Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Expand Character Kudos time on Community Page

I'm not sure what the timeframe is that characters with Kudos show up on the Community page, but the pool at any given time seems too small. (It's the same few characters that show up over and over again.)

Maybe increase (double or triple) that time window?

(Aside: I'm not sure how to encourage more character kudos to make the pool bigger that way. Even as I'm typing this, I know I'm much more likely to give a player kudos rather than directly to a character unless they are anonymous and I don't know the player.)
The main issue really is how many character kudos there are too draw from. I'll see the same ones in there for weeks on end, and I've seen it a number of times when there's not even enough to fill both slots.

It does seem like it'd be a good idea, since it is used so little, to vastly expand it? I'm not sure how to go about encouraging character kudos specifically. ^^;
Kim Site Admin

In 2.0, the kudos on the community page are actually replaced with active LFRP ads that you haven't yet marked yourself as disinterested in. >.>
Mipps

Seeing more character kudos is always nice as they can be so vastly different under the same player. I haven't noticed a small pool hmm but then i don't go to the community page too often.

Kim wrote:
In 2.0, the kudos on the community page are actually replaced with active LFRP ads that you haven't yet marked yourself as disinterested in. >.>

Are you meaning to say there is a new system to say Interest/not interest/ maybe interest on LFRP ads? Color me curious. that sounds rather cool.
Kim Site Admin

Mipps wrote:
Kim wrote:

Are you meaning to say there is a new system to say Interest/not interest/ maybe interest on LFRP ads? Color me curious. that sounds rather cool.

That's not actually new, you've been able to mark a LFRP ad as disinteresting for some time. :) I'm just expanding the ways we use LFRP ads to get them in front of more people (and making that old system hopefully more intuitive)
Kim Site Admin

Juls Topic Starter

Kim wrote:

Oh, well, I guess it's not relevant then.

Kind of a shame, I like that feature as it brings some great characters to my attention that I might never have stumbled upon before. Plus it gives me the warm and fuzzies when I see one of my own pop up there. But I get that page real estate has to go to the most used features! B)
Rogue-Scribe

Juls wrote:
Kim wrote:

Oh, well, I guess it's not relevant then.

Kind of a shame, I like that feature as it brings some great characters to my attention that I might never have stumbled upon before. Plus it gives me the warm and fuzzies when I see one of my own pop up there. But I get that page real estate has to go to the most used features! B)

Yes, I do kind of miss the cycling Character Kudo showcase on the community page. I find myself going directly to the 'Kudos' selection under the Community tab now. Is there any chance that feature could make a return?

Editing to ask if there could be a way to filter the Kudos between players and characters?
Kim Site Admin

Shadow-Ranger wrote:
Yes, I do kind of miss the cycling Character Kudo showcase on the community page. I find myself going directly to the 'Kudos' selection under the Community tab now. Is there any chance that feature could make a return?

There's always a chance, but it won't be any time soon. Going to give time for people to get used to what we have before knee-jerking back to old stuff. :)
Shadow-Ranger wrote:
Editing to ask if there could be a way to filter the Kudos between players and characters?

There could, but I think you should make this its own topic as it is quite off topic for this one.
Rogue-Scribe

Kim wrote:
Shadow-Ranger wrote:

There's always a chance, but it won't be any time soon. Going to give time for people to get used to what we have before knee-jerking back to old stuff. :)

I agree. You deserve and need a break for sure after this project. :)
it's something I'll have to do without. The community page just seems a bit empty to me on 2.0, but that is just my personal opinion. I tend to find my RPs differently so the LFRP ad-board doesn't really do much for me. I'll just not bother looking at it instead of taking time marking each one ans not interested (I did do that to a few and still saw them come up agaim later). I'm sure others will find this new feature most helpful though.
Kim wrote:
Shadow-Ranger wrote:

There could, but I think you should make this its own topic as it is quite off topic for this one.
Yes, I'll do that. :)

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Expand Character Kudos time on Community Page

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus