Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » For Arthur!

Tobias Clark (played by Tugboattom)

Tobias laughed nervously, glad that he wasn't the only one with misgivings." Alright then, let's head in." He said forcing a fake cheerfulness. He walked in behind Liam motioning for Cyrene to follow.
Cyrene Guinevere (played by KingOfDorks) Topic Starter

Surprisingly, Cyrene was able to move one foot in front of the other, and she paced until she was walking alongside Tobias, not beside him. She reminded herself to smile, yet keep a serious expression. Her grasp tightened around the letter, though she attempted not to show any signs of nervousness.

Tobias looked to her and nodded companionably. He walked in nodding to the halberdeirs that were guarding the doorway. He continued walking down the long hallway and pointed put an elf at the end of the hallway to Cyrene. He walked up beside Liam and breathed in before addressing the elf that sat at the end of the hallway," Callum." He said getting the elf' s attention," Can you get a hold of the elders?" He asked. The elf looked up, his eyes a myriad of disconcerting colors, and nodded before rushing off to find the elders.

The rogue watched as Tobias spoke to the elf, and her gaze drifted around to their surroundings. Though, when a question popped into her mind, she immediately turned back to face Tobias. "How do I address the leaders?" She asked quickly and quietly, her eyes growing wide for a moment. "Is there a certain way I have to do that?"

Tobias chewed his lip before nodding. Then he tilted his head to the side as he reevaluated everything," Actually I'm not sure if visitors have to address them the same way we do." He thought about it a moment more before tapping Liam on the shoulder," Hey, so your still learning, I've got a question for ya: Do humans have to address the elders differently than elves?" He asked Liam. Liam, always the walking encyclopedia, rattled off the top of his head," Yeah, they have to walk over to the right side, where's we walk to the left. Then where we would start by kneeling and placing our weapons on our knee before asking them a question they have to bow and hold their weapon in their right hand before asking a question." He stuck out a tongue," Your just asking 'cause you forgot." Liam bragged.

Tobias chewed his lip before nodding. Then he tilted his head to the side as he reevaluated everything," Actually I'm not sure if visitors have to address them the same way we do." He thought about it a moment more before tapping Liam on the shoulder," Hey, so your still learning, I've got a question for ya: Do humans have to address the elders differently than elves?" He asked Liam. Liam, always the walking encyclopedia, rattled off the top of his head," Yeah, they have to walk over to the right side, where's we walk to the left. Then where we would start by kneeling and placing our weapons on our knee before asking them a question they have to bow and hold their weapon in their right hand before asking a question." He stuck out a tongue," Your just asking 'cause you forgot." Liam bragged.

Her eyes went wide for a moment, and the rogue instantly looked at her hands. "Something about left and right," Cyrene repeated those certain words, even if they weren't exactly correct. She placed her hand on her forehead, groaning in irritation. "Think, Rene!" She then looked up. "Can't I simply say, 'Ah, Your Highly Powered. Will you be so kind and read this letter, addressing the problems and current events between the two kingdoms'?" The archer waved her hand in a mocking manner, her brows furrowed. Though, she seemed more irritated that she couldn't memorize what to do quick enough, and not what she had to do exactly.

Tobias smiled in apology," Go to the right. Then put your bow in your right." He said touching her right hand lightly." Then ask if they'll read the letter. Your highness isn't needed. According to the books we study they aren't any more important than any other elf, but..." He shrugged," If I'm as important as them then why don't I get a halberdeirs guarding my room? Or have servanrs? Or get to make people wait in line to talk to me? Or... Nevermind I'm ranting." He ended.

Nearly flinching at the touch, Cyrene looked up after drawing a sharp breath. It had startled her, but it also snapped her back to her senses rather quickly. And it welcomed some sort of calmness, as well. "Just right. Cut the left," The rogue mumbled. She then grinned and laughed at his small version of a rant. "Well, it's better than overthinking, at least." She joked.

Tobias grinned as the messenger elf, now known as Callum, returned saying," They have assembled, You may enter." Tobias rolled his eyes sending a pointed look to Cyrene," Well, Go ahead. After all it is your message."

Cyrene grinned, nodded firmly, and turned on her heels to begin making her way into the room. "Wish me luck," She whispered with a small laugh. Despite the nervousness, she kept correcting the little things. When she thought her limp was obvious, she put more pressure on one foot in order to even her balance. When her stare was focused on the ground, she herself to look up and not around. Don't overthink it, she told herself. It can't be so difficult, right?

Tobias let out a breath he hadn't known he had been holding. He walked forward, only a step behind Cyrene. He stopped before she did, as they were entering from the left side of the Council room. He motioned discreetly with his head for her to continue to the other end of the room.

Tobias let out a breath he hadn't known he had been holding. He walked forward, only a step behind Cyrene. He stopped before she did, as they were entering from the left side of the Council room. He motioned discreetly with his head for her to continue to the other end of the room.

Barely catching the sign, Cyrene nodded once and quickly made her way to the opposing side of the room. Smile. Ah! Don't stumble, there. She shuddered, but she hid her laughter. The nagging reminded her of Kai, who usually corrected her such as she was now. But, before she allowed herself to get lost in the thoughts and faded memories, she sent a glance at Tobias, hopefully where he would give her the next set of instructions.

Tobias touched his bow with his left hand to signal to her. Then he kneeled and set his bow on his knees. He sent a look to Cyrene.

Quickly, Cyrene followed his lead. She genuflected onto one knee, reaching over to lift her bow over her shoulders and place it in her right hand. Her gaze drifted around the room as she dared to look up. Then ask if they'll read your letter. "Your Hi-" Don't call them that. Just ask the question. She cleared her throat. "Would you read this letter sent by the King?" Hopefully, the rogue hadn't messed up quite yet.

Tobias bit his lip in apprehension as the leader of the elders gave her a disdainful look.," Yes... I will read it you... Heathen." His lip curled in disgust. He held out his hand for the letter. Tobias glared at him.

Cyrene was taken aback. Heathen? The nickname definitely wasn't new to her, but it still caught her by surprise nonetheless. Well, she thought, what are you waiting for? Show him you're more than such! She sighed, bit her tongue, and handed him the parchment. Even if she wouldn't dare to do anything obnoxious, Cyrene still wouldn't let it slide. "I beg your pardon," The rogue began to murmur, "but I would think someone with such elegance and power wouldn't show such first impressions."

The leader raised an eyebrow," And you come into our land and insult me! " He harumphed opening the letter and reading it. He looked down his beak-like nose at her unhappily," Well..." He started," I guess I will have to apologize." He said, although he looked like he would rather swallow a rotten tomatoe whole," You area royal messenger, and we would," He cleared his throat," absolutely enjoy to negotiate terms of a truce, and our next plans."

Cyrene tilted her head with a cocky smile, taking in his words with clear amusement. Though, she rose a brow. "Royal messenger?" The redhead placed her hand on her chin, somewhat confused. Then, she laughed. "Oh! No, no. I'm just a replacement. I'm not royal, by any means, you see. No need to apologize, in that case!" She snickered, somewhat teasing the leader, by this point. "But, on the other hand, yes, any word back from you would be greatly appreciated."

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » For Arthur!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus