Skip to main content

Forums » Help » Anyone else having trouble with the pm system?

Quite often it seems like people don't get my pms. I posted this once before and Kim looked into it. Her words? \"Not only did they get the messages, but they were even read.\" So I just tolerated it for a while and would send messages asking if they got one if I hadn't gotten a reply for a while. Yet it's getting very irritating and I am wondering if anyone else is having this problem?
Sanne Moderator

If you go to Inbox > Sent Messages, and the messages show up in the list, then the other player definitely received it.

There might be numerous reasons as to why they're replying though. They may have forgotten, not read the message yet or they get so many PMs it's hard to keep track!

I'm not sure what else you might be able to do about it though. Nobody has to reply if they don't want to after all.
Katia Topic Starter

Well what happens is, I wait a while, send a message and they often reply back that they didn't get it. I guess they must have overlooked it somehow, but it happens quite a lot.
Kim Site Admin

If they get a lot of PMs, sometimes they may just forget. This happens to me -- if I read a PM late at night, I sometimes don't remember in the morning. >.>

If people are consistently forgetting, or possibly even ignoring your messages, perhaps it's time to look for some people who are more on your wavelength or who have more free time? This doesn't sound like trouble with the PM system, per se, though.
Katia Topic Starter

All right, I just remember you saying to bring it up again if I had more trouble.
I'm bumping this because I've had a problem with this lately at some times. I'd write out a post and send it to the person, but it comes up as blank. I go to sent messages, and it's also blank. I've had to rewrite several posts because of this :/.

Any idea what it could be?
Sanne Moderator

MadRatBird wrote:
I'm bumping this because I've had a problem with this lately at some times. I'd write out a post and send it to the person, but it comes up as blank. I go to sent messages, and it's also blank. I've had to rewrite several posts because of this :/.

Any idea what it could be?

I recall this is an issue that was supposed to be fixed, or at least fixed for most part.

Can you send a bug report to Kim with the links of the sent PMs? (So go to your sentbox, open the PM you sent, then copy the URL) That way she can look into it and not forget about it. :)
Sure can! Thanks for helping me figure out how to do thiiiis. I'ma have to dig for the other blank ones. Those are oooold (I thought it was just a glitch, but I tried posting twice to a person and they sorta just... didn't go to him like how I sent it.) WILL DO 8D
Kim Site Admin

There was an issue with blank PMs whenever a disambiguation had to occur (like if there are two characters named Bob and it asks you which one you mean) that was solved awhile back.

I've not had any really good confirmed sample cases of vanishing PMs without a disambiguation in the middle, but I would love to be sent some more examples.
I only had three cases, but I did send links in the error report! :D. Thanks for wanting to help. I like how this site's on that sorta stuff.

Cheesy as it is, this is the sweetest community. <3.

You are on: Forums » Help » Anyone else having trouble with the pm system?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus