "Productivity Maximizer." Last week Amazon began requiring it's use as a condition of employment with the company. The helmet harmlessly enhances the brains of workers, allowing them to be faster and more accurate, while redirecting distracting brain activities such as daydreaming back to work related thoughts. But even with all the obvious benefits, these workers feel the helmet violates their right to free will."

Then there were flashes of perfectly synchronized armies marching into wilderness encampments to arrest the last few resistors, scenes of tech advancement, space stations, bases on the near planets, gliterring skyscrapers built by mind-controlled human automatons.

Then flashes of a rebellion, a nuclear war, all the earth-side capitals in ruin.

"We can prevent this," Tram said, his voice wavering. "You can. And if we succeed, needless to say--you'll be greatly compensated for your courage."

He hoped he had convinced them. Each of them would have to risk their lives in their own time to gather the needed items that would enable Alycia to make a device, break into the base and destroy the gem made of the mystical meteorite element before anyone figured out what it could do.

But the day was quickly approaching in Alycia's time when the truth was discovered and events set in motion. If he didn't convince her soon -- if he didn't convince them ALL -- it would be too late.

Daniel was somehow at the fire. You probably didn't even see him move from the spot where he used to be and yet, there he was. He reached into his pocket, at first, the way his hand bent to reach into his backpack pocket the first thing you could assume was that he was reaching for a gun, but instead he pulled out a... Candy bar. He opens the colourful wrapper and happily starts eating it like a small child. Before he was finished he looked at the group and then stood up, taking off his backpack. "Oh right, I should probably share due to how many I have," he said as he got out 3 large-sized candy bars. He hands each one of you a candy bar before sitting back down finishing his before he smiles, placing the strange orb in his lap.

He wasn't expecting that orb to belong to a bunch of rhino bugs, but by the way, they were positioned were they... Guarding it? He then looked at everyone observing you all carefully and could understand your characteristics immediately. He then picks up the orb and smiles like a child again. "Want me to show you a trick? I just learned it but I'm sure I can do it again!". He then closes his eyes and contrintrates really hard as he did in the weird temple. As soon as he did the orb, started to get a more vibrant glow, as it starts to levitate. It got back its fire-like glow as Daniel opened his eyes, the orb started to nuzzle him like a small kitten. It didn't do that before... If you looked close enough you could also see the fire forming small cat-like eyes in the fire. That would explain the nuzzling...

The car orb thingy started to levitate looking at each person, before retreating back to Daniels bag around his waist. "That was... odd..." He tilted his head, but he didn't want to open the bag around his waist like the orb would run away forever if he did. He looks at the group and then sits with his legs folded and set his head on his hand. "I forgot to say my name, sorry sorry, I'm daniel, but please call me dan" he smiles again. For someone who will soon be a young adult and to someone in a war, he acted like a child, getting distracted by strange things and so excited about sweets, it seems like his bag was full of candy instead of medical supplies. Maybe he keeps them in the small pouches around his chest and the big bag at the end.

For a long minute, Alicyia could only stare at Tram. It sounded like pure nonsense poured from his mouth, delusions even. A neuro-slavery? What did that even mean? The emotions he portrayed looked so real, but she couldn't understand this at all. Even when he came nearer, placing a hand on her shoulder, she couldn't manage any words. He told her she had something special, even though no one had told her that before. He told her that he only wanted to catch her, not hurt her. Tiamat was right in that he protected her, multiple times even, and the look in his eyes was oddly endearing. But still it seemed so strange.

She shook her head, using Tiamat's nude (nude?!) entrance to put some space between herself and Tram again. "Even if what you say is true, I'm not inclined toward anything just because you say it." She gave Tram a look and moved to stand closer to Daniel since he at least seemed just as put off by this whole situation as her. Or maybe he was just distracted? She had to do a double-take when she noticed the orb start to levitate. Did this guy have some sort of weird sci-fi technology or did he find that here? Magic? Illusion? She opened her mouth to ask but shook her head again.

"Look, Tiamat, Daniel...Tram. It's been such a joy meeting you all. And yes, that is at least one-third sarcastic. But I don't think I can do this." The images of the hologram burned in her mind though. Even after she turned away, the image of burning, flattened buildings persisted. How could people do that? Would that happen near to her time? She'd been asleep a long time, already tired of the monotony of life and the harshness of people in it. Awake Alicyia was nothing. She was a boring dot on the wall. "I don't think I can wake up and leave this world I've built for myself behind. Surely there's someone else you can find to help. Someone better than me. Just...let me have a day to think."

Or maybe a day to get away, but even as she stalked to the edge of the firelight, she couldn't bring herself to leave. It was strange, but she didn't want to leave. Not yet anyway. But if there was another way to solve all their problems, she would love to find it.

Tiamat merely arched an eyebrow at Tram's reaction and explanation but shook his hand nonetheless. It certainly cleared up a few things, especially when concerning the ever changing world they were a part of, at least for the time being. Moving closer to the fire, the dragoness only listened for the moment.

Ageless green eyes flicked towards Daniel, accepting the food given with a faint smile. Watching him open the thing, she followed suit as was immediately hit with the smell of chocolate. Taking a small bite, to test, Tiamat was surprised by the taste even as he played with the orb. Blinking as it stared at her, Tiamat merely continued to eat the bar given until it was finished.

Sucking the chocolate residue from her fingers, Tiamat looked at Alicyia and narrowed her eyes. Finally deciding to speak, Tiamat crossed her arms and glared. "Then you are a coward and would keep the rest of us trapped with you." Turning to face the other woman Tiamat kept her voice calm but the undercurrent of anger was there.

"How many have you dragged into your world? I certainly don't belong here and yet here I am. Subconsciously you knew something was coming and you pulled us into your dream. The time for inaction and thinking is over. We must act or it seems like humans will be next to go extinct."

Knowing her words were harsh, Tiamat wasn't about to apologize for them either. She'd woken up in this world being ripped from hers and the world she knew, those she loved. "If you still refuse to help then be so kind as to send the rest of back to our own dreams. If I'm to die I'd rather be surrounded by the ghosts of my family."

((Sorry it's been so, so long, but I started to miss this rp. I'm hoping that we can still continue?))

Alicyia stared furiously at the forest floor. Her eyes burned with angry, hurt tears, but she held them back. She was far too proud for that, even if she kept her back turned from the others. Coward. That word lashed out at her though. Even if she knew it was true, it was another thing entirely to hear it said to her face. "I..." she started, then had to swallow hard before she could continue. "I know that I am a coward. I never said I wasn't and I don't think there's any shame in it. I'm being realistic. I work as a secretary back in my own world. I don't have close friends or family or anyone that would notice my absence. I'm not good at speaking or fighting outside of my dreams. I'm weak."

Shrugging the words off, Alicyia finally turned to look at Tiamat, not giving Tram a second glance. She didn't want to at this point. "If I had power over what was happening though, I would send you all away. I prefer to wallow in my world in peace. However, this guy-!" She finally sent a burning glare at Tram. "He's the one who kept following me around. If you have a problem, you should complain to him."

She crossed her arms, but couldn't help but let out a little sigh. All her harsh words were just self-defense. How long would it be before she could go back to her usual spunky, bright self? Would they all have to leave for that? Or had she already gone too far? The hologram images couldn't be forgotten and that didn't help her mood. Ignorance really was bliss and she wanted it back very, very much.
Kamaria (played anonymously)

((I know I'm really late, and not everyone in this RP may still be actively posting in it, but the entire concept really facinated me. I was hoping I could join in...if not, just ignore this))

Kamaria was confused. She was lying face down on some huge, dewy, deep green leaf. Colorful vegetation and sounds of a rainforesr erupted around her: the gentle lapping of a pool if water, the powerful rushing of a waterfall, the rustling of creatures moving through the overgrown plants, and exotic birds cawing as they soared through the air. The hot, humid air that madr Kamaria's skin feel sticky. She also felt light headed, and sick. As an Ice Elemental Mage, heat made her feel dizzy and weak. 'Why am I here? What happened?' Her mind raced with questions, giving her a stabbing headache.

Then she remembered something important: her staff. A fleeting moment of panic flooded through her. Where was her staff? She scanned her surroundings, and felt an overwhelming sense of relief when she spotted it lying in the undergrowth. Crawling over to it, she clapsed it firmly with her hand. The staff itself was silver, intricarly carved with a swirling snowflake pattern. The top was a softly glowing ice crystal that seemed to radiate a mythical energy. Her staff was how the young mage focused her powers. She had yet to complete her training, and thus she couldn't use her bare hands to cast her icy magic. She needed her staff. And it seemed ice powers would come in handy in the heated climate.

Brushing the layer of dirt that covered her robes, Kamaria stood. She felt light headed and dizzy, and leaned against her staff for support. She weakly chanted an incantation, clutching the staff. The ice crystal's glow strengthened, flooding the forest with a blue light. The air around her cooled instantly. She felt better, and her mind felt clearer. She looked down. She was still in her flexible light blue tubic and pants, with lightweight peices of silver armor on top. The outfit was covered by her thick, sliver velvet cloak, the Ice Elemental symbol serving as the robe clasp. The outfit wasn't ideal for the climate, but it was a traditional Ice Elemental Mage garb. It would have to work.

Taking notice of her surroundings, Kamaria heard voices. Others were here, possibly others who could help figure out what the heck was going on. She followed them, until she burst into a clearing. What she saw surprised her. She saw a military lookong man, a floating orange cat orb thing hoverong next to someone who appeared to be a medic, a nude woman with timeless green eyes, and a girl with blonde hair and a staff. And of course, they seemed to be in the middle of an important conversation. "Umm...hi," she spoke, uncertain fo what to say, and feeling very, very awkward.

((Hello! And I think the majority of us have been bogged down a tad with life so posting is slow. But I welcome you , hopefully new blood will get things renewed!))
Arcane (played by Pen_Tsunami)

(( HeY guys, I thought this RP was dead, and I’m very sorry to regret that I killed Daniel in cold blood and made a new character, can I replace him with someone else? I missed you all and I don’t want to give up just yet but I want to know if I can change my character, I’ll still play as Daniel tho, but I’ll use his actions mixed in with my new characters reply. ))

((Welcome to the rp, DyingEmbers. I'm not sure when there will be new posts, but I really like your character design~
Pen: I'm not really in charge, but if you think you can manage it, it seems fine to me. *shrug*))

Alicyia wrote:
((Welcome to the rp, DyingEmbers. I'm not sure when there will be new posts, but I really like your character design~
Pen: I'm not really in charge, but if you think you can manage it, it seems fine to me. *shrug*))

((Yeah, I second all the stuff Murky said. I'm supposed to be in charge, but life took a turn and I tried to suggest someone else take over, but no one bit the hook. Now I have a week off for Thanksgiving so I have a rare moment of motivation and free time, so I'm gonna churn out a post after all. Welcome, DyingEmbers...yes everyone has put in some really neat ideas. Pen - yeah, ditto to what Murky said.))

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » The Rainforest (Public RP, Open)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus