Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Contemporary Fantasy RP? (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Hello!

I have a character I want to try out, so I'm looking for someone who'd be interested in a one on one RP in a contemporary fantasy setting!
The character is Lepidot, who's sort of a Mothman-inspired cryptid.

I have a couple thoughts about potential directions:

1. Your character is a regular human person who doesn't know about cryptids/magic, and finds Lepidot. Maybe Lepidot was in trouble and your character saved them, or maybe it was just complete chance.

2. Your character is another magical creature who encounters Lepidot, again, probably somewhat by chance.

From there, I'd be willing to take it in either a rivalry direction or a friendship direction- but I'm not looking for anything too aggressive when I say "rivalry", I mean more of a "we're rude to each other because we love each other" sort of dynamic.
Romance isn't what I'm looking for, but if it comes up and seems plausible, then I'm down for it as long as there's plenty of OOC communication between you and I about what we expect to happen!

I'm alright with swearing and violence, but not gore or suggestive themes.

I normally write in third-person paragraph format, either past- or present-tense depending on the RP. I'm flexible, though!

In general, I'm fine RPing with all ages, but I would like to know the age of my RP partner so that we can tailor the story to something we're both comfortable with! For reference, I'm 19.

I think that's everything? This is my first time posting in the Looking For RP forum, and it'll also be my first time RPing on RPR, so please bear with me as I adjust to the interface! I've been roleplaying online for a long time, but every new website/format takes a little getting used to!

Thank you for reading! ^-^
Magic 30%
Some magic. Few can use it, but most of the players probably won't have it. Magical characters will likely believe that they are all alone.
Technology 50%
Modern
Combat 40%
Unrest may be part of the setting, but any scenes that happen to involve combat may be summarized.
Romance 20%
Romance isn't outright desired, but can happen if we decide the characters are perfect for each other. The romance won't be important to the overall plot.

Details: Freeform, adjustable length posts, long-term RP partner preferred. Will be played one-on-one.

this seems interesting
Hello there! I can give a slight insider about me through a PM since I don't feel comfortable revealing personal information to the public.

I can work out a contemporary fantasy setting so long as some characters can be playable. If an OC is what you prefer, I have a ton of those. But I created a new character that may be an OC, but hasn't really been developed, meaning we can plan something for my character. She's a tall night elf (or this one is rather an Aegean-colored wood/forest elf if you're familiar with other fantasy settings) who is originally planned to be a blademaster, but seeing this as contemporary, I can remove the idea for this one. She can possibly encounter y/c in the forest by chance.

Looking further into your character, it shows as non-binary, and furthermore, I'm unsure how to do this RP with such a character in the romance setting. Furthermore, might I have an image, or description on what this mothman's body should look like? I would appreciate it. ^.^

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Contemporary Fantasy RP? (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus