Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Anyone else have this issue?

North-Wood

I love roleplay, but can never settle on what I am comfortable with. To keep it PG, I won't go into detail on what rps I mean. the problem is, I tend to rp based on my moods, which goes up and down like the tide of the ocean. I'll say , 'No, never again, " to some types of rp one moment, but then really want to do them the next.

Personally, I am about ready to make a new account or change this one completely and force myself to stick with certain rules. That would mean deleting every rp I have done, but keep the characters I really love and deleting others. This would allow me to make new characters that I am really into. No worries, Adelia will never go away, she will be around to randomly pop in and scare the cookies out of other characters.

Anyone else have this issue? I hate to leave good roleplays and their roleplayers hanging, but I'm getting more and more frustrated with myself. I've been focusing on me, but my head is still a complete mess.
Mipps

I think this is fairly normal.
I don't think you need to trash your account and restart to accommodate.

The rules we made for RP are fluid. For example I absolutely refused to RP smut for over ten years... Now I am more comfortable with it being included in RP.
Sometimes I get drained on it and i just want to fade to black if I feel there is too much.

Some of my characters are VERY dark. some of my characters are very light hearted.. I have different personalities and moods for all of them and for that I mostly keep them Anon and rotate them based on my mood of what I am up for.

instead of rules for overall RP, I have a absolute general set of rules (like communication, respect and writers tyle) and then individual rules applies to each character. so as I rotate around people are pretty clear what to expect more based on the character and theme of the rp then anything else.

Maybe doing something like that will help you out?

You can also state that there are certain things your not willing to do unless your comfortable and familiar with the player first.
Hey honey,

I relate to your issue. I don't think starting over from scratch will solve the problem, though--I think you'll find the same dillema exists with your new account as well. I haven't totally figured it out, but I know the dillema in other areas of my life. A situation where I think something is bad for me so I try to elimate it, but then I'm drawn to something else that takes it place. Perhaps there's some natural drive that it's trying to fill and there's nothing wrong with the drive itself. I have a slightly addictive personality myself, and find myself addicted to roleplaying in general, but when I avoid it another habit pops up that satisfies those addictive tendencies. Now your problem is likely completely different than that, but the point I'm trying to make is that whatever is our nature--changing external things usually doesn't usually change it. That being said, if that's what you need to do, and you feel like that will help you, then you should. Only you know whether it will help you or not. But erasing evidence of some part of our nature doesn't make that part of it go away, and I've found that sometimes the answer is acceptance of that aspect of ourselves and/or channeling it in a different direction.

This advice may or may not apply, but just be sure and feel free to add me onto your friends list if you change accounts, and don't be too hard on yourself.

I would say just change what you're doing on this account and that way you don't lose all your work. And if it's kind of thing where you really want to start fresh, remember that every day is a new day, and there's nothing wrong with starting over with your goals just because it didn't work the last time. You haven't failed as long as you're trying. A failure is only a temporary setback, because tomorrow is another day, and another change to try again.

None of us is ever perfect, the thing that we can do is keep trying, and that's what makes us noble. Whether you choose acceptance, reestablishing your goals and limits in this profile, or starting from scratch with a new profile, just...don't be too hard on yourself. <3 You're only human. This happens to other people too. Tomorrow's another day. <3
Novus

North-Wood wrote:
Personally, I am about ready to make a new account or change this one completely and force myself to stick with certain rules. That would mean deleting every rp I have done, but keep the characters I really love and deleting others.
So, confession time.

I've done this.

Just the once, but I did. And I regretted it. I was having an issue with a couple of other members, so instead of being an adult and confronting them I deleted my whole damn account and started from scratch. I had a few really good RPs, but I also had literally 22 partners. :|

I was overwhelmed, it was a very volatile state in my life, I just. Couldn't. And one particular member is what did it in. I will not mention their name nor will I go into detail of the transgression.

Edit: to answer your question. It's a solid yes.
North-Wood Topic Starter

I think I got it straightened out, I'll be putting up new characters soon enough.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Anyone else have this issue?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus