Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » The Wake Up Knock I Feared (R.I.P.)

MasterWinter

Hello all, Winter here.

For those of you who may or may not know, I am living with my elderly grandparents here in GA from my "dad's" side of the family.

Cutting this short and to the point: My grandmother passed away this morning.

I was awakened to a sharp, loud knock on my bedroom door. Turns out it was my papa (grandpa). He told me gran passed away.

She'd been on in home hospice since, maybe roughly middle of last year? I don't honestly remember what month, just know it was before I came to live with them after my own mom passed away. Gran was on in home hospice due to heart failure.

Yesterday we had a scare. Gran had just conked out, was breathing and stuff, but wouldn't wake up.

One minute she'd been talking to papa normally, he stepped out, came back to ask her something, then bam she was like Sleeping Beauty. When her oxygen got turned up she came back.

Just like with my mom, I got to talk to gran one last time and tell her I loved her.

I'm...idk. I'm shaking off and on.
Rogue-Scribe

My condolences my friend. Passing of close loved ones is a bitter pill, even when one knows it’s inevitable m.
LakotaSiouxWarrior

Sorry for your loss💔💔. My prayers and thoughts go out to you, your Family.
MasterWinter Topic Starter

Thank you both, appreciate it greatly.
Im so sorry for your lost, sending prayers to you and your family during this difficult time.

QueenSerenity wrote:
Im so sorry for your lost, sending prayers to you and your family during this difficult time.

Thank you kindly, it's much appreciated.
Nurse Mina (played anonymously)

"Dear Sir Winter." Nurse Mina quickly ran to his side as soon as she heard the news. "I'm so sorry about your loss. My deepest condolences to you and your family... But may your grandmother also enjoy eternal happiness in heaven, and may her undying love continue to reach you as she watches over you from above." Nurse Mina bows to you sincerely, not saying it as a character but as the person behind her facade.
kungpowdragon23

I’m so sorry I pray you have peace. I know it hard losing somebody dear to you. But at least you got to be there and gave her happiness. At least you where there and gave her comfort. She may not be there in person but she still lives on in your heart and always will be. My My deepest condolences to you and your family.

Nurse Mina wrote:
"Dear Sir Winter." Nurse Mina quickly ran to his side as soon as she heard the news. "I'm so sorry about your loss. My deepest condolences to you and your family... But may your grandmother also enjoy eternal happiness in heaven, and may her undying love continue to reach you as she watches over you from above." Nurse Mina bows to you sincerely, not saying it as a character but as the person behind her facade.

I thank you kindly for this, I do appreciate it. I hope that she, my gran, will too enjoy eternal happiness. You are one of RPR's many gems, even if you don't think so. Thank you for the comfort, I greatly appreciate you and the others.

kungpowdragon23 wrote:
I’m so sorry I pray you have peace. I know it hard losing somebody dear to you. But at least you got to be there and gave her happiness. At least you where there and gave her comfort. She may not be there in person but she still lives on in your heart and always will be. My My deepest condolences to you and your family.

Thank you. No it's never easy. I lost my mom to breast cancer just Sept. of last year. I knew it would come sometime with my gran, but didn't realize it would be this quick. Then again, we never know when.
North-Wood

Sorry for your loss, Winter. *Sends Timothias to give a hug and cuddles.*

North-Wood wrote:
Sorry for your loss, Winter. *Sends Timothias to give a hug and cuddles.*

-hugs and cuddles Timothias- Thank you.

Thank you, all of you. It's difficult for me, but it's slightly easier, due to I am not alone this time (in rl) as I was when my mom passed.
You have my condolences, Sir Winter. If you need someone to talk to (even if I'm very slow to respond), my inbox is always open for you.

Lucretire wrote:
You have my condolences, Sir Winter. If you need someone to talk to (even if I'm very slow to respond), my inbox is always open for you.

Thank you kindly. So far hanging in there. It's easier since I have papa and cousin around. I'm trying to do more of the emotional supporting this time around, though I take time to myself now and then too of course.
My most sincere and deepest condolences for your loss.

I hope to be here and support you in any way I can, just let me know how I can help

Tusitala2017 wrote:
My most sincere and deepest condolences for your loss.

I hope to be here and support you in any way I can, just let me know how I can help

I just did in PM. Thanks Tusi-San.
I’m so sorry for your loss. It’s hard to lose someone, I’ll be praying for you and your family.

If there’s any way I can help, let me know.

Crystaldragon126 wrote:
I’m so sorry for your loss. It’s hard to lose someone, I’ll be praying for you and your family.

If there’s any way I can help, let me know.

It is hard, that's for sure.

I'll let you know if I come up with anything, thanks.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » The Wake Up Knock I Feared (R.I.P.)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus