Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Favorite time of day?

What's your favorite time of day and why? Possible answers include morning, afternoon, midnight, etc.

Me: Morning.

Even though I'm a night owl and almost never awake early in the morning (except for work, in which case I'm either in the car or inside a building), morning is my favorite time of day because it's usually cool, the whole day is ahead full of possibilities and connections with people, it's light outside (I am a fan of light), and it also has enough solitude to not be overwhelming. Specifically, I would say, sunrise is my favorite time (when I'm awake for it). Night, on the other hand, is a bit gloomy-seeming to me.

Okay, that should stir some controversy from the nightwalkers among us. And... go! :p
LakotaSiouxWarrior

130am last call. Wipe down the bar clean the tables tell everyone see you tomorrow.
Abigail_Austin Topic Starter

LakotaSiouxWarrior wrote:
130am last call. Wipe down the bar clean the tables tell everyone see you tomorrow.

Haha. Yep. Makes sense!
My favorite time of day is right around sunset. I'm such a naturally nocturnal person, I'm not too fond of the sunlight/daylight...Sooooo, sunset means I get some bits of sunlight before it goes away. My brain usually starts working more clearly closer to sunset anyway. And it's strange because it shifts with the seasons too. So if the sunset is in the 7pm hour during the summers, but more in the 5pm in the winter, that's when my brain's better at thinking and writing. I have a hard, hard, hard time focusing when it's daylight too.
Abigail_Austin Topic Starter

Somnom wrote:
My favorite time of day is right around sunset. I'm such a naturally nocturnal person, I'm not too fond of the sunlight/daylight...Sooooo, sunset means I get some bits of sunlight before it goes away. My brain usually starts working more clearly closer to sunset anyway. And it's strange because it shifts with the seasons too. So if the sunset is in the 7pm hour during the summers, but more in the 5pm in the winter, that's when my brain's better at thinking and writing. I have a hard, hard, hard time focusing when it's daylight too.

👍

Even though I'm not fond of nighttime, I can relate to this. My brain also automatically starts working better at nighttime, and all this motivation to do a bazillion things often, suddenly appears out of nowhere.
I’m definitely an afternoon person. Classes are out, I’ve completed my work assignments, and I’m free to do what I want. The light is warm, but not blaring, since the sun’s moved from her peak. There’s also a certain afternoon smell. I know that sounds weird, but it’s this sort of deep, earthy smell. Think rain mixed with something else - I know I’ve smelled that addition, but it escapes me as to where and what it is. It changes with the seasons, too. In winter, it’s heavier, in spring it’s much lighter...summer it seems to fade into just the ghost of a scent, and then in fall it returns full force. I just love it. Sitting outside in a gazebo to write? Yes, please!
After getting a regular 9-5 job, late afternoons have been my favorite thing, especially in the winter. We don't have much daylight in the winter, so curling up under a blanket with a nice cup of tea and a book is just the best. Especially after day of work!

When I worked in aviation, the best time of day was definitely those super early summer mornings (between 4-6 am), all wrapped up in a woolen shawl, watching the plane push back. This would usually be accompanied by a lovely sunrise and a cup of tea, the latter being provided by the nice crew on the airline.

Maybe my favorite time of the day just has to involve tea?

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Favorite time of day?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus