Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Land of Draconia

Tobias Clark (played by Tugboattom)

At the sound of glass shattering Tobias's head whipped around,"What was that!" He exclaimed. Tobias rushed towards the sound until he found the house with a broken window. "Hmm..." He started as he investigated from the ground. " Well, the glass went inwards which means that someone from outside broke the window. He grabbed at the smooth masonry as he began trying to climb and slipped doen. He glared at the wall in frustration.

Tobias walked around front and knocked on the door. When an elderly gentlemen with wide eyes opened the doors Tobias explained before the human could say anything," It wasn't me I'm trying to figure out who it was." The homeowner looked at Tobias for a moment before morning to let him pass. Tobias bowed his head in gratefullness. He walked up the stairs and found the window, bending dow
to find an arrow on the ground covered in glass. He tapped the arrow tip against his thigh as he thought.

He walked down the stairs and explained his theory to the elderly person. Then he tapped Sikher on the arm. " I think I've found our culprit."
Sikher (played by ZaHee) Topic Starter

Sikher was originally going to report Cyrene for being a peeping tom - now he was going to make her a wanted suspect for vandalism. "Tobias," he began, "I'm going to go to Bymarra's house to report Cyrene for vandalism. I need you to stay here, so for your own safety I'm going to give you your teleporting magic back." Sikher's eyes briefly flashed red (dragons didn't need to chant or wave their arms to perform magic), and Tobias' teleporting magic returned. Sikher exited the building and ran to Bymarra's house so that he could hopefully report Cyrene and get her turned in before she destroyed anything else. Personal property was highly valued in Nackryn!

After about 5 minutes, Sikher reached Bymarra's house and let himself in with his spare key Bymarra had given him. Thankfully, Bymarra was still up. "Hey Sikher, what you need?" he asked. Sikher explained everything about Cyrene, their creepy encounter earlier, and how she broke a window. Because glass was hard to get in Draconia as a whole, people freaked out whenever their windows were shattered. As soon as Sikher finished, however, Tobias teleported in, saying something about seeing Cyrene, but he stopped talking as he wasn't facing not one half-dragon, but two! Bymarra was a half-dragon as well - a black one! "Oh yeah, the elf there's a witness to what happened," Sikher said. "He's new here, so that's why he's surprised to see us."

After Bymarra and Tobias exchanged introductions with one another, Bymarra agreed to have a bounty placed onto Cyrene that would be paid for by the city. The bounty would be 500 gold pieces, and she would have to be turned in alive. Since Sikher was already at Bymarra's house, and the two were friends, Bymarra let Sikher stay the night. They agreed to announce the bounty the next day at the marketplace. Tobias teleported back to the inn, but before he did, Bymarra told him to come back the next day to be a witness for Cyrene's crime.

Tobias bowed his head in thanks as he exited. He walked into the inn and payed his fee. He opened the door to his room and sat criss cross on the floor thinking over his actions. He had messed up royally. He bowed his head in meditation about his diety, The God of light.

He hoped that the half dragons would forgive him. He had done a lot that he wasn't proud of. He was gonna go up to then and be as honest as possible to then in the morning.

His God would guide his words and help him to know what to say and when. His God would also help him to know what to do next so as to be as helpful to others as possible. Most elves didn't hold religion to be as important as he did, and he found that if he put his faith in Lathfalas, he could accomplish more than normal.

Unaware to Tobias he was slowly beginning to grow brighter and brighter the longer he meditated.
"A bounty! Can you believe that?"

Cyrene flopped into a chair, sitting across from the elderly woman, Amelia Wilson. The elder simply nodded, her hazel eyes drifting over the archer before her. "I mean, I didn't do anything too big, did I?" Cyrene cocked a brow. "They act like they've never dealt with a rouge before, Gran. Ha! They can't handle a bit of teasing and a broken window, can they?" Her accent smothered most of her words, but they seemed to get through to the elderly woman who went by Gran. Amelia Wilson had no children of her own, but she allowed the nickname to stay nonetheless.

"You," Amelia begun, lifting a finger to point at the archer, "did commit crimes, no? You hunt in the wrong side of the forest, you sneak around the dragon's home, you break the window, and you continue to sneak around while they are at the station? Rene, that's bounty worthy."

Cyrene scrunched her nose, rising to her feet. "I told you. I was curious. It's not everyday that you see a half-dragon, and it's not everyday they have this-!" She made a gesture to the sac of meat sitting on the counter in the small version of a kitchen. "So, he has money, doesn't he? What's so bad about wanting to know a little more about someone?"

Amelia stood as well, her locks of silvery hair falling behind her as she stepped forward. The elder smiled and patted the archer's hand. "Apologize, and this whole thing will blow over. You don't want to change your name again, do you? And the children surely can't run away like you can, no?" Gran was shorter than Cyrene by two feet, so the redhead had to double over to hear what was being said. "Besides, no one can be that unforgiving."

Cyrene was, in fact, that unforgiving.

As the elderly woman sauntered into the kitchen, the archer made her way out the front door. Clearly, Amelia had a point, but so did she. Pulling her hood over her face, she began to walk through the streets with her head down. Perhaps it wouldn't be so suspicious if they day wasn't fading into nightfall. Cyrene wasn't quite sure where everyone was located, so she trudged through the not-so-enchanted forest and wandered to Sikher's home. "Apologize," She muttered through gritted teeth. "And everything will be fine." Her voice rose. "Well, it's not that simple, Gran! I wish it was, but it's not!" On her way of walking, she kicked a nearby tree.

The archer reached the half-dragon's home after getting lost for an hour or so, and then it became clear that no one happened to be here. Delightful. Deciding that someone might not come back, she made her way to the town yet again, scaling the side of an inn in order to gain access to the roof, where she would prop herself until morning.

Tobias's eyes flicked open from his meditation when he heard something outside his window moving. he opened the window and looked down. Seeing nothing he turned his vision and looked up. He didn't see anything there either but his curiosity was too great and he vanished only to reappear on the roof a few feet above his head. He was surprised to see Cyrene." Hey!What the heck are you doing up here! Don't you know there's a bounty on your head" He hissed at her. " I know that it's ridiculous for you to have a bounty for a practical joke and some snooping, but they don't!" He said pointing in the general direction of the jailhouse.

The next day, when Sikher and Bymarra were about to walk over to the market to declare the bounty, Bymarra stopped Sikher and said, "Do you really think that we should place a bounty on someone just because they broke a window and snooped on you?" Sikher replied, "I was beginning to wonder that too. But, you know how Ethaken would react if he found out that someone broke a window in his precious town."
Sikher was referring to the mayor - well, more like authoritarian - of Nackryn. Ethaken is an adult green dragon, and while he usually let the town do its own thing, whenever something as valuable as glass was destroyed, he would freak out. "All of our glass comes from the desert empire, and you know how much their prices are. And we aren't even going to jail Cyrene - we'll just have her pay for the glass as well as a fine and the price of the bounty." "Alright," Bymarra agreed, and the two of them began to travel to the market.

Sikher and Bymarra declared the bounty on Cyrene, and they gave her description. It was on now - a quarter of Nackryn was aware that Cyrene was wanted and turning her in alive would get them 500 gold pieces, which was a lot for the small town of Nackryn!

Tobias walked over to Sikher and asked " Is this really necessary? I mean, what has she done? A little vandalism and peeking on someonr. Are you really gonna tell me that you be never peaked through someone's window? And she was obviously just having a little fun with the window. Come on I'm sure that it can't be worth that much. For 50 gold pieces I would turn myself in!"
Cyrene smiled, replying calmly. "The roof gives a good view of the main spots in town, and, if I see that scaled dimwit, I'll apologize." She rose to her feet, placing one hand on her hip as she looked at the elf with a small smirk and a snicker. "I'm not bothering you, am I? I'll leave, but I won't go very far. Besides, I'm slightly surprised to see you. Again. 500 is an awful lot, isn't it? Why don't you think about it? I'll be sleeping in the farmhouse not too far from here." She winked, waved, and lowered herself off of the roof. The rouge disappeared, leaving the small conversation in the back of her mind. It was the least of her worries, until the sun rose again.
The wanted one was among them, the people who gathered in the market. She had woken herself early that morning and made her way to the jailhouse, clearing past it rather quickly and pacing towards the marketplace. Cyrene stood in the back to draw no attention to her scrawny figure and ginger hair. She had seen Amelia there, as well, watching with her wide eyes. Though, the archer had no idea of what the elderly could have possibly been thinking, for she was terrible at reading people who showed no emotion. The bounty was announced, and the people stirred. She told herself to keep her head down. To not gather someone's curiosity from her quietness. The woman slipped out of the way of the people, burying herself into the darkness of the area between to immense buildings.

Very clearly, there was something she had to do. Apologizing seemed like the hardest option at the moment. She couldn't approach the half-dragon, nor anyone else, without possibly being caught and turned in. She didn't want someone to feel the glory over that simple accomplishment. Cyrene scoffed, but she quickly got an idea. She flipped open the latch to her satchel, retrieved a quill and parchment paper, and began scribbling a handful of words on it.

Dear whomever might be reading,
I apologise if there
was were any folesh foolish acsions actions I might've caused, but they all had there their difrent different reasons, foolish or not.
I would also like to descuss discuss this 'bounty' that has ben been placed. Is it nescassary needed? Can you deel with a bruken broken window and slight curiousity curiosity, or must need you set terms with a reeward? My damands demands are that it be reemoved, and that is that.
If you'd like to speek speak any futhur further, I suggesst reemoving this 'bounty' so I have the chance to show my face yet again. Or, if needed, som cercumstences circumstances and a time and place can be set.
~Cyrene

The archer yawned, tucking the quill behind her ear as she rolled the paper. Surely, she could stroll down the street and reveal herself when there was excitement over a search for her. She wasn't that ridiculous. After daring to climb a couple of buildings, the woman had reached the roof of a place located across from the jailhouse, where she guessed the two half-dragons would return to, hopefully. She crouched, gripping the rolled paper as she watched a few people pass. She couldn't just walk over to the building so far from where she now stood. A sigh escaped her lips. The archer looked around in the tight alleyway, picking up a scrap of metal and a stick. Attaching the two with a thick rope she found inside of a dumpster, she drew her bow and pulled back the string. It was good enough. The scrap of metal poked a small hole in the top of the paper, making it stick as if it were a nail of some sorts. Releasing the string, Cyrene watched as the handmade arrow and note flew towards the northern direction, but she was gone by the time it struck the door.
Arkus (played by Gambit)

As the two half-dragons announced the bounty on Cyrene's head Arkus Listened from a corner stall, his large form concealed by the shade of a sign and his own shield. Others might be complacent but Arkus despised Draconic kind. He considered too pompous to see any of the other races as equal. Dragons ran the jail, Dragons owned the towns, Dragons held indisputable power on the Council. However much he felt distant in doing so, 500 hundred gold was too good to pass up.

Before Bymarra could fallow Sikher out of the square he felt a large hand grip his shoulder. Turning around he saw a tusked man with a green complexion tower over him. "Scuse' me, I was wondering if you had anything of hers I could track her with. Bymarra raised a horned brow. "You've got hounds Orc? A deep chuckle broke from Arkus's lips. "Somethin' like that." Digging into his satchel, Bymarra produced the arrow from the window. Taking the small thing in his hands Arkus raised it to his nose and breathed deeply.

Tossing it back to Bymarra, Arkus was on his way. Most people only saw the sheer brawn an Orc sported, little did they know they had a keen scene of smell too. Arkus follows the winding streets of Nackryn, passed the home with the broken window, out to the forest for some reason and back into town. He ended his search next to the jail, confused he looked about for his target, she must have been nearby. Suddenly he heard an arrow strike the door beside him, Fallowing the like he a silhouette of a young woman flash out of sight. It wouldn't be long before he got his bounty...

Tobias rushed out into the center of town. He had thought he had heard an arrow thunk into a wooden wall. Now he wasn't so sure. He looked around himself confused. Ah. There it was. He rushed over to the jailhouse. He thought he saw someone walk away from there he read the note. He smiled, this was just the thing Cyrene would do. Atleast she was able to look out for herself.

After declaring the bounty, Sikher remembered what Tobias said and was beginning to wonder if setting a bounty on Cyrene was right. After all, when he was 100, he used to be like her... except for snooping on people who just helped him. Sikher remembered raiding the castles of some of the members of the Tyrants of Draconia and giving away the stolen treasure to those in need. Even though glass is extremely expensive, was a 500 gold bounty to bring justice to Cyrene coming from his pocket really worth it? Oh well, he thought to himself. He had already declared the bounty in front of the town. However, if Cyrene was turned in, he would probably let her off with a warning.

A few hours later, he caught up to Tobias. "Hey," he began, "I thought about what you said, so I've decided that whenever someone turns in Cyrene, I'll just let her off with a warning." "But you already put a bounty on her!" Tobias exclaimed. "It's 500 gold!" "Don't worry," Sikher replied, "I can pay for that myself. It may not seem like it, but I have plenty of that."

Tobias shrugged walking off." Your money, I don't care how you waste it" He vanished and reappeared inside the inn to think.
She had been spotted.

Delightful.

Cyrene furrowed her brows, sitting in the stall of an abandoned farmhouse with Duke chewing away at whatever food was left. Had she, though? What were the chances someone recognized her, from the vague description that the half-dragons offered? Perhaps it was the fact not many people had as fiery hair as she did, let alone did they carry a bow and quiver at all times.

Of course, the thing that panicked her most was the letter. It was evidence she still lingered nearby, but she was willing to bend into the rules and remain hidden. Besides, she hoped her words had gotten through. She could, in fact, read and write if she put most of her thoughts into it, but she had no true idea how to do it correctly. She was lucky she had got it done quickly. But, she was sure she had done fine. Hopefully.

For the time being, the archer would have to gather and toss away any panicking thoughts, and keep her head high. Well, high enough to see out of the stall, at least.
Arkus (played by Gambit)

When the darting figure scurred of, followed suit. Walking back into the ever-churning crowds Arkus never truly melded seamlessly in. He remained a stout spire amongst the shifting waved of people. Orks were a touch reader than he hoped, Guess that's what your race gets for siding with the chromatics during the war. He saw an elf appear and read the letter, maybe he should have taken it down, throw off any posable competition. He dismissed the thought, Divination magic may show him where she was hiding but that took time and quite a bit of effort, He would surely find her before then.

Following the familiar scent, he ended up at an old, rundown shack. Slowly he pushed the front door open with his mace, the unoiled hinges squeaked in protest and a musty order permeated from the door as sunlight shined in as rays through the dust. Taking a deep whiff he know she didn't come in this way, she must be around back. Making his way around he found the makings of a small barn, this was where she was. Sliding in through the agar door he raised his shield, the last thing he needed was to come this close and receive an arrow to the face. He thought about storming in and collecting his prized but then thought againced it, she looked to be a rogue, entering a rogues domicile is like entering the maw of a dragon.

"Um...Cyrene?" His heavy voice echoed from stable to stable. "I am Arkus Tov, I'm an Orc so you probably won't have sheer strength on your side." He scratched his chin trying to think of what to say next. "I'm smart enough to not walk in there, but stubborn enough to walk away... So... You wanna talk this out?"
Today wasn’t her day, was it?

The gruff voice had startled her, and it immediately sent a panic along her thoughts. The archer froze. She slowly took in the Orc’s words, taking a deep breath as the barn fell to a silence. Duke ears had perked, and the stallion seemed as surprised as she was. They must’ve had the same thoughts in mind, for they both locked eyes with one another, wide and shocked. The question lingered. What was going to happen?

Finally, the woman spoke, “Well, Arkus-” Cyrene made sure to add a gravelly tone to her voice, making it seem as she was snarling. “-I believe we both know what you’re here for? What is there to talk about, in that case?”

The redhead pushed her back against the stall, slowly pushing herself upwards. Her eyes darted around the stable in a disquiet manner. No escapes. No easy ones, at least. Sighing, Cyrene pulled down her hood and slowly opened the gate, listening to the old wood groan as it moved. She stepped into the light, an eyebrow raised and her arms folded. Though, her hand wasn’t far from her weapon.

“So, by ‘talk this out’, Sir Arkus, I’m assuming you mean I have no choice but to peacefully agree to come with you so you may collect your bounty? Or is there something else you seek me out for?”
Arkus (played by Gambit)

Arkus grinned. "Eh, that would be nice... but I doubt you would, to be honest, people who run often don't ming running more." He edged in a little further. "I want to hear you plead your case, The aren't said for breaking a window but that can't just be it for 500 gold, Nah, I think you were trying to kill that old man, now that would explain 500 gold. But what I wanna know is why? Does he have deep pockets and you're his granddaughter or something?"
"Ah," The archer roughly smiled and furrowed her brows. Cyrene took a step back. She felt cornered. "You must not be new to this? Unless you understand the concept of rouges?" She gave a lighthearted chuckle, her shoulders rising up and down slightly as she did so. Though, her laughter wore out quickly and her grin was replaced with a bewildered expression. "I.. don't understand? I would never harm an elderly, nor anyone, without a purpose. There must be something wrong, here. I-" She placed a hand on her chest. "-wouldn't do something as foolish as that. Besides, I don't care to know half of the people here, nor do I wish to."

The redhead paused, her jaw falling open for a moment. "That dragon creature. The- His window! I was supposed hit his window, not the elder's!" Cyrene panicked, taking a deep breath. "I must apologize-" She whirled around, her hand now resting on her aching forehead. She growled quietly, clicking her tongue. "Duke? Duke, get up! There somewhere we have to be, at the moment." Though, Cyrene acknowledged that the Orc happened to be standing in the same position. She swayed a hand at him while she waited for her stallion. "I'll personally pay you- what was it?- 500 gold pieces, if you lead me to the elderly man's home without turning me in. Sounds like a deal, doesn't it?"

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Land of Draconia

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus