Skip to main content

Forums » Forum Games » Tell A story/Stories from a failed role-play

sarah18394729

As the titles says perfectly please tell a story/stories and keep it up until you don't have anymore to tell

(so far i don't have a failed RP)
Deumeawyn

What qualifies as a 'failed rp'? One that never got going? One that got going but then ghosting happened? One that had serious OOC drama?

I guess the only 'failed' RP I've had was early on when my half-elf mary-sue made all the RP mistakes one could. I didn't get very far in the group rp, but I learned a lot!

I could say an RP where my writing partner's wife started stalking me across the internet because of my in-character relationship with his character. He ended up ghosting me but wrote me an email nearly a year later about it. The RP itself was good though so it really wouldn't qualify as 'failed'. I don't think.
sarah18394729 Topic Starter

Deumeawyn wrote:
What qualifies as a 'failed rp'? One that never got going? One that got going but then ghosting happened? One that had serious OOC drama?

I guess the only 'failed' RP I've had was early on when my half-elf mary-sue made all the RP mistakes one could. I didn't get very far in the group rp, but I learned a lot!

I could say an RP where my writing partner's wife started stalking me across the internet because of my in-character relationship with his character. He ended up ghosting me but wrote me an email nearly a year later about it. The RP itself was good though so it really wouldn't qualift as 'failed'. I don't think.

It doesn't matter actually it could be lots of things from what you said to them never replying or just blocking you after a role-play gone wrong .
Oh man, I got a good one.

Cid Myers: Don't you dare!

So when I first made Cid.

Cid: Don't you do it! I'm warning you!

I had my first Rp with this guy and he tried to pick up this girl...during the date It got awkward super fast since well Cid at the time wasn't use to talking to cute girls. Luckily the player was understanding and we ended it in the best way we could..

Cid: -looks down sadly- She said she was late for a hair shampoo...The lamest of lame rejections ever! I only got 5 minutes of a wonderful date and my idiot creator had to goof it up!

I didn't goof it up Cid..you did...We were not ready but you had to go and ask! you just had to....

Cid: -sniffles looking down- Is it too hard to ask for just a simple date. I have problems, yes but I can be a sweet guy if provoked right!

-sighs- So that's one of my stories of a failed roleplay. I got more but I figured I'd share this one.

Lanx12 wrote:
Oh man, I got a good one.

Cid Myers: Don't you dare!

So when I first made Cid.

Cid: Don't you do it! I'm warning you!

I had my first Rp with this guy and he tried to pick up this girl...during the date It got awkward super fast since well Cid at the time wasn't use to talking to cute girls. Luckily the player was understanding and we ended it in the best way we could..

Cid: -looks down sadly- She said she was late for a hair shampoo...The lamest of lame rejections ever! I only got 5 minutes of a wonderful date and my idiot creator had to goof it up!

I didn't goof it up Cid..you did...We were not ready but you had to go and ask! you just had to....

Cid: -sniffles looking down- Is it too hard to ask for just a simple date. I have problems, yes but I can be a sweet guy if provoked right!

-sighs- So that's one of my stories of a failed roleplay. I got more but I figured I'd share this one.

Ohhhhhh man Lanx12 and Cid that must have been a failure for the both of you!!!!
Over the years, I've made a lot of "just jump in!" group RPs. Which, sometimes you find some amazing players. And sometimes it all goes to chaos very quickly. (Usually both!) Most of these crashed and burned.

But one was just ... such chaos that I couldn't even let it die a natural death. I was gone for just a few hours and came back to find that two players had posted like 20 times and taken the story off the deep end, one even narrating how they killed several of the other PCs in the process. Probably the most extreme case of godmodding I've ever seen.

So I godmodded right back and broke out the good ol' GM stand by:

Rock falls. Everybody dies.

The End

Juls wrote:
Over the years, I've made a lot of "just jump in!" group RPs. Which, sometimes you find some amazing players. And sometimes it all goes to chaos very quickly. (Usually both!) Most of these crashed and burned.

But one was just ... such chaos that I couldn't even let it die a natural death. I was gone for just a few hours and came back to find that two players had posted like 20 times and taken the story off the deep end, one even narrating how they killed several of the other PCs in the process. Probably the most extreme case of godmodding I've ever seen.

So I godmodded right back and broke out the good ol' GM stand by:

Rock falls. Everybody dies.

The End

OMG!!! I actually cannot believe that happened!!!
Well Since Juls got me laughing over that here's another story.

When I first started on here I had been out of the rp game for about year or so.

So I was new to writing and had to find all my groove again and all. I meet some good friends who helped me but then I had a few amazing stories I mean really amazing stories I thought and well the players would just stop they wouldn't reply or anything just dropped me like that. It hurt a bit and honestly I'm guilty of it to sometimes but most of the time its because I'm stumped trying to figure out how to get the story going.

It could be days or weeks until finally, I have an idea hit to keep the story going but sometimes I forget to let the player know that I've got writer's block on our current rp.

Yet there was one. One amazing Rp I had with my Character Raz Ahmud I mean truly amazing and the player just vanished no reason nothing I thought this was going to be one of those once in a life time roleplays and it ended...Without ever finishing it. </3

oh so cool!!!! does anyone have anymore stories??
Deumeawyn

Ok, I get it now! :)

I was in agroup RP of Middle Earth and I wrote my 2nd ever character, a dark elf woman who liked manipulating men. She was playing as a serving wench at a tavern and two of the guys tried to pick up on her. They ended up fighting and like Juls said, thirty posts each later they killed off each other and got into a fight OOC about who was godmodding who. I pointed out they were both godmodding my character all through their exchange and I left the RP. That was definitely a failure.

OMG from all theses stories i am getting a big laugh out of them!!!
iolhantheX

Lanx12 wrote:
Well Since Juls got me laughing over that here's another story.

When I first started on here I had been out of the rp game for about year or so.

So I was new to writing and had to find all my groove again and all. I meet some good friends who helped me but then I had a few amazing stories I mean really amazing stories I thought and well the players would just stop they wouldn't reply or anything just dropped me like that. It hurt a bit and honestly I'm guilty of it to sometimes but most of the time its because I'm stumped trying to figure out how to get the story going.

It could be days or weeks until finally, I have an idea hit to keep the story going but sometimes I forget to let the player know that I've got writer's block on our current rp.

Yet there was one. One amazing Rp I had with my Character Raz Ahmud I mean truly amazing and the player just vanished no reason nothing I thought this was going to be one of those once in a life time roleplays and it ended...Without ever finishing it. </3

Well hello old friend... I certainly hope you haven't believed I've ghosted you (oof, Lanx and I had a great rp going, but then my writing skills just died one day in my brains)

I don't really have any super entertaining stories, most of them are myself losing interest in an rp when it started going nowhere story-wise (not to the lack of effort on my end) or getting ghosted/not being told why an rp was ended but offered a new one?

Needless to say, I've had quite a few that I thought were awesome, including a couple groups, but got ghosted by one or more people (in the case of the group).

The funniest ones, however, are probably the few odd, people, who assumed my gender (I don't identify as any gender online, lol) and based off of their hilarious assumptions, they pursued one or more of my characters in an extremely romantic/sexual manner, which I wasn't comfortable with, and apparently, they'd become so invested in myself and the characters, even though we hadn't started an rp...

They became very offended and "heartbroken" when I politely refused their advances. One particular person, even said something to the effect of:

"I thought you were such a nice guy! And that you'd give me a chance! I can't believe you're such a $#&@@$&@$"

LOL
(I wasn't offended by these, just incredibly amused, as I don't mind whatever someone chooses to refer to me as, on my profile I tell ppl to call me whatever).
I don't think any of those people are still here or active or RPR, so I figured that these stories were safe enough to tell haha.
PinkBrat

So I used to be very active on another site. I had a character that was very popular. This site had chat rooms so I was always roleplaying in everyone's room. That's how she got well known.

Anyway, she met this person they became good friends, sort of. He crushed on her but he was also.. I dunno. Abusive I guess. Like he'd mentally torture her any chance he got. It was fine at first because I love drama and character development and this was good. Well other people didnt like it so they'd step in to protect her. The writer is someone who likes to be top dog at all times. So he started godmoding and everything else. First his character was human, then he was apart demon. At the end of it his character was like human, demon, demi god, vampire lord, kitsune mix. He made him insanely overpowered so he can continue to torture my character. It caused so many problems he stopped roleplaying in my discord server and I pretty much dont have anything to do with him anymore 😂 It sucks because I really enjoyed it all until he started going too far and wouldnt stop.
Watching all these fun stories remembering that I'm a very formal roleplayer and all my 'failed rps' end in unholy badness so i have nothing to contribute

[image description - Ben Affleck, a white man with brown hair in a green shirt, sits against a black background. He looks sad and distant as he thinks about something. End description.]
_d4bf9c9a-f32c-11e5-8497-551663313045.PNG

You are on: Forums » Forum Games » Tell A story/Stories from a failed role-play

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus