Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Comfortably Numb (Semi Open, Ask First)

Curiosity (played anonymously)

So... We doing this thing or what?
Captain Robbins (played by HRA) Topic Starter

((Yes, we are! Sorry! I was waiting for the new guys to post. :P. BTW, you're welcome. I'll try to get as much in as I can. :D As for the Spartan thing? I'd say yes to all the amazing addons, IF they were on the Russian side, since I sort of have a sort of over powered enemy battle coming up. :P
Lucy, that sounds really wrong. XD
Jacob is a General. Major General Robbins. :P))

"G'night to you, too," Jacob said, and stared into the ceiling of his little secluded nest. High up in the air, a view of the city, and a gun besides him. Now all he needed was a woman. But seeing as he was short on some thing such as charm, that would be quite hard. But tomorrow they needed to move out, and fast. They had a jeep with a .50 on it, so that would help with their movement.

The mewing grew more dense throughout the night. Not necessarily louder, but more and more cats' cries could be heard throughout the night.

The next morning arrived quickly, and Randall would wake up to a grey cat shoving its face into his own.
Dante (played by LightKayl)

Dante had spent the night checking his armor and guns. He had three 5 shot magazines for his rifle in the hard case on his left calf and three 7 shot magazines for his pistol in the one on the right. He had the pistol secured to his lower back and he would carry the rifle. When Dante finished his preparations he sat on his bunk, squeaking as he set his weight on it, and fell asleep rifle laying across his lap.
(Shut up, jake xD I like cats and they're fun to play with)

Randall grumbled unhappily and tried shoving it away at first, still half asleep. When that didn't work, he opened his eyes crankily to find the cat's face inches from his own.
"WHOA!" he yelped, bolting into a sitting position, startled. "What- where'd all these cats come from?"
Josh was already petting a little ginger tabby that had crawled into his lap, coping to it happily as he fluffed its thick orange pelt and smoothed it out again. "Good little kitty- oh, it was funny to watch that one. It seemed determined to wake you up, I'm actually surprised you didn't wake up sooner."
"Where did all these cats come from," Randall repeated with a deadpan expression, raising an eyebrow at the grey cat.

(You know my name, lucy, so why the heck don't I know yours? XD
Dante, I'm getting to ya! :P)
"What the? Cats? I thought this place was more barren than the moon!" Jacob exclaimed, and shot upright. He could see lots of cats around him, but he picked up the one closest to him. So soft. He liked cats, but it was rather weird as to why they were here. "You okay? I'm not sure where they came up, though. Seems like they just... appeared,"
"So did I," he mumbled, sighing and scratching the back of his head. "I'm really confused."
"Can we keep one?" Josh asked, looking rather pleased with the ginger tabby he held in the crook of his arm like a fluffy basket. "I really like this one."
"How are we gonna keep a cat?" Randall pointed out, popping his brother's balloon somewhat. "We're leaving today anyways."
"Oh... Oh yeah. I forgot about that." He scratched the cat's ears absentmindedly, his face falling again. "Dangit."

"Yeah, we can keep one. Give it to the guy in charge here. He'll watch over them for you. But wait here. I gotta go get Dante, and talk to him for a bit, K?" Jacob said, and hopped down from his nest, gun banging on his back. He walked down the hall, and got to Dante's room, knocking on it. "Dante? You in?"

As soon as Jacob left to talk to Dante, the cats began moving out. One by one they slowly disappears running this way and that, finding places to hide or even leaving the building.

"Rude," a distinctly female voice came from directly behind Randall's head.

"I watched you all night, y'know. You seem awfully grumpy, even when you're asleep. Maybe you should take anger lessons."

The woman behind him had curly red hair, and a tan complexion. Her eyes sparkled a dazzling green, and her face was perfectly round: Nothing was too protruding, but nothing was too thin or bony, either.

The same could be said for the rest of her. She wore a black babydoll t-shirt that read:
"Also, I can kill you with my brain." In plain white text.

Her pants were dark (and I mean DARK) blue skinny jeans. She held what appeared to be the Diamond Sword from the popular video game Minecraft in her right hand.

Her apparent age was somewhere between 17-21. She stood just about a head taller than Randall, around the same height as Jacob.

The woman giggled, cocked her head to the left, puckered out her lower lip, and furrowed her eyebrows. "Does somebody need a hug?"

Obviously something was very wrong with her. And how'd she appear so fast? Where did all the cats go?

Dante awoke to his name being called, jumping off the bed and landing with a thud louder then expected, he swung the door open. He was in his full suit when he opened the door, and when he saw it was Jacob he saluted "Sir!"

"I probably won't need coffee now that you've yelled that loud," Jacob said, saluting back. He wasn't here for formalities. Frankly, when they were not in sight of anyone else, he didn't need to be saluted. But it was still a nice thing to see that some people still respected rank. "At ease. I'm gonna get tired of being saluted. A word to the wise, when we're out there, try not to salute me. It tends to attract fire. But the real reason I'm here is to ask you if you're ready,"

((I'm going to change the number of clips to 5 for the riffle))
Double checking his weaponry he grabbed the knife off of a shelf and put it in the sheath on his left shoulder, "yes sir, I'm ready to go. Unless you would suggest bringing a bag of ammo, I have 30 rounds for my riffle and 28 for the pistol." Oddly, as Jacob noticed, the riffle had no scope.

"Well, depending on how this goes, I'd bring a backpack, and put some extra things in it. 30 and 28 are ideal for small, light missions. And the fact that it's a 12.7mm, and probably 9mm, might make it harder. But what I found, was that a backpack comes in handy quite well, actually," Jacob said, and let his backpack and gun fall to the floor. The gun was a back clip gun, with a shortened barrel, and in gun recoil system, like the field guns did.

On the side of the stock, and rifle itself, were packs containing ammunition. Around five clips, including the one inside the gun, were currently in use. That was around 25 rounds of ammunition, and not counting the rounds on his chest. He opened up his backpack, and inside was an amazing sort of everything. Thompson drum rounds, clips for the four different guns he carried on him, and shotgun shells.

"That, my friend, is how you carry ammo. Very hard, but you'll learn, sometime. I also have two drum clips for my thompson attatched to my sides, pistol clips, and a Siega in a sheath."
Randall raised an eyebrow at the woman, taking a step back to size her up. "What-"
Josh was surprised too, not having seen the woman appear since he was too busy looking for his little ginger kitty, that seemed to have disappeared. How disappointing. But it was replaced by this red headed chick, and boy, was she poking a tiger. "Oh, no, you don't want to hug him. I'm his brother and even I can hardly hug him." Just think how he'd react to a stranger- totally flip out and probably kill a dozen people before he got calmed down sufficiently.

The woman turned towards Josh and giggled again, rolling her eyes.

"I was being sarcastic, silly. What makes you think I'd hug him any more than I hug a prickly cactus?" Another giggle. Her diamond sword somehow glinted, even though it was entirely giant pixels.

It seemed as big as any other average sword, however. And was probably just as deadly. She swung it around and rested it across her shoulder, behind her head.

"So what are we doing? Who's in charge here?" Whatever she thought they were doing, she was obviously very excited to go ahead with it.

"sorry, sir. I'll need a few moments then, I'm used to doing light missions and scouting,try not to shoot in those missions." He set the riffle down against the door and went to start pushing bullets into magazines.

"Don't be sorry. I hate it when people are sorry for what they don't do. Just learn, though, okay? And it's okay if you're not used to this. Hell, I can tell you that I never expected anything of this magnitude at all. Hell, I'm not sure if I expected anything near this," Jacob said, and leaned against the wall.
"JACOB!" Josh shouted out of the nest in the direction he had seen his friend go off in. "WE GOT COMPANY!"
Randall sighed and got all his necessary crap together, sliding down the ladder and waiting for Josh to follow. He didn't know who she was or what she was doing here but she couldn't have gotten in if she wasn't allowed, realistically.
But then, that was realism. Who needed it?

"Company? Motorola, or Sprint?" Jacob asked, and sprinted out the door, towards his nest. He had his Thompson drawn, in case it was an enemy, which he highly doubted, but prepared for none the less.

The girl took a step back, her sword disappearing into thin air and she held her hands up in a "who, me?" Pose.

She said those exact words, too, and then she said, "What's wrong? Oh, well hello there." She smirked at Jacob.

"I believe I've been boy-trapped." Said the strange young woman, bringing back that old stupid phrase from the 1st grade of anyone with a childhood. "You must be the one in charge."

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Comfortably Numb (Semi Open, Ask First)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus