Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Drifting out (sci-fi rpg OPEN)

Distant Dawn (played by SteamPower_Birb)

[OOC]Totally borrowed from Alonzo. love the idea <3 Good example

Instructions...

There are few very basic steps for joining the game...

1: You start off by creating a spacecraft, which could derive from a published work, or could be completely original. It can be pretty much anything that takes your fancy...

2: Post up a link with some basic stats (or write the stats yourself) such as size, weapons compliment, etc...

3: Provide a picture. I have included this a separate step because it is absolutely essential that you provide a picture,. It could be anything from a masterful piece of CGI to a hastily drawn doodle, as long as gives one an idea of what the ship in question looks like...

4: You're done! Just bring your ship into the game!

There are seven basic rules...

1: You are not allowed to destroy another person's vessel. Only a vessel's owner can destroy it (or allow it to be destroyed). You are, however, free to damage or otherwise effect the vessel within reason for your ship's weaponry and abilities...

Note: This rule is flexible and subject to change, depending on how the story progresses...

2: Initially, you may not use too powerful a ship. You can use any kind of ship you like, but it must not be something overwhelmingly powerful like a massive dreadnought, a huge Death Star-esque mobile station or a ship with an insta-kill super weapon. If you're not sure, trying looking for a ship that could be defined as a 'heave cruiser' (a medium to medium-heavy general purpose ship).

Note: I will have the final say on whether a ship is reasonable or not. Don't bother asking me though, as you can assume I find the ship acceptable unless I say otherwise... Also, this easily the least concrete of the rules. For one thing, I'm sure most of you will be able to use common sense...

3: The game is not to be played in script format (novel format only).

4: Do not play another person's ship or characters for them...

5: You are allowed to use a canon ship from a published work (though I would advise against it).

6: Please don't get overly silly and/or start spamming. It really pains me to see this happen to my forum games...

7: Above all, have fun with it...

8: Anyone else who wishes to join will just have to read the op and chose an interesting way to pop in.

Note: OOC and IC can be used to let the other players know whether you are speaking out of the context of the game (OOC or 'out of context') or within the context of the game (IC or 'in context'). You can also think of them as 'out of character' and 'in character', respectively, if you wish...

Here is the link to my ship: Distant Dawn
IC

Navigation and position beacons blinked silently in the black of space, the ship they belong to otherwise dark, it's reactor only producing minimal power. The ship itself was scarred, weather from battle of just long term exposure it was not clear. Scrawled along the side of the bow was the name Distant Dawn along with a image of a sun rising over a horizon.

[bleck but it's still something to start]
Vladimir (played by HRA)

Name: HRAS Enterprise
Service Date: ?-?
Role: Super Carrier
Length: Unknown, but around 2-5 kilometers, max.
Height: 1 kilometer, including towers
Width: 1.5 kilometers
Class: Generalfeldmarshcall
Decks: 20, because most of it is hanger, drop pod, and guns
Crew Compliment: (Military Sized, Fully loaded) around 1,000 SS officers over the rank of lieutenant, One SS Field Marshal, ten SS Generals, 10,000 Space Marines, 100 Dreadnoughts, 100,000 Imperial Guardsmen, 4000 pilots, and around 5,500 crew members for the guns, and 2000 engineers.

Small craft: 300 Thunderhawk Gunships, 500 Lightning class Fighters, 200 drop pods, 100 scouting drones
Boarding craft: 200 boarding torpedoes, 100 one man torpedoes, 50 Breach Torpedo cannons

Shields: 50 Void Shield Generators, 10 backup generators
Defense: 100 Heavy 152mm FLaK cannon turrets, 200 light 100mm FLaK cannon turrets, 150 AA class Valkarie Anti Fighter missile launchers

Offense: None
Propulsion: Standard Plasma cored, air and water cooled engines x10, 200 maneuver thrusters, 1 Warp Drive

Additional info:
Tell me if it's too big, and I'll fix it up. No, Im NOT a nazi. SS means Home Defenders. Its an Elite army.
Our Warp drives can take us anywhere from 10 days to jump across the galaxy, to 2 months. We basically go through our own hell, and back.
Also, this ship is an aircraft carrier. In other words, it only has a few defenses, and planes for weapons. This isn't the Yorktown. XD

IC: They didn't know exactly what the hell had happened. No, they were patrolling when they got the message. Of course, they were patrolling on the borders, looking around. They had received a message from the Bismarck, ordering for war upon a distant empire, and for help. Thats all that Vladimir god.

Field Marshal of the Imperial Guard, General of the SS, and lord of the 2nd system, stood awake in his bunk. He was, of course, part Russian, so he could speak the language, and had an accent that was, of course, just what he liked. He had short hair, and a red device for one eye. He just stood there, confused, a bit.
Distant Dawn (played by SteamPower_Birb) Topic Starter

[OOC] That...is...Huge xD If you think about it...the secret service is SS o.o

as for Dawn's slip-space generator, same to a degree, relative to distance traveled.

IC

A dark, nearly black, cylindrical shaped object lay silently out in the blackness when it detected a ship, the first ship it had detected in nearly twenty-two years. The object went into a active 'scan' mode while beginning to transmit short range, low powered signals. The object for a probe.

On board the Distant Dawn it's systems give off a surge of energy as systems come alive all through out the ship, it's own sensors giving two high powered pulses in response to the probe's signals. Two more probes go active in response to the pulses as well.
Vladimir (played by HRA)

((Sorry. I've been talking to my girlfriend, and doing things.))

"Sir, object detected off the port bow. It appears to be a small ship, not too big in size. Looks like some sort of... Patrol boat class, if I may. I have no idea what this is," The 1st Lieutenant, the radio/radar/scanner operator said, staring at the console he had. "Orders?"

"Try to establish communications. I wish to know what they are doing here, and if possible, where they are from. After establishing that, invite them on board. I'm sure they'd be happy be invited," Vladimir said, voice thick with an accent. He stood at the railing of the bridge, which was atop of the ship.

The bridge was arranged in a big square, like traditional Aircraft Carriers were. There was a massive window stretching from one end, to the other, and around again, like a square. There was blast shields, though, so they didn't die from a direct hit.

OOC Totally understand that xD

IC

The Distant Dawn continues to receive information from it's probes. No activity is otherwise detectable for several moments as it's crew awakened from their hibernation and finish the ships start up procedures.

Finally maneuvers slowly in the direction of the ship it's probes had found. A communications signal begins to broadcast audio only, the voice sounding like a young girls "Greetings unknown ship, this is the Aether space free ship Distant dawn. Please identify yourself and your intentions. it has been quite a long time since we have had visitors!"
Vladimir (played by HRA)

"Sir, incoming transmission from the ship!" The Lieutenant said, patching it through to the Captain's speakers. Vladimir was not the captain, oh hell no. He was higher in rank. Much higher. Hell, he was like a field marshal, in some tense. Well, almost a field marshal. He still had somethings to go through.

"Reply, send them our greetings," Vladimir said, and with that, he sat down.

A reply came back quickly while a large hatch opened up on the port side of the ship "Does your ship have video feed communications? We would prefer to see who we are speaking with. Also, we are sending out our pilots to retrieve our probes, they are eager to stretch their legs you understand? they are unarmed and in no way hostile. "

With that two humanoid machines exit the hatch and begin to head towards the probes.
Vladimir (played by HRA)

"Yes, we do," And with that, the face of Vladimir appeared on the screen of both ships, like a Skype call, so to speak. He smiled, nodded, and bowed, looking back up. "I am Vladimir Lenin, General of the 1st Imperial Guard, the 1st and Only. Master of the Enterprise, and Führer of the 3rd System. Who are you, kind sir?"

As the video feed opened up to show the bridge of the Dawn The was no one in sight for several moments before the face of a pale young woman appears "Greetings General. I am communications officer Tamily. The captain is still going through her post hibernation cycle but will be here momentarily. We do not mean any offense, She just has a rough time coming out of it."

A door behind the woman opens up a nearly as Tamily finishes. In walks another pale woman, wearing a grey bodysuit and portions of thick armor and other mechanical items, her short grey hair messy. she looked rather sick "I am truly for not being the first you have spoken to face to face. I'm captain Vanko of the Distant Dawn." she wobbles a little and someone off screen can be barely heard off screen. She just waves them off with a order "Just bring the rest of my things up here and put me in it. It'd not be proper for me to faint while communicating." she turns back to the screen "I am heavily...augmented. I did not wish to keep you waiting more then necessary so a portion of me is still in my cabin." she reaches up and taps a part of armor on her right shoulder to make her point.
Vladimir (played by HRA)

"I find no offense. If anyone should be sorry, it's us. We interrupted you," Vladimir said, standing up, and smiling slightly. He wore the blackish greyish brownish trench coat, with the decorations on it. He had medals on one side, and the ribbons, too.

"Not to worry, ma'am. I understand perfectly. After all, I know what you speak of," Vladimir smiled understandingly.

She chuckles slightly "It is no problem. We have been out here for far longer then I'd like to admit. Honestly your the first we've seen in several years. It's nice to have someone to speak with. Excuse me a moment" she pauses as three female crew members make their way onto the bridge carrying two large containers and open them. The three then help her into what looks more like powered armored then anything.

Once finished they quickly leave as she begins speaking again "Most of my crew is like wise 'afflicted' Only Tamily and our supply team are not. Most do not react well to heavily armored beings, unarmed or not." about that time the Dawn's machines have finished their task of gather up probes and begin to return.
Vladimir (played by HRA)

"Trust me, Ma'am. We have complete empathy for you. Indeed, it is often difficult for our Marines to conduct rescue missions simply because of their massive armor. But I must know, would you care to join me and my crew for dinner? Of course, your crew would be invited, too. It would be a lovely dinner," Vladimir offered politely. He knew how to talk to guests.

Although, he had to admit, he hadn't seen another ship in years. Decades. They'd been out here for a long, long time. Communicating with the world back home was very hard at times.

"I'll have to ask the girls what they think. I may be captain but I value all their opinions." She faces off screen for a moment "Tamily, please open the ship wide intercom as well as the two outside. I'd like them all to hear this." she turn back to the screen with a big smile after she's sure the intercom is on "General, if you would please ask your question again? I believe you'll get a very clear answer."

The first contact they have had in years and are being invited to dinner? She was certain she'd know the reply from every one of them.
Vladimir (played by HRA)

Vladimir smiled, and obliged. He repeated his question to the crew. Perhaps they'd enjoy real food for once. Like maybe even steak, or cheeseburgers. Something really good to eat. He wanted to make sure that the cooks were ready for them, though. Because while they were good, they couldn't move very fast.

"I hope your crew accepts my offer, Captain. I would love to eat some of the real food for once," Vladimir said politely.

Luca covers her ears as nothing but the sound of sqeeling girls floods the ship's intercom and comms. After it passes she just smiles "General, i think you have your answer...the entire crew is female after all. Any invite to something means a party to them and a chance to look pretty. Besides...we don't have a real kitchen. Just a small ward room with a microwave."
Vladimir (played by HRA)

"We're mostly men, so you might not want to mingle with the crew unless you want some interesting experiences," Vladimir joked, smiling. Of course he was being polite, but frankly he was hiding a laugh. He heard the girls screaming back there, and laughed. He couldn't contain himself.

Luca couldn't help but laugh like she'd just heard the best joke in her life. After several moments she finally stops, wiping tears from her eyes as she speaks "General, my girls can be just as rowdy as any man, but they are well disciplined. More importantly your the first ship we have seen in a Long time. It wouldn't reflect well if they caused a ruckus." she turns off screen with a silly grin "Okay! Break out your best dresses ladies, and be quick about it. Don't want to keep our host waiting!"

Outside the Dawn's machines had returned to the open hanger hatch and stepped back in, the last of the two stopping to fire a group of three pink flares. Clearly the crew was excited.
Robert (played by HvyArtillery)

Name: United Earth Ship(UES) Liberator
Service Date: ?-?
Role: Multi-function (Exploration, scientific, and battlecrusier)
Length: 135 yards (405 ft)
Height: 27 yards (81 ft)
Width: 108 yards ((324 ft)
Class: Courageous-class Battlecruiser
Decks: 22
Crew Compliment: 754 main crew members, 200 Military personnel, 10 diplomatic personnel, mixture of male and female crew members

Small craft: 5 Type-8 shuttles, 10 Eagle fighters, 2 Dropships, 3 Gunships, 1 Survey craft
Armor: 17in thick, heat-treated titanium alloy
Shields: 1 Anti-matter influx Deflector shield
Weapons: 20 disruptor pulse capacitors, 12 Energized Projectile cannons, 20 auto-turrets, 6 torpedo launchers, 10 beam arrays, 1 hydrogen bombs for emergencies
Propulsion: 2 trans-warp engines, 1 high velocity impulse engine, 6 gravity thrusters
FYI: My ship's picture is my character profile picture. It's made out of legos :D

IC: The Liberator sat in orbit around the white dwarf star it was studying. On the bridge, Captain Robert sat in the command chair reviewing reports on almost everything about the ship. The bridge gave a slight rumble as another drone was fired from the torpedo bays to take readings on the star's inner gravity field. The bridge was silent as all the crew concentrated on their work. After about an hour, the lieutenant manning the sensors console looked up.

"Sir," She began. "Two unknown ships have been detected about 500km from our position."

Robert considered the situation for a moment. "Leave them be. They're not bothering us."
Vladimir (played by HRA)

"Sir, new ship coming in. Just appeared out of jump. It appears to be a battle cruiser, but has scientific purposes, as well as exploration, too. Orders?" The Lieutenant asked, and looked up at Vladimir. Vladimir thought for a second, and looked around.

"One second. Madam, I'll be ready when you are. What time?" Vladimir said, muted himself, and ordered a channel opened up with the new vessel immediately. He wanted to talk. A battle cruiser of that size probably wouldn't pose a big threat, but it just might.

Dawn's own sensors had picked up the new ship, the sensors information being displayed on the same screen as the video conference so as to allow the Captain to view them. Two ships after all this time and appearing in such a small amount of time after each other? Luca didn't like it one bit. But maybe she was just being paranoid.

Luca smiles happily as she shrugs, though her eyes could be seen occupied with other matters "It will take us time to finish waking everyone up, only necessary personnel were woken up by the ship. We may be a skeleton crew, but not everyone is always needed. I assure you it should not be too terribly long. We will come calling as soon as we are ready." with that the channel was cut. Stepping away she looks at Tamily "get everyone up and going ASAP then Prepare the Dreissen for combat. One anti-ship and the other two for anti-air. After that start doing some deep scans of Both ships. I want to know what they can do. Then finish getting your dresses ready. I hope we won't have any kind of fight but I'd prefer to be ready if we do. Would rather have a party..." With that she leaves to her cabin to get her own dress and combat gear ready.

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Drifting out (sci-fi rpg OPEN)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus