Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » For Arthur!

Tobias Clark (played by Tugboattom)

The leader raised an eyebrow," And you come into our land and insult me! " He harumphed opening the letter and reading it. He looked down his beak-like nose at her unhappily," Well..." He started," I guess I will have to apologize." He said, although he looked like he would rather swallow a rotten tomatoe whole," You area royal messenger, and we would," He cleared his throat," absolutely enjoy to negotiate terms of a truce, and our next plans."
Cyrene Guinevere (played by KingOfDorks) Topic Starter

Cyrene tilted her head with a cocky smile, taking in his words with clear amusement. Though, she rose a brow. "Royal messenger?" The redhead placed her hand on her chin, somewhat confused. Then, she laughed. "Oh! No, no. I'm just a replacement. I'm not royal, by any means, you see. No need to apologize, in that case!" She snickered, somewhat teasing the leader, by this point. "But, on the other hand, yes, any word back from you would be greatly appreciated."

Tobias stared wide eyed at her. "Did she just make fun the leader?" He wondered, admiring her courage. The leader snorted at her instead of admiring," Yes, I'm sure that mere humans as yourself would always want our say in it." Then his gaze fell on Tobias," And what are you Doing with this... this human?" He spat disgusted at Tobias's seemingly faltered allegiance.

Tobias faltered," Um... er...well you see." He began hesistantly. Then he regained his posture standing in the presence of the elders and giving them a bold glare," Your wrong about her. And your wrong about humans. They can do anything we can, and it seems that they have more compassion in their little finger than in your whole body! You should be ashamed of yourselves!" He glared before walking over to Cyrene," Come on. We don't need them. Not until they can change."

Just as Cyrene had opened her mouth to rebuttal to the leader's words about her kind, but he moved on too quickly and began speaking to Tobias instead. It was more than likely better if she kept her mouth shut for a moment or two, anyways. Her stare shifted to the elf on the opposing side of the room as the leader scowled upon him. But, to her surprise, Tobias' words weren't what she was expecting.

With a encouraged smile, the archer stood as she was approached by the elf. She nodded in agreement to his words, though she did have one last thing to say, "I hope your life is as pleasant as you are, sir," Cyrene winked towards the leader with a brisk bow, quickly turning on her heels to begin walking towards the exit of the room. She looked over her shoulder. "And we do hope to get a message from you soon! Though, I'm sure we would be fine without one, of course."

" Did you see the elder to the left of the leader?" He whispered to her," He's the one with the wand. I can show you to his classroom if you want. Sorry about that. I should've warned you about them."

"Oh, that would be great," Cyrene spoke quietly, folding her hands together. "If it's alright with you, of course. You seemed anxious about it before." She grinned, glancing at the elf. "Besides, they weren't so terrible. They remind me of a few people I used to know, actually." She snickered.

Tobias nodded determined," Yeah, I thought they would be kinder to humans, after all they need you as much as you need us. I also thought they would be more polite to a stranger, I'm use to them treating me that way, after all they adopted me and trained me they had a right to treat me as they pleased." He shrugged walking towards a hallway that came off the main one.

Tobias nodded determined," Yeah, I thought they would be kinder to humans, after all they need you as much as you need us. I also thought they would be more polite to a stranger, I'm use to them treating me that way, after all they adopted me and trained me they had a right to treat me as they pleased." He shrugged walking towards a hallway that came off the main one.

"You've never said something, until then?" The rogue looked towards him with a risen brow, full of slight inquisitiveness. Suddenly, she held up her hands as if she were surrendering. "Don't get me wrong; I'm all for people standing up for themselves- and I'm thankful you said that- but.." Cyrene rolled her shoulders into a swift shrug. "I don't want to light a forest just because I set fire to a branch, y'know?"

Tobias looked to the ground blushing furiously,"I... I thought they had earned the right to be rude to me. Especially if I had done something." He pulled on his shirt collar exposing a metal collar that emanated negative energy on accident," This way." He said setting his chin.

"Well.." Cyrene furrowed her brows and fell silent, thinking for a moment. She slowly lowered her hands. "I don't think that anyone has the right to just.." She struggled to find the words. "Just.. act like that without a good reason. And just because they raised you doesn't give them excuse to.. to be rash or.. inconsiderate." Steadily, the redhead inhaled. "My apologies, Tobias. I didn't mean that." She glanced towards him. "Are you alright..?"

Tobias looked up to her, his eyes watery," Yeah... Yeah I'm all good." He replied wiping his eyes with his sleeve." And there's no need to apologize, after all your not the only one who insulted them." He gave her a small smile.

Cyrene nudged him with her elbow, tilting her head with a grin. "We'll fix it, alright? Besides, you were only trying to help. What could they do? Tell you you were wrong?" She joked lightly. There was guilt building in her chest, but she didn't know how to do anything about it quite yet.

Tobias's smile dropped," Well," He rubbed the back of his head worriedly," They could've done a little but more than just say I was wrong. Ya see this collar?" He said pulling his shirt down to show his neck, and the metal collar." It's full of magic. Harmful magic. And they can make it work by using their magic. That's the leader's gift. He can enchant things."

Her eyes went wide, and she looked at the collar with concern glistening across her expression. The redhead then turned on her heels, walking the way the two just came from. "I'm going back to apologize," Cyrene stated. "What I did was foolish, and I was wrong. I should've been more.. respectful and not arrogant. And it's not fair it affected someone who didn't do anything. Well, nothing that didn't mean any offense, anyways."

Tobias reached out and grabbed her shoulder shaking his head. His eyes held a fiery determination that was rare in people his age," No." He said," They deserved everything that was said." His emotions were in turmoil, but he knew that he wasn't going to let Cyrene apologize. That would just feed their feeling of importance. They would enjoy watching a human humble herself to them.

Turning around to face Tobias, Cyrene was somewhat startled by the touch, like before, though she managed to not recoil. After a moment of her countenance seeming shocked, the redhead grinned like a Cheshire cat, patting the hand that rested on her shoulder. "If you disagree with that choice, I suppose it isn't the smartest decision, after all," She ducked her head into a brisk nod. But, despite the smile, there was a assertive, disquiet ring to her tone. "If it's going to get you- or anyone, for that matter- harmed, mentally or physically, I'll kiss their boots if it makes anything slightly better." She then looked down with a small chuckle. "If they even wear boots."

Tobias raised an eyebrow at her," I thought you were the" Lone rogue" and didn't want to be the good guy in the story." He replied sarcastically. He tilted his head," This room." He opened the door slowly, smiling at how well oil it was. He looked in," Clear."

"Oh- pfft- shut up!" Cyrene laughed, sending a infinitesimal glare his way. "I might be 'lone' rogue, but we all have morals. Or codes." She added the last part quickly, and she continued to speak in attempt to cover it up. "Besides, I still have regrets. Tch. If only it were so simple to just be that courageous!" The redhead grinned, but she paused as she watched him open the door at a leisurely pace. "Have we been through this room before? Why must it be clear?" She gasped. "Are we sneaking around?"

Tobias rolled his eyes," Ya want the wand or not?" He asked. Before she could give an answer he walked in and pointed to a string. It emanated the same kind of magic as his collar. He pulled on the collar hissing in pain before sending a glance her way. He continued a little further, but the closer he got to the string the more it hurt. He glared at it.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » For Arthur!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus