Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » A silent Plea (IC)

Uramari The Cursed Traveler (played by Shadeslayer45) Topic Starter

((sleep tight

uramari agreed with Aldwin. ever since uramari had started wandering he had felt at peace not to say he didn't encounter violence the land was recovering from war so crime would raid what they could from weakened knights and gaurds as he decided to cast a small flame spell one of the only things he could because of his curse
Aldwin (played by Tugboattom)

Aldqin looked to the fire held in Uramari's hand. He whistled ,impressed." I see I'm in the presence of a castor." He exclaimed jokingly. He couldn't handle a serious time, it just didn't seem right. He continued walking with a bounce in his step, trying to diffuse the tension. He began to whistle softly to a tune only one of his people could know.

if you mind me asking he signed where did you learn your craft you are quite talented my musical companion. he did all that without using his hand which held the flame. when he talked about being in the presences of a caster uramari signed you should have seen me in my prime alas that was during the war. his eyes would scan the surrounding countryside wolves and other hunters usually showed up during the dark hours of the night so he was on his haurd incase he needed to take action

" Hm. Well, I was born with it. The same way I was born with this blue skin and the little but of webbing between my fingers. Not enough to really do anything but look wires anymore but still." Then he smiled as he read Uramari's hand signals." You're quite talented with that aren't you? Hm... never really met anyone who was a strong castor. Some call my music magic, like when I play a quiet song and it puts them to sleep or such, but it's just music. If you're as strong as you say you are, not saying that you aren't, then you are the strongest castor I've ever met." He said smiling.
Tamrur Elm Falone (played by KingoftheArrows)

((I'm just going to leave this roleplay, as my character isn't really involved with what is happening right now and your characters are having some good interaction right now.))

((would you like me to get you when we reach town?

he signed few could stand against me but alas the world is a big place there might have been foes who could have matched my magic we are almost at town and making good time if i had to guess it might be some time close to midnight hopefully bandits don't attack the town we are heading too but alas there will be instability in the time to come empires are trying to rebuild from the devastation of the war. he coutnined signing i am quite good with what i like to call sign language a form of speaking for those who can't use their voice to talk it is frustrating but conveinat

Aldwin nodded looking up into the star dusted sky. He was becoming quicker at reading Uramari's signs. "What is magic like? To use it? I've never even been near someone that could do much more than light a candle with their magic. What's it feel like to cast?" He asked wonder filling his eyes as he looked on in amazement at the fire Uramari was holding.

uramari signed magic is different for the user for some it can feel like a pleasant feeling coursing through their veins or icy cold feeling of a rushing river. for me mine feels like a pleasant warmth others can feeling negative things depending on the type of dark magic they are using. as for what magic is like and how it is to use it i can say using magic can feel exhilarating as you can if powerful enough essentially play god but use more magic than you can handle and risk burning your body to ash and turning your soul to pure raw mana power

Aldwin took a few moments to answer. " Wow! " he shook his head ruefully. Then like a small child he asked," Could you teach me?" The awe of the moment evident in his eyes.
Tamrur Elm Falone (played by KingoftheArrows)

Uramari The Cursed Traveler wrote:
((would you like me to get you when we reach town?

((Yeah. In the meantime, I'll just wait I guess.))

he signed to aldwin in order for me to teach you magic id need to find out what your affinity is and then we'd have to make sure you have a sufficient mana pool that will allow you to actually use magic but for now we need to make camp for the night. ill make a fire with that uramari gathers some sticks and logs putting the fire ontop of the logs the fire no longer requires his mana to stay alive and keep going

Aldwin shrugged. He supposed he hasn't missed out in anything. After Uramari had set up the fire Aldwin began looking around for some extra prices of wood so that they would keep it going throughout the night. He sat down on the ground with a contented sigh. He pulled out his violin a d began to play. His music was soft and slow filling the souls of the listeners.It seeped deep within them filling them with peace. It began to lull them to sleep. Even the player had troubles keeping his eyes from fluttering closed. After he had played to his heart's content he leaned back and breathed out. He was happy to be on the move with a companion that could appreciate his music. He watched the stars as he looked over to Uramari. His brow furrowed as he wondered about that mark on Uramari's throat.

uramari had left a little while ago as he steps out from behind some trees two rabbits in his hand as he just signs i got dinner and almost as if reading aldwin thoughts said you want to know the nature of my curse mark on my throat? i could tell you if you so desire or i can keep it to myself it really doesn't bother me its not like it holds any harmful secret

Aldwin looked to Uramari surprised. she shook his head deciding that it must have been magic. " Well if your comfortable with it I would love to learn about it. After all information is a bard' s stock and trade. " He said still gazing at the stars.

very well i will tell you a story but please for sake do not over dramatise it for many bards tell this tale as if this story was one that ended in my death ok onto the tale. the war had been drawing toward a explosive end as the two armies met each other on the plains the dark ones army and the goddess had met i was leading the men in a attack shortly when the fighting began the dark one had knocked the goddess off her horse and weak from supplying the group with mana i threw myself at him in the middle of him casting a powerful spell the result was the loss of my voice and a majority of my magic but i never regretted my decision

Aldwin looked to him in admiration. He chuckled," How could I over dramatize such a thing as that eh? It's already dramatic enough! Goddess hm? I never really believed in such things meself. What was she like?" His curiosity growing with each bit of knowledgr. He,unlike most storytellers, tried to get the facts right.

she cherished life and always tried to fight bit we wouldn't let her not because she couldn't she was just more suited to support but even a goddess got a overstate her ability to support everyone while keeping defense around her up. you must have passed many churches on your journey of a lady immortalized in marble looking like a fair madien? talking about her made uramari remember days when he and his company before he took control would come back from a premiter check brusied up and how she fussed like a mother would when seeing their child injuried

Aldwin looked to him puzzle written all over his face. He sat up putting his face in his hands, his face screwed up in concentration."So, is she like the goddesses in myths and such and can live forever or just a really powerful figure that has been shrouded in myths and legend, effectively turning her into a goddesss. Stories can become reality given time, and some more gullible listeners." He smirked as his lips cracked from the dryness. He gulped from his waterskin wiping his mouth with his sleeve.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » A silent Plea (IC)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus