Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Comfortably Numb (Semi Open, Ask First)

"If they left you, then were they really friends?"
The mind of a fifteen year old is a curious thing.
Captain Robbins (played by HRA) Topic Starter

"I don't know. I guess not, but they did it to survive. Hell, I'd've probably done the same damn thing," Jacob rubbed his eyes. He didn't know what time it was because he never had a watch, or a small enough battery for the watch, anyways. He guessed that it was 12:30 at night. Boy, he was tired.
"Go to sleep," Josh suggested, looking back up at him with those large blue eyes of his. "Tomorrow will be kinder, odds are."

"Thanks. I think I will be able to feel better if I could sleep," Jacob said, and yawned. He turned off his music, and stretched. "Thanks for doing what you did. I really appreciate it,"
He stood up, arched his back in a stretch, and limped back to the ladder. "This should be a joy to get down again... And don't worry about it. I'm a social person, believe it or not. Just shocked, that's all. I should be back to normal in a day or two." At least, that's what he hoped.

"I got a couple of beds here, if you want to sleep here. Getting down in the morning will be much easier." Jacob pulled the covers back on one of the beds, and set his beer bottle down, getting ready to go to sleep.
"Alright, hold on- RANDALL! GET UP HERE!" he yelled off the side of the nest at his twin, who had been wandering around down below and waiting for Josh to come back down.
"Coming," he called back up as he headed to the door, scaling it with relative ease.

"Why do you want Randall to come up? Just curious." Jacob was a little confused, but it didn't matter. Every damn thing was confusing here in The Hell, as he called it.
"I don't want to be separated from him for too long. Last time that happened, well... I got my leg stuck in a bear trap and almost froze to death, so yeah. I'm a little paranoid that if we're not covering each other's backs then something's gonna happen to one of us. And I left him down there with no explanation and didn't want to leave him hanging."

"Seems fair," And Jacob understood completely. He was in a worse situation, but he understood completely. And if the kid wanted help, he would get it. He promised himself that this man would get whatever he needed. "I understand. So, how are you?"
"How am I... In general, or something more specific?" He gave Randall a brief nod before turning back to Jacob.

"In any way. I'm trying to spark up a conversation. Hey Randall." Jacob nodded to Randall before looking to Josh again after getting into the sleeping bag.
Randall nodded back and settled next to Josh, who had snuggled into a sleeping bag and was lost in thought.
"Fine, I suppose," he finally murmured, thinking about it. "Better than this morning. I'm alive, at least, and my brother's alive." His mom wasn't, though... God, why hadn't he realized it before?
He shook his head to clear it, closing his eyes to hide his panic. "It's just moving so fast, I hardly have any chance to keep up..."

"No, you are not. You know what you are doing? You are panicking, but that's okay. I did the same thing. Look, I'm sorry about your mom. Really, I am. Just let it all out. I owe you that much," Jacob did owe him all that much, and more. The kid saved him from jumping.
Josh paused uncertainly a moment, then grabbed a pillow, mashed his face in it, and let out a muffled scream, letting out all the anger and fear and pain he had felt throughout the day. It crossed his mind for a moment just to finish suffocating himself but that wouldn't get anyone anywhere so he just hugged it when he was done, pulling his head away to breathe.
His shoulder twitched as Randall rubbed it. The slightly older of the two was freaking out on the inside as well, but he was a master at hiding his feelings so even Josh couldn't detect it. He was the calm one, the collected one. He kept his brother from flipping out too much.
But he didn't stop Josh this time. He needed to vent or else he was going to drive himself insane.

"That's it, Josh. Let it all out. Let it all out and it will all be over. C'mon. No one is judging. That's it. Feel better now?" Jacob was just clearing up the tears in his eyes when this happened, but he didn't start crying. He owed Josh his life. And he was going to hug him if he needed it.
"Kinda." A good yell was always strangely therapeutic.
He was just so confused- how had he ended up here? How had that plane crashed? How had he survived and everyone else hadn't? How had he killed all those men...?
He took lives and that was something he was never going to get over, he didn't think. How many crying families were there now who had just received word that their sons and brothers and husbands weren't coming home?
It was depressing, to say the very least, and he huddled there with a blank look in his eyes. "Maybe."

"Good. You wanna talk about it? I know it's hard, but talking helps." Jacob knew that look. He'd seen it all too many times before. A person kills a few people, and gets depressed about it. It wasn't new, but he never liked it.
"I dunno... Does it?" he asked, glancing first from Randall and then back to Jacob.
Randall had lain back behind Josh, keeping a hand on his shoulder to let him know he was still there and listening.

"I talked. Hell, I almost spilled my guts. Look at me now," Jacob sniffed a bit, but other than that, he was okay. It was a really depressing, and messed up night that night. Everyone had problems of their own. Jacob put his hand on the kid's shoulder to let him know that he was going to be okay. Nothing would touch those two while he was here.

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Comfortably Numb (Semi Open, Ask First)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus