Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » An Idea For In-Character Introductions?

So I posted my introduction a few minutes ago, and I noticed that I couldn't find a forum for introducing your characters. To be honest, I don't think it makes much sense for such a big roleplay site like this. Perhaps a forum for in-character introductions could be built? What do you think?
ThatOneMysterian wrote:
So I posted my introduction a few minutes ago, and I noticed that I couldn't find a forum for introducing your characters. To be honest, I don't think it makes much sense for such a big roleplay site like this. Perhaps a forum for in-character introductions could be built? What do you think?

I think in character introductions are generally dependent on the rp the character in question is involved in? When you post rp seeking threads, you can post a character introduction there so people can get a feel for the character you're looking to rp at that moment, and then people can respond to you, or when you're replying to a public rp for the first time, your introductory post is, in itself, the showcase of your character ICly to the universe of the rp and the other characters.

I'm not sure if an entire sub board for IC intros would make sense, though, as that might get kind of confusing for people from an OOC perspective with so many different genres mixing together in one giant IC thread, it might become hard to keep track of things. But that might just be me, personally.
ThatOneMysterian Topic Starter

Jenn wrote:
ThatOneMysterian wrote:

I think in character introductions are generally dependent on the rp the character in question is involved in? When you post rp seeking threads, you can post a character introduction there so people can get a feel for the character you're looking to rp at that moment, and then people can respond to you, or when you're replying to a public rp for the first time, your introductory post is, in itself, the showcase of your character ICly to the universe of the rp and the other characters.

I'm not sure if an entire sub board for IC intros would make sense, though, as that might get kind of confusing for people from an OOC perspective with so many different genres mixing together in one giant IC thread, it might become hard to keep track of things. But that might just be me, personally.

I just like putting my ideas out there. I don't expect them to be liked or agreed with, I just let it all out.
LakotaSiouxWarrior

One good way to introduce your characters are the forum games forums. Where you can compliment them and steal them. And do various things with them.
Rogue-Scribe

ThatOneMysterian's Idea
ThatOneMysterian wrote:

You can mark your characters as 'featured' in their catagories which displays them on your profile. Also, one can add their characters and descriptions and such to their player profile as well (I considered doing this with a link and a brief description).

Some introduce their characters in this thread which is quite fun, and there is Character Showcase where one can highlight other people's characters.

There is also the Community Character Listing where one can browse pages of characters. It's always good for characters to have a tagline as they will show on this page. It may pique interest in those browsing to open the profile page.

Most characters have the guestbook widget where one can post in-character to other characters. Some have also introduced their characters and ask for revews and such in the 'RP Discussion' forum. I guess the best way is to have an RP outline for the character and introduce them in the LFRP forum with the RP idea for them.
We don't have an official board solely for IC intros here, but we do have an LFRP (Looking for RP) forum where you can post a roleplay ad for a specific character which can totally double as an OC introduction, and like Shadow-Ranger has helpfully shared links to, there are multiple ways you can introduce your new child all over the site. :D

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » An Idea For In-Character Introductions?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus