Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » The sad news about my inbox

I sadly do not think this issue will be getting resolved anytime soon. I suspect it to be part of the update and a temporary ban I received just not getting along together. I hope it gets solved soon and if not I'll try making a new account.
KatrinaPride wrote:
I sadly do not think this issue will be getting resolved anytime soon. I suspect it to be part of the update and a temporary ban I received just not getting along together. I hope it gets solved soon and if not I'll try making a new account.

Hey Katrina!

I know it can feel personal (what with the ban and everything), but Kim has over 200 bug reports, and unfortunately the timing of this ordeal sucks because it is the holidays and everyone deserves a break. However, that being said, don't feel as though this is an attack on you. Libertine said only just over a day ago that Kim is on it and she is aware. Don't give up, keep your head up, and be patient. I know it's not an easy thing to do at times, but I believe in you. It will work out. That being said though, please don't go making another account. It is actually against the rules, and as aforementioned, Kim is aware and working on it. Things take time. It will be okay in the end. <3
Sanne Moderator

I want to reassure you that Kim is definitely looking into this! After spending several months working full-time and then some on upgrading the site, then tackling dozens of bug reports since launch, she's extremely tired and in desperate need of a break.

It really sucks that your inbox is so utterly broken, I can only imagine how frustrating it must be to be so locked out of that kind of communication! I know for a fact this is very important to Kim to fix, but she has to tend to her own health first and take some time off for the holidays to recover. It of course sucks that you won't see a resolution in the next few days, but I hope you can be patient and understanding of Kim's needs and give her some time to come tackle this issue refreshed and recharged. :)

Please remember that creating a second account goes against our site rules. Experiencing a bug like this is not a valid reason to break our rules, but if you really can't wait until Kim has had time to rest, you can close your current account before creating a new one. Remember that your username will be unavailable for 6 months after closing your account, so you will have to choose a different username. If you don't want to close your current account, your only option is to wait for her to resolve the situation with you.
KatrinaPride Topic Starter

I know it's not an attack, it's just to let people know that I won't be getting into my inbox anytime soon. I never meant this as a call out, just an update. Also I know the rules, there is no need to point out to me that it's against the rules to create a second account without closing the current one, but I suppose next time I'll clarify that I might close this account to make another.
https://www.rprepository.com/inbox

Are you able to just use a basic link to the inbox?

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » The sad news about my inbox

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus