Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Summer Soiree: The King's Solstice Party

Bel-Urvon (played by Pantrane) Topic Starter

He smiled on her recognition. The high elf stood alongside her and looked up, just slightly shorter. “It was indeed quite loud”, he said reassuringly. He listened to her speak, distracted for a moment by a pair of giggling children who ran past.

“My my, that does sound far indeed”, Bel-Urvon mentioned on the name of her homeland. “Now that sounds like an elven kingdom, if I ever did hear of your one. Is your King also a high elf? Are all citizens there? Luvaria is quite a mixed kingdom, as you can see.” The town he hailed from was more homogenous. Much of his time was spent in various castles his Order traveled to and from.

“Tell me. What is your unit like?”
Imperfect Beauty (played by MasterWinter)

"Actually we do not have a King, we have a Queen. Given that our kingdom yields to the females when it comes to the ruling line. Males are seldom chosen to rule unless their is no female heir when the time comes for the current ruler to step down and the next to step up. As eldest of Queen Ishahara's three children, Imohn Falke was first in line to become the Dragon Master of the Elven Domain. Draorethien is his home and he works to raise the Royal Dragons to ensure their survival so that their way of life might continue as it had been for decades and even centuries.

Yes, the royal family is all high elves. I believe the Kingdom is all high elves. There are citizens who live there. Not within the castle, but close by of course. What exactly is it you'd like to know about my unit?"
Mona Lisa Rimbaud (played by LakotaSiouxWarrior)

Mona smiled at rin. "Thank you I will have a ale also". She picked up a fork and knife and sliced off a slice of steak. "Yum cooked to perfection". She proceeded to devour the whole steak with a couple more glasses of ale. After mona finished. She burped. Laughing she then said "Rin you and your drawfs are fabulous chefs. I am full and thank you for your attentives to me." She dropped gold coinage on the counter. "Keep the rest for a tip besides that you're cute". She said flirtatously. She then left the steak stand and proceeded to walk around the fair. Enjoying the crowd the sights sounds of the kingdom's celebration.
Pluvio (played by Pantrane) Topic Starter

Pluvio tried to restrain a grin upon noticing Jip’s excitement. He closed his eyes to better sense the energy of the crystal ball in his hand. Without the whites of his eyes and his gemstone irises, he appeared as dark as a shadow. His obsidian skin absorbed almost all light, except for a thin surface gloss.

“Goblins? Remember this. Sometimes the best way to win a war is through diplomacy. Even if falsely so. I truly believe these words will mean something to you someday.” He opened his eyes, reading something deeper. “But no. No. I see kobolds. Slimy mice, deep within a grand cave. There is little to negotiate with them. They know their caves well too, ugh. I sense a bit of fortune for you”, he told Jip but turned to Taluna.

“Both of you. Especially if you work together.” Pausing for a moment while spinning the orb in his palm, he was speechless for a moment. “Magic. You wield magic, yes? I am a mage by trade and I sense it within you.” He directed those words towards the lady.

“Set out to find a great stone. I feel like red is the color that will magnify your powers the most. Wield it in a staff or amulet. A fair crystal can do great things. They make for truly splendid amplifiers”, said Pluvio. “A red gem matches your energy the most.. Maybe purple for defensive work... Amber for healing work.” For many people he would have recommended blue and yellow for the last two uses, but he sensed the slight bit of red on those colors would interact with her abilities more.
Mokk Grun (played by Pantrane) Topic Starter

Morgause wrote:

A few people came and went as they browsed the dark-haired woman’s clothing wares. Some people bought a few items. Others just touched the material and asked questions.

A citizen of one of the most distant territories within Luvaria approached. His footsteps were quiet because of the meadow’s soft grass. A large shadow forecasted his arrival. The massive rhinoman soon loomed in front of Morgause’s display.

“Pardon me, love”, said the beast. His voice was deep but crystal clear. His accent was surprisingly formal, almost posh. “Do you carry larger sizes? I’m a big bloke, yeah?”

“If nothing else, a spare bit of cloth could prove quite useful.” After reaching out to examine a piece of hanging cloth with his brutish hands he said, “Ooh that is well soft, innit?”
Morgause (played by Raider-jack29)

Mokk Grun wrote:
Morgause wrote:

A few people came and went as they browsed the dark-haired woman’s clothing wares. Some people bought a few items. Others just touched the material and asked questions.

A citizen of one of the most distant territories within Luvaria approached. His footsteps were quiet because of the meadow’s soft grass. A large shadow forecasted his arrival. The massive rhinoman soon loomed in front of Morgause’s display.

“Pardon me, love”, said the beast. His voice was deep but crystal clear. His accent was surprisingly formal, almost posh. “Do you carry larger sizes? I’m a big bloke, yeah?”

“If nothing else, a spare bit of cloth could prove quite useful.” After reaching out to examine a piece of hanging cloth with his brutish hands he said, “Ooh that is well soft, innit?”

She seemed to look him over for a moment, giving a pleasant smile as she made her way to the back of the stall and shuffled through a few patches of fabric. "I'll have to get you're measurements first sir, then I should have something for you by the end of the day". She stopped and turned to address him. Out of curiosity do you prefer thicker or more soft fabrics. I cannot imagine cotton feels all to good on your skin, though if your looking for something for the colder months it might be necessary. Not that I'm one to judge how harsh winters are here, we hardly ever get snow back home".
Jip (played by Juls)

“And kinda ominous…” Jip added in a whisper that was supposed to be only for Taluna, but was not quiet enough to prevent Pluvio from hearing him.

Still, he listened closely to the dark elf. For as much as the gnome could be excitable and prone to jumping to conclusions, he really did make an effort to pay attention … particularly when he was apparently paying to hear what the fortune teller had to say.

“Kobolds… they can be tricky. But we’ll get ‘em!” He declared, standing up on the chair and brandishing an imaginary sword. (Thankfully, he left his real sword peace-bound in its scabbard). He thrust the imaginary sword forward to skewer his invisible foe. “Ya!”

“We’ll have that treasure in no time! Maybe we can find a red stone here somewhere for ya Taluna…” he wondered aloud. Surely the king had some great treasures. Would he miss one little gem? He was just cautious enough to not mention any plans of robbing the king in front of Pluvio.
Ariella (played anonymously)

What a wondrous place; In truth, Ariella hadn't expected Maester Donnegol to allow her to come. With all the orders that had come to the alchemy shop, with the remedies for summer allergies and yellow fever and the numerous sun screen concoctions by the bottle, both master and apprentice found themselves filling orders from dawn until dusk. When the little wood elf had awoken this morning to bring in firewood, Maester Donnegol was particularly cantankerous - before she had hardly set the branches within the hearth, the old mage had stuffed a long shopping list and a purse of gold into her satchel before he shuffled her towards the shop door.

"A list? But, Maester Donnegol, the shops are closed for the festival!" She had protested, eyeing the mammoth pile of empty potions bottles that still remained in their order box from yesterday.

"I don't care where you find them, but don't you come back before you do or I'll box those ears of yours straight into your head, ya hear!" And with that, the apothecary door slammed behind her and her masters slipped feet shuffled away back to this maple desk.

A walk over the riverland bridge and down the stone woodland path; here she was was, at last! The child scurried past the silk streamers and brilliant crimson banners, pinned together with beautiful bouquets of roses and golden daisies.

With the list of errands Maester Donnegol had given her for previsions, Ariella expected to be gone for nearly the entire day: A set of goose feather quills, freshly pressed parchment, moon jelly for several fortify potion orders, a bundle of lavender for a dwindling stock, an order for a gemstone necklace for a special enchantment. Perhaps she could even find some silver tea leaves to soothe her master's growing arthritis; the poor old man was always found sitting horribly hunched at a wood desk, his pointed nose buried deep in old, dusty books all day as he scribbled away furiously.

Oh, but the smells! She hadn't smelled such varieties of foods in all her life - sizzling honey ham and cinnamon apple pies, sided first with stews seasoned with peppered spices and jars of tart peach jams and piping hot braided bread drizzled with melted butter. The little elf scurried past one tent, where Dwarven cooks chatted boisterously among rows of grills slowly turned the sizzling, crackling meat over the fire pits.

Onward the little wood elf wandered, past an elven lady in golden armor she thought so beautiful it rivaled the sun - tall and graceful and beautifully scarred. She wondered what stories they must have; each, in her child's mind, a chapter in a grander book. She spotted a gnome scurrying into an ornate tent with a dark elf with eyes like two unmoving moons. How vast was this Solstice party? It seemed wherever she looked, there were only more to see! More to explore!

Ariella rustled through her satchel, pulling forth her master's grocery scroll and pulling the crimson ribbon that tied it. It unraveled into soft spirals upon the emerald grass as the little moon elf scanned the tasks requested of her. Where to begin?
Rockbreaker smiled broadly striking his chest with his fist proudly a couple of time

"We'll have that gobbled up in no time, ye?" quizzed the dwarf almost daring Master Bowen to an eating and drinking contest. Rockbreaker had an appetite of a starving hyena, always ravaging for food and seeking more right after.

He sat down to eat the stake and drink the home brewed ale, raising the tankard towards Rin in gratitude and friendship.
Once he had downed his drink, he laughed heartily at Mona's burp and teasing words, turning to his friend for conversation

"A right lass she is, innit?" quizzed Rockbreaker looking at Bowen
Once he finished the foods, he would be sure to pay visit to the blacksmiths and inspect what wares they had for sale.

"Did ye get a stall at all?" asked Rockbreaker off Master Bowen, wondering if the accomplished smithy had a wares for sale or not, certain the man's trickets were of the finest dwarven quality and detail, each of them a unique masterpiece to be had
Master Bowen (played by MasterWinter)

"Aye that we will my friend! Though don't think I'll prove much competition to you on eating and drinking. While I can fairly well hold on my own of drinking, you still out eat me like a starving warg! I'm still trying to cut some of this here rotundness from the last time you challenged me to eating." Bowen teased Rockbreaker.

A toast of Bowen's own was given to Rin, with his mug of ale in hand, before taking a good swig of the drink.

"Ah! Now that's the stuff!" Bowen pleasantly expressed.

He set his mug down and raised a white bushy brow to Rockbreaker.

"Not this time. I didn't make it in time to set one up. I was assisting my elf Captain friend, that Captain Wildwhisperer. You remember my telling you of her, yes? I was finishing up something for her to take with her back to Bruen, when the festival is done. She's here but taking in the sights on her own, while I detoured here. I tell you what though. I do have something for you that you might like, back in my room at the inn I'm staying at. I know you love your axes, but I crafted you special ones. One set for regular use, and one set for ceremonial purposes."
Guinevere Scarlet (played by Pantrane) Topic Starter

Gwen walked the grounds, ceremonial scabbard carrying a mostly decorative sword within. She was technically on guard duty as a Squire to Sir Vander, Earl of the Teal Isle. The Earl had wandered into the dwarf tent and knelt beside one of the smaller tables among some of the smithing dwarves he knew.

Her sharp amber hazel eyes were constantly scanning the environment around her. King Haar did not want any trouble occurring during the festival. She was also one of many soldiers strategically employed to protect order.

Her tunic carried the scarlet color of the kingdom’s forces. A crest featuring the symbol of the Kingdom was prominent on her shirt. She wore no armor, except for a heavy belt attached to her scabbard. Loose trousers were bloused out and over simple boots.

She spotted somebody young ho reminded her of herself. Gwen was concerned at first. Maybe the girl had become separated.Then she became even more curious. Gwen couldn’t help wonder what was on her list.

She approached slowly, not wanting to surprise the girl. “Hey”, she finally offered. “Can I help you find something?” She smiled warmly, trying to remember what her life had been like at that age.

“It can be hard to find something in such a crowded environment.” Guinevere tried to peek at the list in Ariella’s hand. “I’m Guinevere”, she told her. Gwen’s complexion was a deep reddish brown. She had dark freckles spread across the bridge of her nose and cheeks. Her hair was cut short and full of texture.
Bel-Urvon (played by Pantrane) Topic Starter

“Ah, indeed. A Queen. Of course!” If there was one thing Bel-Urvon couldn’t do, it would be hiding a blush. His cheeks first glowed a pale orange. Red slowly seeped more and more into his complexion. “I’ve just been so used to King Haar.” He heard her question about what he wanted to know about her unit. He just wanted to address his faux pas.

“Well I don’t want to ask a question that could be seen as intelligence gathering”, he said before smirking cautiously. “I was just wondering what life is within your organization.” Bel-Uvon turned for a second after his sharp elven ears picked up on Lady Guinevere’s voice. The ruddy high elf was relieved to see she was just helping a young visitor. The same symbol on Lady Guinevere’s tunic was emblazoned on a ceremonial cloth attached to the elf knight’s belt.
Imperfect Beauty (played by MasterWinter)

Briefly her attention turned to where Bel-Urvon was looking, spotting the soldier near by as he did. Seeing the look of relief, apparently knowing Guinevere. She would also take note of the symbols both wore, so it made more sense, to Fala, the two knew one another. Falathiel's attention went back to Bel-Urvon.

"It's an interesting experience, since I'm the only female. I had a difficult time at first, getting my fellow soldiers to see me as their equal. They thought I'd back out since it's not really a woman's place to be in the army. But I was a special individual, due to I took out an assassin who was trying to claim the life of one of the Prince's. Which is how I obtained my facial scars. In doing so I was granted the request of joining the Queen's army. Seeing that I was not going to back down, and kept proving myself, the men became accustomed to me and respect me as an equal. I quite enjoy my place as a Captain of the army and guard."
The Merchant of Death (played by Burrito)

A simple stall, with neutral colors and a dark green roof seemingly appeared near the center of the market. A large, pale orange rucksack dwarfed the small merchant, who was simply sitting there, setting up shop and laying out their wares. Weapons of all shapes and sizes glimmered in the sunlight, while jewelery hung from small racks on either side.

An array of weapons sat behind and next to the merchant, who was currently polishing them one by one. Studded clubs that shimmered with energy, gleaming blades from all across the world, and quite a few smaller, easily concealable weapons were laid out on the table in front of it. It's mask was hidden under a hooded brown cloak, while it's pale hands made sure that everything was neat and organised, as well as easily visible to any would-be customers. Finally, it set down a small wooden bowl, cracked and chipped from centuries of use, that would hold it's profit from any sales it made while it was here. It's stall was noticable, but not too flashy to draw unwanted attention.
Rin Kegsasunder (played by Pantrane) Topic Starter

Rin raised his mug in reply to his brethren before having a hearty gulp of the ale. “Cheers, lads!”

“I’m glad you enjoyed the steak and ale, fair lass”, Rin replied to Mona Lisa’s compliment on the dwarven cuisine. “Stop by any time”, he told her. “You can find me in the dwarven quarter of the city nearest here. We have a small brewery along the lake there.”

Guests from outside of Luvaria likely traveled here on ships. A major river to the east connects this settlement with other nations, some of which may be of the guests in attendance. The ocean was to the west of the settlement. Roads from both waterways met in a town called Avaeron. A set of roads led north from that city up to the Royal Meadows. It was here were events like the King’s Soirée were held.

There were a few roads from the north, but that would have been a much more harrowing trip. Trees often fell along the path, making travel tougher for horses and carts. It was also overgrown.

“Enjoy the festival”, the dwarf said while waving to Mona Lisa. Rin grabbed his wooden mug and took a drink.

His attention turned towards the mention of dwarven made weapons. “Dwarven metalworking is always appreciated. Could go for a few items meself. Never a bad time to purchase another ceremonial hammer, ye know?” Rin was always on a search for the next best hammer.

“Too bad you couldn’t get a stall set up, good lad”, Rin said to Master Bowen. “If ye do happen to find extra weapons you’d like to trade.. Head to the market center. There is an open space full of tables. It is here were one can find or sell almost anything.”

One could find anything from supplies like leather or wood to crystals and arcane items.
Master Bowen (played by MasterWinter)

Master Bowen would shift his attention to Rin.

"Ah, I'm not too worried I didn't get a stall set up. I do business quite frequently as it is. Missing a day is not that bad for me. But I'll be sure to do some business with ye when this is all done. I'm not sure what I have with me, aside from what I have for Rockbreaker, but if I do I'll be sure to bring it by to you. Other wise when I do get more crafting done, I'll be sure to stop by so we can do business."
Taluna (played anonymously)

"But that's part of the fun." Taluna whispered somewhat conspiratorially back to Jip, though really she wasn't trying to hide her voice at all either.

"I believe that's called bluffing?" The gnome girl shrugged her shoulders when the shadowy elf looking creature suggested using diplomacy. Taluna always preferred her Ripsaw Glaive or her magic to do the talking, but she would keep it in mind nonetheless.

Her composure was thoroughly lost when Pluvio announced that he saw Kobolds in their future however.

"Kobolds!!?" She cried out and pulled on her long hair. "OOooh!! I hate Kobolds!! I HATE LIZARDS!!" Even the thought of them nearly send her in a rage, the tattoos all over her body starting to glow with arcane power.

"Yeah! Let's! I am going to merc those scaly kind scum!!" She didn't care for the details at this point. Any kind of gem would do, and it could be procured in manner of way. Even if that involved robbing the king himself, she'd be all for it if she got to kill her favored foe.
King Haar the Fourth (played by Pantrane) Topic Starter

As things picked up at the fair, the late afternoon sun beamed down strong. Heat had been building since noon. Now the humidity from the nearby coast and lakes had really heated things up.

King Haar IV wiped his brow with an ornate cloth. There was only one person he could rely on at a time like this. He would contact his Royal Mage. He kept Pluvio in his cabinet for situations like this.

Not bothered with what Pluvio or his customers were doing, King Haar burst into the tent. A heavy crown rested across his forehead and temples. It was made of brushed gold, with mostly symbolic crystals. There were some diamonds and a few large rubies. He wore a ring of bold sapphire set in similar metal to the crown.

“Pluvio, my good man”, said the King as he approached. The elf stopped everything and bowed quickly towards the King. “The humidity is acting up. Can you do that thing again?”

“At once, your majesty.” Pluvio stood and moved to a counter in the corner of the tent. He returned with a labradorite slab and placed it down. Underneath it was a bowl with a pattern of concentric rings forming circles around the object.

He closed his eyes and began chanting in dark elvish. As he continued, the wind began to pick up in low altitudes. High above, guests would see clouds expanding as their tops rose like biscuit dough.

As his chants sped up, they began to darken. Pluvio fell deeper and deeper into meditation. The King was impressed. He spent great wealth learning the ways of the arcane. Haar is a mage as well. Since most of his talent was bought, his abilities were more raw than most mages. He still had a decent array of abilities.

Pluvio was a task mage centered around weather. He could influence patterns in the weather around him. As each chant increased his focus, Pluvio could connect better with the world around him. It seemed like magic to those around him, but it was more of a telekinetic system of weather manipulation.

The stone glowed as it magnified his ability. Soon one seemed to have taken over the others and darkened. “Almost there”, said the King.

A second or two later and the jagged sound of lightning cut through the sky. The bolt seemed to spread like a high net above them for a split second. The strike had the effect of burning up much of the humidity and providing a moment of shade. A cool breeze swept across the fairgrounds hard enough to ruffle most of the tents.

Pluvio immediately began fighting to reverse the weather conditions. He changed the pressure and fought to start breaking up the clouds with changes to the high winds. Now it should slowly start to warm back up bit without the humidity.

People outside might be confused with the sudden change in weather.

“Oh dear! I must have interrupted something.” He nodded to each gnome before starting to back away. His arrival had been sudden indeed. Now he appeared to be leaving just as quickly.
Ayah and her family (played anonymously)

Ayah sensed something off. The weather made her unsteady and fell when the the winds blew and she fell over. The fae went to ayah to check on her and who messed up there weather. Ayah coughed and sat up. “ what *going on?” She realized she tripped on her dress and ruined it. Ayah sighed at this point ayah was not sure what to feel. “ help please?”
Mona Lisa Rimbaud (played by LakotaSiouxWarrior)

Mona wandered the fair grounds til sundown. Then she mounted her horse and rode away. From up above the hill she rode up. Her horse stopped. As she took in the sights smells sounds one last time. As she was making the long journey back to paris.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Summer Soiree: The King's Solstice Party

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus