Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Your longest roleplay

LakotaSiouxWarrior

10 plus years with aylssa nicole kennedy. We recently added her daughter melissa ann kennedy.
Oh wow, ten years is really cool!!
The longest i've ever spanned was a very bumpy ~3 maybe year creepypasta rp between the ages 11?-14 It was fun, but that friendship Was Suck! we've all grown up since, all of us now being literal legal adults lollll, but it did leave a print on baby me's psyche. I really hope I can find something long-term and multi-generational like that again. It was really fun and I miss it a lot.
24 years with my female protagonist Lunella De Vargr. But, to be honest, it's more like 27 years, as I changed her name once.
Consecutively? Probably around two years. Funnily enough it was the first RP I ever did. Me and an online friend just started writing in our chat one day about how much we wished a book had a different ending. So we wrote it, and then some. Neither of us even knew what RPing was, and it was sometime later that I found out that we were, in our own way, RPing.

That said I did take place in multiple RPs, using the same characters/playing with the same people (with a semi-attached storyline) that spanned almost five years. It probably would’ve gone on much longer but the server we were using went down, and none of us had contact info for each other outside of it. In retrospect I have to thank that RP for making me a better writer, as my own writing drastically improved over the course of it.
My longest RP ever was a group RP that was in a sort of X-men/MHA style school for gifted children.

Basically, my character―in real time―went from a freshman to graduation, visited regularly throughout his college years, got his teaching formation, became a teacher to fill in a position another PC has vacated due to old age the following year, fell in love, got married and had a baby. Not sure how long it was exactly but since this progressed in real time (in large part thanks to generous use of the timeskip button since RPs tend to progress slower than real life), we can do some quick maths;

Highschool education: 4 years
+ College teaching education: 2 years
+ First year as a teacher: 1 year
+ Pregnancy: 9 months.

It lasted at an absolute minimum 3 months short of 7 years.
Rogue-Scribe

Longest would be my character Halasian who got started in an RP back in 2000 and is still RP'ng some part of his life today, so twenty years.
My longest roleplay was probably 3 years but the character has been around for a hot minute - me and my partner just kind of drifted life-wise and stopped responding except to say sorry we were busy. Such good memories though! Referencing the movie 'Inside Out' they created core memories for him.
LakotaSiouxWarrior Topic Starter

Scarlett has one going on 2 years now. Quite the epic tale.
Raspberry_Beret

The longest amount of time I've RP'd a character regardless of who my RP partner was, has been since July 2002 with my main female protagonist and her many friends I wrote up. So yeah, about 18 years this summer, that's not so bad!

But, the longest RP I have had consistently with a character and a single RP partner is just over 6 years with my ninja character.

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Your longest roleplay

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus