Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Summer Soiree: The King's Solstice Party

Chaucer was quite a unique quirky character, well used to improvising and stealing the limelight, bold when addressing others above his station, unafraid of the crowds at large, known and unknown. He was a bard that enjoyed putting on dramatic attention-seeking performances and entertain passers-by with grand gestures and pomposity for a coin or two in return, even for a plate of food, or as little as a good round of clapping and clamour.

He was a charlatan, a playwright, a jester who had arrived to liven any gathering he encountered. Having finally arrived at the festival he made his way to the king with a grand, dramatic gesture and stood in his presence to address those attending the gathering

My-Lord-and-ladies.gif

"My lords... my ladies... and everyone else not from the nobility" greeted

FaithfulMindlessCassowary-size_restricted.gif

"Come, come forth, ye people dearest to my heart. Come hither to hear my words from afar, for I travel long and yonder even, to bring ye with the sound of my voice, word of adventure and fortune, tales of great bravery and heroic deeds, stories of warriors greater than history itself knows them to be" announced Chaucer loudly

"Lend me yer ears for all but an hour that I may tell ye of wonderous things I have learned along my journey.
Far beyond these woods, in the heart of the forests there be the elves, creatures of great nobility and courage, lead by none other than a woman warrior! Captain Falathiel they call her... and captain indeed she is for when the orcs attacked the travelling caravan I was tagging along with... she slew them with her wits and sharp steel" related Chaucer as if speaking fairy tales

descarga_1.jpg

"I have it on good account her sword... her mighty blessed sword that slays creatures of darkness, was forged by a mighty dwarf blacksmith, whose skill is spoken of even from the furthest ends of the known living world. Should ye ever meet the great Master Bowen, be sure to procure yerself a sword of his for yer very own, for such perfectly balanced and beautifully crafted steel shall not fail ye in battle against mighty foes" proclaimed Chaucer

"Together, like light and shadow, doeth this elven warrior of mighty deeds and the ever friendly master of the anvil, are said to travel to and fro peril and adventure to another" explained Chaucer "and ye be blessed if ye were to encounter them in thine journeys for perils won't befall ye with such companions at hand" commented Chaucer taking the lute to add tunes to the narrative

"Ahhh the wilderness... such a deep and dark and menacing place at times, shrowded in legend and mystery... it is said that in its deepest cavern it conceals the greatest of all treasures, the equally cursed and blessed Cup of Life.... a goblet guarded by mages till a brazen traveller demands it off them. It is said to grant healing and immortality to any bold enough to dare collect rain water fallen from the heavens and drink from it under the moon light." revealed Chaucer playing the strings some more

"For those adventurous enough... there's much to be found in out there in the rocky caverns, for that is where great treasures of olden times lay buried, forgotten beneath the bones covered soil. A dragon is said to rest near the gold, guarding the entrance to this large treasures but... were ye smart as a dwarf.... ye could carve access from the other side without ever disturbing the sleeping beast till the gold was all but gone" told Chaucer telling tales
Imperfect Beauty (played by MasterWinter)

(LMAO! O.M.G! I just re-read your post, Tusi. XD I love you, my friend!)

Said Captain just happened to be in elvin hearing distance of Chaucer, and heard her name pass his lips. Falathiel excused herself from Bel-Urvon, leaving it up to him if he'd follow or not, then would causally strode her way over to Chaucer.

"Well now if it isn't Chaucer. To what do I owe the pleasure of you singing mine and Master Bowen's praises? Really I don't see what I've done to earn such a thing."

Thank goodness Lionel wasn't around, else he'd be giving her that look of his claiming she was doing herself a disservice.

Master Bowen excused himself from his dwarven companions, thanking them kindly for the attention and the food along with good ale. The dwarf would make his way over to where his Captain friend was at, and listening to Chaucer go on about his tale.

"Wut he be goin' on about now?" The Master asked Falathiel.

"You know how Chaucer is, he likes to tell tales. We are the subject this time." Fala answered.

"Oh, aye?" Master Bowen asked as he took his pipe out and lit it.
Rockbreaker clapped his hands clamorously and vigorously at the song, any song of treasures buried was good to hear it and if it praised his good old friend Master Bowen, then it was an excellent choice of song by all means.

"Atta boy! Whata talent ye got" praised Rockbreaker patting Chaucer's back, each pat so strong and forceful that it was half tossing the scrawny artist forward causing him to tilt or bend forward almost losing his footing at each of the pats.

"By Moradin! Tis bard got it spot on" agreed Rockbreaker to the sung praises, finding them to be true enough
Master Bowen (played by MasterWinter)

The Master dwarf grinned 'round his pipe, as he watched Rockbreaker patting poor Chaucer's back so roughly.

"Oh, aye. I do do good with my work, that's for sure." Bowen agreed.

Falathiel kept her eye on Chaucer, but turned her attention to Rockbreaker. Chaucer was still seen out of the corner of her eye.

"Master Rockbreaker, good to see you." Falathiel greeted.
Master Bowen (played by MasterWinter)

(With the fact that the Summer Event is about to end as of tomorrow, if I remember correctly, I'll be excusing my muses so to complete my interactions. If anyone wishes to add me, and or seek rp with me, feel free to do so. Thanks to Pantrane for hosting.)

The Master dwarf would stretch a bit, shaking loose his muscles, before letting out a yawn behind his hand after removing his pipe so it didn't get in the way.

"I think I'll be heading to my room at the inn, and hunker down for some sleep."

But before he left he would snag one more mug of good dwarf drink, and drained it down after getting it. Bowen would leave coin for Rin, even if Rin said he didn't need to pay.

"Hey, Rockbreaker! Come find me at the Sleeping Dragon Inn, I'll give ye the axes I crafted for ya." Bowen calls to his friend.

With that Bowen would start to head off.

"Behave yourself, Chaucer!" Calls back while heading off.
Imperfect Beauty (played by MasterWinter)

The Captain would politely excuse herself as well, heading off to the same inn as Master Bowen.

"Chaucer, behave? We will see about that." She says with a light snort.

In truth the Captain hid a grin as she headed off with her dwarf friend to the inn.
Rockbreaker rose to his feet, dropping a pouch of coins for Rin that more than enough covered all their expenses and saluted the bartender by striking his fist against the chest. "Farewell, me friend" smiled Rockbreaker at Rin

He then turned to captain Falathiel and Master Bowen "Indeed tis good to see ye, capt'n" nodded Rockbreaker giving his two friends his fullest attention. At the mention of going to an inn to spend the night there, Rockbreaker could not be more agreeable, following the pair right away

"Aye aye... coming right away" assured Rockerbreaker immediately following Master Bowen and captain Falathiel to rest at the same establishment and spend more time in good company
Chaucer looked well pleased at the gathered crowds around the makeshift jousting ground, doing a quick run to thank the clamourous crowd

e384378c67db6341f78db92fc1e87164.gif

Once he reached the royal's presence, he made a grand reverence before king Haar "Sire.... it has been an honour to perform in your royal court... alas my errand life calls me to part ways and forfeit your company and presence in favour of more adventures and tales" saluted Chaucer with yet another dramatic artistic bow

Chaucer grabbed his lute and hurried after the three of them to catch up to Rockbreaker, Falathiel and Bowen, feeling happy to be in their company

"Behave myself? Surely there was no intent for me to be left behind? My heart aches for more adventures and I would rather not miss opportunities for new stories that arise out of them whilst travelling with you. Nay... I shall liven the way with my tunes and, once we are in the inn, tell all the patrons all I know about your grandiose deeds" smiled Chaucer

"Onward to the Sleeping Dragon Inn it is" concluded the bard soon disappearing from sight along his travel companions

((OOC --- I thus bow out... thanks for hosting ))

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Summer Soiree: The King's Solstice Party

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus