Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Pen Pal Match Up

OOC ONLY.

Do you miss writing letters and sending them across the country or to another country entirely? Or have you never done it and really want that experience of pen to paper, licking stamps, and opening your mail to find a delightful envelopment all for yourself?

Well you've come to the right place.

I miss this too. I used to have bunch of pen pals all over the world and man I miss writing and getting letters, sometimes little stickers, and candies from various places. Talking to people in the most human of ways with our hand writing.

So I've decided to set up a pen pal 'match' sort of thing. Depending on how many people are interested, it'll just be one person matched with one person, but we will see!

If you're interested reply here as such, and with the country you're from and whether you want a pen pal from anywhere or only in the United States and/or Canada. You can also PM me if you aren't comfortable with just everyone knowing what country you're from.

Please also include whether you are under or over 18 for safety sake and if you are an adult and do not want to be paired with someone who is a teenager please also include this, same for if you're a teenager and do not want to be paired with an adult.

I will match people up and PM them with the name and address of their pen pal, no one but your pen pal and myself will know your address. No sneaky stuff will be happening here and I will be entirely unbiased in this situation of picking who gets who. (Though please let me know if there's anyone you have blocked and such that you do not want to be paired with so I do not give someone who should not be communicating with you, your address)

If you are under 18 please ask your parents permission before giving your address.
Female ~ 22 years old ~ Belgium
Preferably an international pen pal, can be worldwide and doesn’t have to be European.

<3
Why not.
Female - 28 - northeast usa

I used to talk about writing left handed letters with a friend so that I could use that hand instead of my right when carpal tunnel eventually claimed it

I also yearn to work on my crappy handwriting but not going to school or anything I have little opportunity to do so...
Dorothy Parsons (played by Juls)

Could we do it in character? <.<

I'm sure this is a long shot, but Dorothy here could use a pen pal more I could. (And I think I'd be more motivated to actually do it more than once.) A fun new way to RP! Exact starting year negotiable, but somewhere in the range of 1863-1870.

I'm in the USA. Female, Over 29 (it stops counting there, right?). Open to pen pal from anywhere that likes this idea.
MercyInReach Topic Starter

Dorothy Parsons wrote:
Could we do it in character? <.<

I'm sure this is a long shot, but Dorothy here could use a pen pal more I could. (And I think I'd be more motivated to actually do it more than once.) A fun new way to RP! Exact starting year negotiable, but somewhere in the range of 1863-1870.

I'm in the USA. Female, Over 29 (it stops counting there, right?). Open to pen pal from anywhere that likes this idea.

Unfortunately no. It's an interesting idea, however if you'd like to start an in character pen pal match up, you'll need to start your own thread for it.
MercyInReach wrote:
If you are under 18 please ask your parents permission before giving your address.

This sounds like a really cool idea. The mod team just wanted to reassert that minors need to make sure they get parental permission first. RPR values keeping our community as safe as possible. When joining in on this opportunity, you must be honest about age and acquiring permission!
I'm certainly up for this ^^

Recently turned 22, so above the 18 mark and I'm from the rainy land of England (UK)
Don't mind who I'm writing to or where they are in the world.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Pen Pal Match Up

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus