Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » gofundme for my nephews funeral

This week my eldest nephew Dylan was shot and killed. I cannot give specifics in public per my sister in laws request but it is so very tragic. He was 20 years old and planning on moving states to start his life. I don't really have the words to express how difficult this is. I had not seen him for years but was supposed to for Christmas this year.

With everything going on it's another very heavy bolder on my shoulder.

I know everyone is having a hard time right now.

His mother is asking for help with his funeral, to give him the good-bye he deserves and somehow be able to make sure all of us stuck states away in our houses can see it.

If you can, please donate. If not, please share however you can. Support of any kind means so much to me. <3

https://www.gofundme.com/f/departed-son
Sanne Moderator

I'm so sorry for your loss, Mercy. I wish you and your family all the best during this difficult time. <3 <3
Wishing u the best and stay safe<3<3
Very sorry for your loss. I can't imagine the pain you're feeling.
Novus

I'm sorry, my friend. I can't offer much, but I'll donate what I can.

</3
Rogue-Scribe

How sad!
Bloody guns.
Peace to you D with this heartfelt loss. :(
MercyInReach Topic Starter

Thank you all so much <3 Thank you to those who have donated and those who have given me words of support.
I'm sorry for your loss. I hope the grieving process comes through easy. I can't give anything but I can bump this so someone who can might see it.
Queen_of_Hell

This is such heartbreaking news. I am so very sorry for your loss. These are extremely difficult times indeed. Please stay strong, your family will be in my thoughts <3
MercyInReach Topic Starter

Just an update, I am headed away from Saturday to Thursday to visit family and have a memorial service of sorts. Not enough money was raised to hold an actual casket funeral but enough for an immediate cremation and a memorial service was, and to avoid waiting any longer in the current climate, that was what my sister in law and brother decided to do.

Thank you everyone for your support, and please still donate if you can, it will still go towards the cremation and other costs.

If you would like to donate some money to me to go towards the rental car, hotel, and gas costs for the 30 hour (15 there, 15 back) trip I need to take, you can do so here and that would also be very appreciated. Thank you. <3

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » gofundme for my nephews funeral

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus