Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Heaven's Gate (Looking for Science Fanta (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

In a distant, uncertain future, Earth - the Human cradle of civilization - stands as little more than a footnote of ancient history, and fate no longer bends it's strings to the will of Mankind. The vestige of a once wide spanning federation begin the expedition to dwarf all other milestones. From once their ancestors claimed riches from undiscovered lands in a time of swords and bows - to the colonization of the worlds neighbouring Earth in a synthetic, artificial age. Now those epoches are irrelevant compared to the new march of a nation that once belonged to a fragmented, forgotten people somewhere within the cosmos. The technology of interdimensional travel has been uncovered -- the emergence of deliberate rifts that lead into uncharted realms of matter.

The last frontier of mystery that shadows Humanity from their makers lies upon a thread. Project 'Heaven's Gate' has been founded to finally enter the void to either meet 'God,' or ascend to the level of a collective deity, finally free from the mortal shackles holding it to heel for millenia...

...But does this now paramount nation truly understand the consequences of their curiosity? Is there something else that lies beyond the dimensional plane?

In this bleak setting, our characters are by chance bound. Whether they be members of this project, merely onlookers, or those that have come to put a halt in a rush prevent the undoing of our dimension. There is no set date in the timeline of this setting. It may take place long after Earth has become simply a barren rock, or a few centuries after Mankind has discovered faster-than-light travel. The characters of those who are interested will also shape the beginning of the setting. All the best.
Magic 50%
Magic is rare, but not unheard of. Mundane characters may or may not believe in it. Magical characters may form small and exclusive pockets for study, protection, etc.
Technology 100%
Far future, perhaps galactic teleporters and fast terraforming
Combat 60%
Combat is woven into the storyline and could come to the forefront if the characters seek it out.
Romance 20%
Romance isn't outright desired, but can happen if we decide the characters are perfect for each other. The romance won't be important to the overall plot.

Details: Freeform, adjustable length posts, Will be played with a small group of players.

KingofHaddock Topic Starter

Bumping this up in case anyone is interested.
Theresa (played anonymously)

I am.
MangoNekros

So, we got some DOOM-esque stuff in here. Count me in
I'll like to join this as well.
I am interested as well
I am interested as well
Are they going to hitch a ride on the Hale Bopp comet?

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Heaven's Gate (Looking for Science Fanta (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus