Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » A silent Plea (IC)

Uramari The Cursed Traveler (played by Shadeslayer45)

The winds howled across the desert landscape dead trees littered the sand of this once proud area teaming with life now turned to ruin from the result of a bloody war spawning the course of many years. Bodies lined the sand as men and women who had joined the goddess army fought and died to protect their homes and families. One man wandered through this desolate wasteland a sorrowful expression was on his face he had served in the war here the magic unleashed here had killed the plant life and corrupted the soil making it so no life was ever going to return,but uramari walked on through the wasteland for this quickest way toward his destination the small town of cleckbar where he hopped to find a inn and rest for a while unaware that the longer he walked through this destroyed land the closer his enemies approached his location
Tamrur Elm Falone (played by KingoftheArrows)

Cleckbar. It was a relatively peaceful farming village, plopped right in the middle of nowhere. Adventurers were a common sight around those parts. At least a third of the population came and went. Tamrur was one of them. The only reason she stayed for longer than a week was because the townspeople were so friendly.

"Could ya help me carry those logs?" a human villager asked as she passed by. The villager pointed to a large pile of logs laying beside them. She flashed a wide smile and lugged the logs atop her shoulder.

"Where do you want me to carry 'em?" her voice was deep and scruffy. The villager jabbed a finger to their left.

"That house o'er there."

"A'ight," she said. She lumbered over to the small, shabby house in a few long strides. Village folk greeted and waved at her. When she first came here, the villagers were much more wary of her. She was the first half-orc they'd seen. But after a day or so, they got used to her and welcomed her warmly into their village. Tamrur was relieved at how open-minded these people were. Usually, village folk requested that she stay for one day and leave the next.

She rolled the pile of logs down her arm and onto the ground. She turned and faced the villager from before, who threw up a thumbs up. She nodded and smiled before heading down the dirt-beaten path to the inn. She opened the door to a buzzing cacophony of laughter, song and speech. Glasses clinked against each other and beer steins slammed on the tables. She took a seat at the front counter, raising an arm to get the attention of the bartender. When she came by, she mumbled, "The usual."
Aldwin (played by Tugboattom)

Unbeknownst to Uramari another traveler walked through this desolate place. Aldwin walked as he whistled his tune.Then he grabbed his violin and began to play. It reached the ears of Uramari and reminded him of a river flowing through the forest. It ebbed and flowed as Aldwin changed dynamics. He began to sing,"

He has a dwelling
in heaven earth and sea." He started in his lilting musical voice. He continued and the very air seemed to pause to listen to him. Then he called out as he saw another person on this plain." Hail!Travelor!"

(( by the way those lyrics are copy righted by someone other than me so don't tell on me ))
Uramari The Cursed Traveler (played by Shadeslayer45) Topic Starter

the sound of music at first confused uramari and assumed some ill siren was using her voice to enchant him into falling into a trap before the rational part of his mind told him siren inhabited the ocean of this world so he let himself be lost in the music dreaming of better days before seeing aldwin uramari would throw up a hand and wave in a friendly gesture of greeting for he was mute he could not call out to aldwin his curse wouldn't allow that as he paused as to let the stranger get closer to him

Aldwin wodered at the stranger's lack of greeting.Perhaps this was normal around this person's part of the world. He walked up to the man and held out his hand for a shake.He smiled warmly knowing that this desolate place could dismay travelled easily.

Uramari smiled warmly and shook the mans hand he was a odd fellow to be so casually strolling this area with no form of a weapon perhaps uramari thought this man was some kind of experienced mage who had only the most powerful of spells at his disposal. the curse mark around his throat made its self known as uramari after separating from the handshake signs hello to him

Aldwin' s eyes glanced over the mark on Uramari. His eyes dances merrily over Uramari inspecting him. He didn't seem like a theat. Not to Aldwin anyway. To others... well that was a different matter. After exchanging glances with this burly man he introduced himself," Hello, my name's Aldwin. I'm a bard, you have no threat from me." He said still smiling. Normally if someone held a smile that long it would become annoying but with Aldwin it was still handsome.

Uramari let out a silent chuckle as he signed to him his name he had designed this form of communication he called it sign language where he'd form the rough shape of the letters needed to form words to communicate as he said to the stranger his name finding although the smile should make him feel something was up it didn't as he inclined his head in the direction of the town he was heading to almost as if he was asking the stranger if he wanted to join him on his travel

Aldwin raised an eyebrow quizzically. "Mute?" He asked, serious concern in his voice. " And I would gladly accompany you wherever you wish."

uramari nodes answering aldwin question as he motioned for him to follow as he walked off heading back on track toward his destination as he eyed the musicians instrument almost as he was asking for him to play something to fill the silence of their travel as he smiled

Aldwin laughed." Would I like to play a song? I would love to" He placed the instrument under his chin and played. It flowed smoothly shifting from one long note to the next. It reminded Uramari of the mountains and the wind whistling in the wind. As he played the wind swept through his freshly cut hair. The wind whistled along to the tune of his instrument. He began to sing his voice melodic and slow now. It no longer bounced as it had before. It was smooth as it permeated every fiber of the land around him. His lyrics were about the land and how it grew.

Aldwin laughed." Would I like to play a song? I would love to" He placed the instrument under his chin and played. It flowed smoothly shifting from one long note to the next. It reminded Uramari of the mountains and the wind whistling in the wind. As he played the wind swept through his freshly cut hair. The wind whistled along to the tune of his instrument. He began to sing his voice melodic and slow now. It no longer bounced as it had before. It was smooth as it permeated every fiber of the land around him. His lyrics were about the land and how it grew.

(( sorry if I wrote too much. if you want I can start just saying that he played slow or fast and describe less.))

uramari listend to the music as he could remember the mountains of xalnda and the peace it brpught him during the harsh campaigns of the war. when aldwin started singing about the land it made him feel sad and peaceful. sad because it reminded him of the death of destruction of the land they travelled through as they approached the wastelands border where a massive demonic helmet lay rusting in the sand from when a general had been killed here. his body had been vaporized by extremely powerful magic casted by uramari. he'd sign to his companion that night was swiftly approaching and it would be wise to make camp

((doesn't bother me how much you write just try to avoid double posting

(( aye aye captain))

Aldwin nodded at the wisdom of Urumari's suggestion. His fingers continued to twitch as if still playing his violin. Then they began to twitch faster as he realized that he didn't have any camping supplies. So far he had been able to go through life without one because the towns had been closely packed and a bard could always find room at an inn. After all ,if he played well he would bring in extra customers and make the innkeeper extra money. So the innkeeper could deal with giving him free room and board. Now he furrowed his brow worrying. He voiced his concerns," I don't have any camping equipment. I suppose we could sleep under the stars, unless your uncomfortable with that."

uramari threw out the suggestion that they could try and just travel through the night he estimated the next town couldn't be three to five leagues out and could make it before possible midnight if they kept to the trail and that appeared farther ahead that looked slightly eroded and almost gone. it hadn't been used for years before and after the war for many saw the place it lead to as evil and was most likely going to result in getting them cursed

" Hm... a curse" Aldwin mused." Interesting. If you wish to continue walking then be my guest, and I will follow you gladly. May I ask why your going to this town?"

he'd turn to aldwi n and sign that he was going there to get a few days rest and to resupply not to mention sell some skins of beast he hunted during his wandering as he took on jobs sporadically and didn't like to tie himself down in one place for a long period of time

"I can understand the life of a wanderer. It gives you the kind of freedom few ever taste and the time to look at the world around you, to draw inspiration from it and learn about it." He said as he turned to watch the first stars sparkle into existence and the clouds rush about as if running from something. He breathed in the air enjoying himself. " Yes" He decided," The life of a wandered is a good one."

(( imma go to bed so i won't be able to respond until like 9 ish.))

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » A silent Plea (IC)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus