Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Vectes (one on one)

Desmond Stroud (played by Dehzinn)

The flight took the whole night, and not to mention, the pilot was past tired and in a bad mood, he signaled for the crew, 'Five minutes'. Ross rallied his squad on near the machinery that they had transported, "Ok, we are going to land the pavelow close to the museum, then you will drive the forklift here", he said, pointing to Marcus, "And you, private, are going to drag the tin can back to the blast door where we will be waiting for simon to land and regroup", he said to Desmond, pressing a red button and opening the loading ramp.

Just before the pavelow landed, Marcus had already jumped out of it, running to get the forklift in place, while Ross walked towards the museum to get the blast door open. There was no need to keep them waiting out there in the open with such precious cargo. He calmly walked towards it, with his assault rifle in one hand. Meanwhile, Desmond was having a bad time trying to drag 192 back to the museum, even with Simon helping him once he had finished shutting down and locking the pavelow, "I think it's time for you to get on a weight loss treatment", Simon said, cracking up in laughter.
Marina walked out, hair up, wet from a shower, and a jacket on, since she was cold. She walked over to Desmond. "Thank you, all of you, a great deal." she said, smiling. A few of the men working for the base where tugging and pulling on 192, falling on their asses in attempt, waving over a few more men to help, since they where scientists, not army dogs or body builders. After a few minutes she was dragged away to get repaired and what not.

Desmond stretched his backs, while Simon just leaned on a wall, recovering from the effort, since he was just the squad's engineer and pilot. Ross, in the other hand, was very fine, "You are getting soft, private", he said to Desmond, who just stared at him, since he was the commanding officer. "Both of you", said Ross, now looking at Simon, and then walked towards Marina, "Alright, what now?", he asked her.
Unknown user

"You all can go , eat, shower, go to your rooms and rest up. The rest of the heavy lifting and what not shall be done by the men who work here." She said, smiling and dismissing them, turning to get a coffee from a man who stood behind her, and then wandered off after she took it, starting to drink the black liquid. "Desmond, walk with me."

The squad was already getting ready for the welcoming rest, since they didn't sleep in the past 48 hours, staying on alert during the whole operation. Desmond was walking besides Simon, but then turned around, surprised at Marina, and looked towards Ross, who just nodded in return. Desmond jogged towards Marina until he stopped besides her, and then he just walked along, not saying anything.
Unknown user

"So, why are you so connected to 192?" she asked. No one she ever met was more connected to a being...Not more then some clanky metal thing that saved them, and that was it. None where all grateful. Marina sighed, looking into her cup of coffee."Would you like some?"

"We've been through this and that togheter", Desmond said, walking along with Marina, and then shook his head when she offered the coffee, "No thanks", he said, holding his helmet with his right arm. His armor really needed some maitenance, since it had new dents from some blows that he had taken and there were blood stains everywhere because of the range that he had fired his weapon against the infected.
Unknown user

Marina chuckled. "You sound like you are talking about a girlfriend or something 'we have been though this and that together,' " she said, mimking him, chuckling afterwars , followed by a yawn.' So besides some long deserved rest for the both of us, would you like something else?

"It means that 192 saved me from a nasty death more than once", he said, explaining the first statement, then raised an eyebrow at her question, "Well...", Desmond said, trying to come up with something random and unexpected, "We could allways use better equipment", he said, thinking about his squad's equipment, that was now rusting and aging, since they didn't do a proper maitenance on it for months.
Unknown user

Marina nodded, slitting her eyes at him, like she was looking for something deeper. "I would like my communication device back in return for some new weapons." she said, speaking up, holding her hand out absently, expecting him to drop the pink device in her hands, "I hope I didn't embarrass you TO much."

Desmond removed the pink device from his back pocket, "Imagine that", he said, dropping the device on Marina's hand, wondering how awkward it was to have a pink communication device beeping on his back pocket, and for a moment he considered strangling the woman in front of him, "just don't do it again", he said, instead.
Unknown user

Marina merely laughed. "I will try and get a baby blue one next time, just to save some embarrassment. I will be giving one to Ross for him to hold on to permanently. " she stated, and pocketing the small item.

Desmond nodded, waiting to receive the new device. He wasn't sure if Ross would like to be interrupted again in the middle of an operation just so Someone knew 'how he was doing', and probably wouldn't be a 'pretty fine, thank you' kind of answer.
Unknown user

There was a simple awkward silence. "What are you waiting on?" she asked, bringing the cup to her mouth to drink some.

"Nothing, I should go", Desmond replied, putting his helmet back on, "I need to rest", and then walked, away back to his private quarters.
Unknown user

"What ever you say..." Marina said, shrugging it off , and was shortly after wisked away by some scientists to work on project CURE.

There was certainly alot of planning to do, after Desmond and his squad had gotten access to the armory it was like packing a bunch of kids in a room full of candy, they spent hours picking up the right 'tools' for the 'job', and once they even picked out the right ones, there was still many meticulous modifications to be made on them, but he still had no clue of what happened either to Ace or 192.
Unknown user

Ace had been sudated about 4 times every day since she got there, since she HATED being pinned to the bed, being surrouned by Eggheads 24/7, and now she was tagged as 'mentally unstable' and couldn't leave her room without Manacles which pissed her off. She moped about outside, wanting to get the stupid chain and bands off, sulking because she couldn't.

While Ace was basically in purgatory, Desmond and the rest of his squad were almost done with picking up their gear, but they were still in small numbers. He was sitting on a big ammo box, cleaning a brand new M14 EBR, pristine new. He finished polishing the barrel and looked at his commanding officer, Ross, "Sir, we still need more people for this operation, what about that woman we rescued a few weeks ago?", he asked. Ross, who was also 'busy' inserting rounds on an ammo clip, just mumbled a 'talk to the hag about it', without even turning around, and just kept filling more and more ammo clips.
Unknown user

A man walked in, heavily armored, a very heavy bullet proof vest, holding a regular pistol in one hand. "You men almost done in here?" he asked, grumbling something else, looking over the lot. "Cause if you don't hurry up, you are going to miss your rations of meal. We just got new shipments in. Steak is on the menu." he said, smiling, "And if you don't get yer share, I will happily have it." he said, and waved goodbye with the pistol wielding hand, and stepped out.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Vectes (one on one)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus