Skip to main content

Forums » Forum Games » Describe your fav book without saying the name

Thought it would be cool to do a game where people describe their favorite book without saying the name, and other people can guess, then describe their favorite book.

My favorite:

Rabbits who have to cross a large distance, meet a strange bird, and have bloody battles.
If that's not Watership Down, I'll eat my headphones.

I don't really have a favourite book, but... well I guess I could pick one of my favourite childhood series...

Might be somewhat obscure though, idk...

From the first book in the series:

A princess runs away to go live with dragons, gets into a fight with evil wizards and helps crown a new dragon king. Oh, and wizards melt in soap water because... reasons.

Siolia wrote:
Dealing with dragons!!

Guessed correctly!

I know I'm not the OP, but may I suggest that anyone whose description has been successfully guessed could label as such on their original post? That way, it's easier to look back and see which haven't been guessed yet and prevents some people's posts from being missed out due people deciding to skip through to the last post when reading the thread.
Hmm.... Harry Potter or Wizard of Oz..? I'm not sure... I don't really read any magical-based books lol.

Well, my favorite book has more than one book in it's series so I'm just going to do the first book:
A girl who falls in love with a boy who threw burnt bread at her when she was starving.
Zapsalis wrote:
Hmm.... Harry Potter or Wizard of Oz..? I'm not sure... I don't really read any magical-based books lol.

Nope. Dunno what yours is either though...
Siolia

Riik wrote:
If that's not Watership Down, I'll eat my headphones.

I don't really have a favourite book, but... well I guess I could pick one of my favourite childhood series...

Might be somewhat obscure though, idk...

From the first book in the series:

A princess runs away to go live with dragons, gets into a fight with evil wizards and helps crown a new dragon king. Oh, and wizards melt in soap water because... reasons.

Dealing with dragons!!

A book from my childhood though...

A cowardly princess has to pull up her big girl pants and travel across her kingdom to find a cure for her sister's illness.

Along the way there are dragons, fairies, and maybe romances with wizards...and she even gets to meet a hero of legend!
Oh I've heard of Dealing with Dragons but I've never read it...

Can anyone guess mine? XD
Zapsalis wrote:

Well, my favorite book has more than one book in it's series so I'm just going to do the first book:
A girl who falls in love with a boy who threw burnt bread at her when she was starving.

Yours is definitely The Hunger Games! I love that series!

Mine is also a series but this is a description of the first book:
A girl realizes she's different and her mother had been hiding the truth from her. She also falls in love with someone who turns out to be her brother. Her best friend is also in love with her.
Rachel2876 wrote:
A girl realizes she's different and her mother had been hiding the truth from her. She also falls in love with someone who turns out to be her brother. Her best friend is also in love with her.

This is probably wrong, but if taken from Leia's perspective, that could totally be Star Wars... (If by mother, 'adoptive mother' works... though idk if you could count Han as Leia's best friend x3)

Also, here's another...

An admiral rises to power in a diminished empire, a pregnant politician and her husband get attacked by assassins and a war hero gets stranded in the wilderness where he has to work together with the woman who wants to kill him.
Riik wrote:
Rachel2876 wrote:

This is probably wrong, but if taken from Leia's perspective, that could totally be Star Wars... (If by mother, 'adoptive mother' works... though idk if you could count Han as Leia's best friend x3)

Yeah, that's not it. But good guess.
Rachel2876 wrote:
Zapsalis wrote:

Yours is definitely The Hunger Games! I love that series!

Yep, you're right! XD

You are on: Forums » Forum Games » Describe your fav book without saying the name

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus