Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » Chain Comic [Group up!]

Claine Moderator

EDIT:

http://www.rprepository.com/g/improcomic Join the group! Everybody is welcome! Even if you have no interest in participating in the comic, come and watch the story unfold, told by the talented artists of RPR!

Alright this is going to take some explaining. Years and years ago, a RP forum I was a regular member of had a group called 'Impromanga'. This is how it worked:

1) People from around the site submitted characters. These were to be BRAND NEW CHARACTERS only to be used by the comic.

2) Artists could place their name on a list. When their name was next, they were given a set amount of time (I forget how long, but I suspect either 2 weeks or 1 month). In this time, they were to produce as many comic pages as they could. It was said many times that the quality did not matter, they did not even need to be coloured. They only needed to be easily read.

3) At the end of their time, all their comic pages were posted to the site, and the next artist started drawing more.

Aaaah I've been having sooo much nostalgia for this group. If anybody is interested in drawing a chain comic, let me know! If there's some interest, I will make the group here on RPR :D";
If I could draw, I believe this would be fun to do. ^^
This sounds awesome. Seriously awesome. I would love to try it :D
I would totally take part in this :)
When is it going to be? Once school starts I probably won't be able to do much of anything but I can try to make the time now.
Claine Topic Starter Moderator

Tashesto wrote:
If I could draw, I believe this would be fun to do. ^^

Well the great thing about this group is that everybody can enjoy the result :)! Even if you don't participate, I hope you enjoy the comic.
LuciferBrimstone wrote:
When is it going to be? Once school starts I probably won't be able to do much of anything but I can try to make the time now.

This kind of thing is a long term project. If you can't participate right now, you will be able to have your turn later.
Haha, this sounds awesome! While I can't draw, I'd love to read it! :D

Maybe you could even include people that can't draw by letting them submit character ideas?
I could totally get into this idea! XD This is a great idea!
This sounds fun! I'd totally love to do this when I'm done with commissions and have a fulltime job (since I wouldn't be able to accept them after that).

Loki wrote:
Haha, this sounds awesome! While I can't draw, I'd love to read it! :D

Maybe you could even include people that can't draw by letting them submit character ideas?

Anybody can submit characters, however characters must have art so all the artists can use it as reference. I guess at a stretch, an adoptable could be used but I would want to see written permission from the creator before I allowed them to be used.
What if a non artist gave a complete character description for an artist to draw so a character they submitted had art? And do the characters have to be new?

f0x1nth3b0x wrote:
What if a non artist gave a complete character description for an artist to draw so a character they submitted had art? And do the characters have to be new?

I think it's best that the characters are new. Once they're in this chain story, they're pretty much out of your control, and I don't know if it's a good idea to hand over an old character you're attached to.

And yes, if an artist wanted to collaborate with somebody else, that's okay. But, I won't say that's expected of the artists. I don't think it's fair for people to submit characters with the expectation the artists draw them free of charge.
TheLily

This looks really cool. I might participate, but I won't be able to for a long, long time at this point (at least until next summer)

http://www.rprepository.com/g/improcomic

I've gone ahead and put the group up! It's still a little incomplete, but the basics are up!

Yay some people are joining! ... Although I notice you're joining through characters? Is the group not allowing out of character applications?

EDIT: I changed a setting, sorry about that D8!
Sorry not sure if I am clear about it or not so want to verify, is this open for writers or just artists?

Everybody can join and read the comic! However, the comic is created as a chain story. Each artist takes it in any direction they please. This means writers aren't needed.
Alrighty then, you might want to ask a moderator to move it to the Arts and Creativity forum then. :) Just so no one else gets confused, good luck with it!
Claine wrote:
Everybody can join and read the comic! However, the comic is created as a chain story. Each artist takes it in any direction they please. This means writers aren't needed.

Just bumping this topic to let people know that there's about one week left to submit a character. After that, submissions are closed permanently. If there was anybody thinking about making one, time is almost up!

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » Chain Comic [Group up!]

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus