Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Group thread Notifications

Mipps

I am not sure if this has been suggested before nor am I sure its possible to do.

Group roleplay threads get muddied together on the main from page of RPR where we see our feeds… but we see -all- the threads going on in groups. Depending on how active or big a group is the threads we are trying to focus on can disappear I the nether or be easily missed.

I have noted a lot of people are discouraged to join groups because its overwhelming and hard to keep track of replies.

I would propose a solution of a NEW icon for notifications up by the envelope for our PM messages for group notifications pertaining to threads we have started or have responded to.

I wouldn’t make it automatic unless it’s a thread started, but to give people an option on forums of groups to maybe.. click a bell so they get notifications for that thread?

In either case, a clean system to filter out group notifications that is seperate from the public RPR forum threads would be really useful to make groups less overwhelming.
Morrigan

I agree with this suggestion, since many times I might want to step away, but then have to check regularly to watch for post updates. So if I could end up with a notification much like for messages, I would love that. Good suggestion Mipps. <3
Mipps, if I'm following you right, I had the same gripe with groups. But then someone showed me the trick to getting ONLY the subscribed group threads in your main activity feed.

In the group, click on the gear icon, then 'Notification Settings'. Uncheck the 'Group Forum Posts' checkbox.

Then go subscribe to the individual threads within the group that you're interested in tracking more closely.

(And you can still see ALL the activity with the group via the filters on the main activity feed.)

Or did I misunderstand the issue? <.<
Mipps Topic Starter

Juls wrote:
Mipps, if I'm following you right, I had the same gripe with groups. But then someone showed me the trick to getting ONLY the subscribed group threads in your main activity feed.

In the group, click on the gear icon, then 'Notification Settings'. Uncheck the 'Group Forum Posts' checkbox.

Then go subscribe to the individual threads within the group that you're interested in tracking more closely.

(And you can still see ALL the activity with the group via the filters on the main activity feed.)

Or did I misunderstand the issue? <.<

It sounds like that has the potential to solve the issue? but that's a lot of steps for people NEW to groups who are having a hard time navigating the group as is.
A great deal were still unaware of the feature on the front of the RPR page.

I can test out what you have mentioned works for me and then share it...

BUT its a very hidden bandaid to the issue. I still there there should be a very obvious group notification icon at the top of RPR to help keep better track.
Mipps Topic Starter

Follow up:

I check out the setting and I can only turn them on or off. the subscribed threads mix in with all other subscribed threads of RPR, so I dont think in the end this is going to help solve the issue.
Ah, my apologies. I guess I misunderstood your intent. Hopefully it's still a bit helpful in the meantime to keep group threads you're not subscribed to out of your main activity feed.

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Group thread Notifications

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus