Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Epicly Big Numbers

Heeeeey, so... I have a bit of info from the beta site that isn't actually about the beta, but that I think some folks might be interested to hear/read.

As many folks know, I'm the one who technically runs the Epic Armory, so of course that was one of the first things I started poking at for the beta. For those not yet familiar with it, the Armory is a group that was set up to take advantage of the treasury feature in order to allow users to more easily share items during Epic Week, RPR's birthday celebration that has been involving assorted minigames for years. As anyone who's used it knows, it can be a bit unwieldy, especially if trying to access via a mobile device, mostly due to the sheer number of items the treasury ends up with.

Now, one thing I'll go ahead and say I've already seen from the beta is that using the treasury, including from mobile, is going to be a lot easier. Multiple features are being added that will benefit a number of groups, I think, but the Armory especially.

But the thing that I wanted to share is that one of those features made it a lot easier for me to figure out how many items are in the Armory's treasury (although actually a little harder to determine how many we have of a specific item, but absolutely worth the tradeoff that got us).

When next Epic Week rolls around, we'll be starting the event with more than 2,300 items. That's not counting anything that users might have decided to hang on to for one reason or another. (But it is counting some items that will probably have no use. But still. Holy crap.)
Sanne Moderator

Zelphyr wrote:
When next Epic Week rolls around, we'll be starting the event with more than 2,300 items. That's not counting anything that users might have decided to hang on to for one reason or another. (But it is counting some items that will probably have no use. But still. Holy crap.)

WOAHHH. That is so freaking impressive!! I'm so proud of our community! <3
Kim Site Admin

A. M. A. Z. I. N. G.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Epicly Big Numbers

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus