Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » How Populer are Fandoms here?

Hey, just got on this site a few days ago. I was just curious how popular fandoms are on this site? Most sights I got to are pretty much 90% fandom roleplays. As for me, the only thing I could consider my self roleplaying fandom wise is Halo, or most video games I like for that matter, not too much into Anime other then Cowbot Bebop and Gangsta. It just kind of poped into my head as a thought and got me wondering what the general outlook of fandoms are here. Getting a general vibe would also be nice since I have been wanting to do a Halo RP, but was weary of looking for people if I wasn't going to find a tone. So, do you prefer ordinal stories, or stories based off existing properties?
I think originals and inspired-by's are probably the more common thing here, but we do get a fair bit of straight-up fan stuff, too. Not sure how those fandoms actually weigh out though, like which are most popular, which might be tricky to find either sometimes or always, etc.
Yeah, mostly original stories. Fandom-wise, I've seen some. Lord of the rings is somewhat popular, and something called warrior cats (that's young people stuff so I'm not the best expert on that), and I've seen people propose some RPs in the "Looking for RP" thread based on certain shows or games. Wouldn't hurt to put an ad up in Looking for RP.
SparksFly wrote:
Hey, just got on this site a few days ago. I was just curious how popular fandoms are on this site? Most sights I got to are pretty much 90% fandom roleplays. As for me, the only thing I could consider my self roleplaying fandom wise is Halo, or most video games I like for that matter, not too much into Anime other then Cowbot Bebop and Gangsta. It just kind of poped into my head as a thought and got me wondering what the general outlook of fandoms are here. Getting a general vibe would also be nice since I have been wanting to do a Halo RP, but was weary of looking for people if I wasn't going to find a tone. So, do you prefer ordinal stories, or stories based off existing properties?

Not at all, I only really do fandoms here too and I probably have the worlds smallest amount of rp’s because of it, and people get really defensive about it too just so you know
I can vouch for the single digit number of Warhammer enthusiasts on this site, including myself. :)
I see a lot of people making requests for fandoms and have done a couple anime related ones but honestly, I don't see a lot of people replying to the requests so I'd say the fandom numbers are low. It's pretty hard to match up fandoms and ships though, so I'm not surprised.
SparksFly Topic Starter

Murkysoulwaters wrote:
I see a lot of people making requests for fandoms and have done a couple anime related ones but honestly, I don't see a lot of people replying to the requests so I'd say the fandom numbers are low. It's pretty hard to match up fandoms and ships though, so I'm not surprised.

Honestly, I kind of don't mind that. Of course I would always wanted to do this Halo one, but that's the exception because I typically don't like fandom role plays. Now if someone wants to do one if course that is fun, ar the end of the day this is all suppose to just be fun and I would never discredit anyone for just wanting to enjoy themselves and be a fan of something, it's nice seeing people love something so much really. I just know me personally, I don't often do them and do in fact prefer a more original story
SparksFly Topic Starter

KingofHaddock wrote:
I can vouch for the single digit number of Warhammer enthusiasts on this site, including myself. :)

I can't call myself an enthusiast because I hardly know the more but I played that one awesome third person shooter game, I can't really get into most of them because to my understanding they are RTS games and I am not a huge fan of those. Although I have this one friend who talks to me a lot about it and I love the concept of the orca having something called Wa energy where they are basically so stubborn that if they think something exist, then it does. Like they can be invincible just because they think they are
SparksFly Topic Starter

LittleMouse wrote:
SparksFly wrote:

Not at all, I only really do fandoms here too and I probably have the worlds smallest amount of rp’s because of it, and people get really defensive about it too just so you know

There ain't nothing wrong with it of course. Being a big fan if something adds a little bit of a spark in life, much like my crazy fanboying over Halo. I think just in recent times there has been a but if an ugly stigma put in fandoms that I hate to see. It's nice to see people really get into something, and enjoy a thing in their life, and you never know if that thing may be their only thing that really makes them enjoy something. Even though I don't often do fandom rps, or get involved in fandoms altogether I still sorta envy those that do because they are really enjoying something that I can't if that makes sense
SparksFly wrote:
LittleMouse wrote:
SparksFly wrote:

There ain't nothing wrong with it of course. Being a big fan if something adds a little bit of a spark in life, much like my crazy fanboying over Halo. I think just in recent times there has been a but if an ugly stigma put in fandoms that I hate to see. It's nice to see people really get into something, and enjoy a thing in their life, and you never know if that thing may be their only thing that really makes them enjoy something. Even though I don't often do fandom rps, or get involved in fandoms altogether I still sorta envy those that do because they are really enjoying something that I can't if that makes sense

Yeah but on here, it’s like a needle in a haystack, the ones who HAVE stepped up, they’re fantastic but I feel like my fandom has been long dead even though there’s a tumblr Renaissance for it

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » How Populer are Fandoms here?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus