Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Summer Soiree: The King's Solstice Party

Ayah and her family (played anonymously)

She came back. “ I was looking for something that will keep me cool and simple. Some thing like a healer outfit only a bit more proper for events like this?” She said trying her best to keep in simple. Fae “ She travels a lot so she needs some that cool and yet yet long yet graceful. But in need to be proper for events for somebody of her standing.” The fae said politely.
Rin Kegsasunder (played by Pantrane) Topic Starter

Several of the dwarven cooks looked up from their grills and fire pits. They seemed to be getting many compliments on their cooking. “Bit a exotic meats from ‘round the lands”, said one of the darker elves with jet black hair. He was in the midst of stirring a great pot of stew. Smells of flavorful spices wafted throughout the tent, many of which seemed to spur from this grand pot set on a rack above flame.

“Ye gotta try this steak”, said a golden haired female dwarf with a long braid. “Rare, rare animal.” The slab of meat being grilled looked absolutely huge, though it was cut from what seemed to be on animal. “There is a great beast that lives way out near Galvan’s Volcano. A giant monster with three horns on front of its large head. Behind them is a large frill, with bony tips on along its edge. It has feet like an elephant and enough meet on its bones to feed a mountain.”

“Tastes like chicken, it does”, said a third dwarf cooking... Well... Chicken. This drew a laugh from some of the bystanders nearby. The dwarven tent was quite large. It had portions of its side which were open for ventilation. Long benches stretched out along one side of the structure. Some were sized for humans and elves, others for dwarves and gnomes.

A cart drawn by a mule pulled up to the tent. From the drover’s section behind the animal hopped down a stocky dwarf with dark red hair. “Wait till ye lot see what me haulin”, the plain looking dwarf said in the accent of a hill dwarf. “Me ‘hinks ye gunna like it.”

After climbing up along the edge of the cart, he pulled off a tarp to reveal keg barrels of ale. “Let’s get this set up an’ cracking”, the busy dwarf said as he hopped up and prepared to hand the barrels down. Some others came to help.

“Drink on me, specially ta me dwarven kin”, Rin grinned as he hopped off with thelast barrel after passing the rest down. “And gnomes.. Prolly humans.. Elves gotta pay”, he added snarkily.
Mona Lisa Rimbaud (played by LakotaSiouxWarrior)

"Green with liquor. Thank you for your service". She dropped a gold coin into a tip jar. "Only one for now. I want to taste some that fine food the aroma is making me hungry". She turned around surveying the crowd. Then she turned back around. "I'll be walking around this fine fair. Thank you for the excellent drink". As she left drink in hand.
Guinevere Scarlet (played by Pantrane) Topic Starter

What appeared to be a female soldier moved towards the camel dealer. She was a squire to one of the knights in attendance. She looked over some of animals for a moment before approaching the merchant. “Tell me, my good man. What is the catch with these animals? Free? They aren’t ornery are they?” She smiled gently while looking towards him.

“I may have a use for one.”
Arundriel (played by Pantrane) Topic Starter

Arundriel bowed politely while sliding the woman her drink. “I think you will like this one. Tangy with a hint of a sour kick before it turns sweet. This is one of my favorite fruits”.

“Thank you so much for the coin”, he told Mona before bowing again. He seemed happy to see the other woman return. He listened to what she wanted and thought for a moment. “Were you thinking of a dress? No.. More of a skirt with a top? Maybe open to let the air flow naturally across you, yes?” He knew the latter was a style many sorceresses enjoyed. It helped them connect to nature.

“I could make it tasteful. I can also fit it more like a robe, closed and such.” He thought of which materials she might like. He had an array of fibers which were both strong and lightweight.

Ayah “ um a dress.” The fae came out with a cloth that was light and was soft and yet very lovely and elegant. Ayah held something that could be used for a robe to go over it. Ayah “ I’m looking for like royal healer look.” She did not want to say she was a princess.
Mona Lisa Rimbaud (played by LakotaSiouxWarrior)

Mona left to go where to the drawfs were cooking. She finished the drink. She was enjoying this village life. She thought to herself "this is much better than paris". She hoped nobody would recognize her. Mona sauntered up to where the drawfs were cooking. "I'll try me some of that steak". Her green eyes sparkling. She put some gold coins on the counter. "I am sure one of you fine gentlemen can help a damsel in distress like me".
Master Bowen (played by MasterWinter)

"Good gravy! Thad be the biggest hunk of steak I ever laid eyes on!"

Bowen exclaimed as he looked to the golden haired female dwarf with a long braid. He could feel his mouth watering at the sight of it. Hearing Rin speak concerning drinks, the Master Craftsman grinned more.

"What good stuff ye got in them barrels? Haven't had me a right good drink from me kinfolk in a while!"
Imperfect Beauty (played by MasterWinter)

Falathiel strolled through the area at a leisure stroll, taking in the sights and such. It was odd to be able to just, be away from her usual duty as a Captain. But in truth, even if she wouldn't admit it aloud, it was kind of nice. Quietly so to not interrupt what was already going on, Fala would stop near the stall where Arundriel was assisting another person.
Rockbreaker looked on surprised to see Master Bowen arrive and join in.

"Bowen! Me friend! tis been a long time" greeted Rockbreaker mouth watering at the large portions of meat and mentioned barrels soon to be available
Jip (played by Juls)

“Hey! Ow!” Jip complained, rubbing his head where Taluna had clunked him. “Seeing little stars zoomin’ round and round thanks to that iron first of yours,” he said. “Blue stars…”

“Pardon me for my tardiness”

Jip blinked several times at the dark figure until it dawned on him that this was the fortune teller. That was not the barefoot, curly haired beauty with a husky accent he’d been envisioning at all. “We were just…” he started to excuse himself and Taluna. Maybe they could go find where the fireworks were being kept or something...

“Come in, come in. Both of you.”

“Er…alright…” he agreed and looked around the tent with interest, touching several of the artifacts before climbing into one of the large chairs. He stood up on it a moment then sat himself on the front edge so that his lower legs could hang down more comfortably.

“An adventure, huh?” Jip said, leaning forward eagerly. “Will there be goblins to slay? Will there be treasure? Will there be fair maidens to rescue from the clutches of DOOM?”

"ROCKBREAKER, YA RASCAL!" Bowen exclaimed in light tease. "Good ta see you! Been far too long ain't it?!"
Bel-Urvon (played by Pantrane) Topic Starter

((Winter’s Fury, this character posted a message for yours on the first page.))

The woman seemed to walk away from one red-haired high elf to the market stall of another. Arundriel was slick. He was using the lure of drinks to drive business to his clothing and tailor services. Bel-Urvon couldn’t help but grin, noticing his distant cousin working with customers.

Bel-Urzon approached the elven soldier. “Excuse me, m’lady. Perhaps you didn’t hear me.” He music had been loud and Bel-Urvon did speak fairly quietly. “I had inquired about your travels. Have you crossed great distances to arrive here?”
Imperfect Beauty (played by MasterWinter)

Bel-Urvon wrote:
((Winter’s Fury, this character posted a message for yours on the first page.))

The woman seemed to walk away from one red-haired high elf to the market stall of another. Arundriel was slick. He was using the lure of drinks to drive business to his clothing and tailor services. Bel-Urvon couldn’t help but grin, noticing his distant cousin working with customers.

Bel-Urzon approached the elven soldier. “Excuse me, m’lady. Perhaps you didn’t hear me.” He music had been loud and Bel-Urvon did speak fairly quietly. “I had inquired about your travels. Have you crossed great distances to arrive here?”

((Ah, my pardons. I have a hard time keeping up with all the posting going on at times to this forum post. It was not my intention to ignore someone who was posting to me. Terribly sorry!))

Falathiel had been, oddly, not paying the best bit of attention, if she'd missed being called out before hand. Her attention focused to the other individual, and a brow would be raised as she listened to the question.

"Forgive me, usually I am more keen to paying attention to my surroundings, and those who seek my attention." Falathiel started. "As to travel, yes I did. I serve the Kingdom known as Draorethien. I am the only female within the army, and a Captain at that. Is there anything else you'd like to ask? You have my full attention, I assure you."
Morgause (played by Raider-jack29)

Let it never be said that she disregarded the kindness of others. For it had been some time since she had left her hidden home. Not since the war had she left the palace, not since she was young had she allowed herself to care for much beyond the borders of her small home. The world however, was not staying still as she did. Around her nations rose and fell, and the witch queen of the forest was not to be seen. Still, she arrived at this party only out of the convenience it brought in easing her current state. Still she arrived in the guise of a tailor, selling the bits and bobs of fine clothing she did not care for. Far better that then to be recognized, what with her...sorted...history.
Taluna (played anonymously)

"Oops! Sorry!" Taluna had genuinely not meant to hit Jip that hard, but for a gnome she was actually pretty strong and had trouble holding back- after all, she was essentially a tiny barbarian.

As she was about to rub Jip's head to try and ease the pain, a dark and mysterious voice beckoned them into the tent. "Ooh! Two for one? Really?" Taluna hadn't intended to get her own fortune read, but she couldn't possibly pass on that deal! Jips was paying for her right? She only brought enough cash to get a few cupcakes at best..

Yeah, Jips was totally paying for both of their readings.

Taluna merrily walked into the tent along with Jip and sat next to him. "He's a tall one, huh??" She mentioned to the other gnome about the creepy looking fortune teller. She wasn't sure what she had been expecting, but it hadn't been quite this.

She didn't truly care about his appearance however, as she was just happy that something exciting was happening already. She usually had to prank a lot more people before being dragged into a tent with spooky people inside. "Heh! Of course we share an aura. We're buddies!" Declared the gnome as the fortune teller explained that she and Jip had similar energy, wholly ignoring the possibility that it could also be because they're both gnomes.

"Adventure!? I love adventure!" Said the gnome excitedly and nodded her head along with Jip, nearly standing on her chair. "Yeah! There better be enough goblins, treasure and maidens for the both of us!" She wasn't about to get short changed out of this deal!
Arundriel (played by Pantrane) Topic Starter

Arundriel eyed the material she had chosen. “Ah yes... You have chosen the dragonspider weave. It is quite strong and airy. This should make a fine dress”, he said as he moved to hold the material.”

He looked at her to size her up. “Of course I’ll have to take your measurements. We can do this now, or you can explore some more and return.” His eyes watched the fairy who had helped her as he smiled warmly.

“ whatever works best for you.” She said. The fae sat on the table. One accidentally got drunk. Ayah giggled. “ it looks like they like your drinks.”
Rin Kegsasunder (played by Pantrane) Topic Starter

The blonde dwarf smiled and batted her eyes at Master Bowen. “Right bit a snack, it is”, she said coyly. “Cannae wait ta dig in meself.”

Another dwarf began cutting large pieces off of the meat, separating it into portions. Each piece was bigger than a typical beef steak. The smell was rich and fragrant. As it had cooked, it took teams of dwarves to flip the dino filet over to the other side. The large grill placed over the hot coals and flame below almost looked like a work of dwarven engineering.

Rin strolled up to Bowen and Rockbreaker, keg tossed over one shoulder. He set it down and returned with a handful of mugs. He set them upon a nearby counter. “This me family’s own brew, lads.. Drink up and that, oh aye?”

Around the same time, he noticed the human with the exotic accent. He walked over to the grille and fetched a plate for Mona Lisa. “Me hopes ye human palette enjoys this here cookin’. Exotic meat this is... A right giant animal.” The Hill dwarf smiled and looked up at Mona. “Care for an ale as well?” He looked over to Bowen and Rockbreaker. “Shall we head over to the tables lads? Best to prop these mugs up on a proper bench.”

Rin was technically working the event as a citizen of Luvaria’s allied dwarven territory. Other dwarves were busy unloading kegs from his cart. On the side of the mule drawn vehicle’s paneling read ‘Kegsasunder Brewing’ in dwarvish.

Master Bowen gave a smile in kind to the blonde dwarf.

"That look's ta be a right good hunk of meat for sure! Can't wait ta get a taste of that!"

From the corner of his eye, he spotted Rin joining himself and Rockbreaker, making Bowen gently nudge his friend, Rockerbreaker, to look over to Rin.

"Aye! Just the stuff I was lookin fer. Something good that's for sure!"

Bowen would take one of the mugs Rin had given, thanking him in kind, then followed Rin to some seating.

"Come on then, Rockbreaker! Can't let me have all the good stuff here now can ye?" Bowen laughed heartedly as he teased his friend.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Summer Soiree: The King's Solstice Party

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus