Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » Tam'nýer-a' Fantasy Oracle Deck on Kickstarter!

DorianM Topic Starter

Thank you Winter! <3
This, actually, gives me an idea. :D
MasterWinter

DorianM wrote:
Thank you Winter! <3
This, actually, gives me an idea. :D

8JFgdaq.gif

Glad to be of help how I can. ^-^
DorianM Topic Starter

mMkluX3.jpg

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

We have two new paintings and they are simply amazing! <3

We also have our first update, which I was terrified to make for some reason. We're putting soul into this project, and it feels so right, whether the Kickstarter itself succeeds or fails.

What I like best? If you look closely at the paintings, you will see that they are connected by light spilling from above and red lanterns with a golden symbol. In fact, this golden symbol is a combination of the sigils of Nýer—a' and Q'Tam'šmă and the lanterns are so amazing that I now want to make them happen in real life too, sometime in the future! :D

These details have been added by the artist because in the lore, Nýer—a' is considered Father of All, providing light, and his main celebration is tied to the beginning of the year when there is only one sun visible in the sky of Tam'nýer-a'. The entire celebration lasts a full week and offerings are made to him via floating lanterns, and wreaths of flowers in the sea as this display is translated to being the closest He can reach to his Lover. The horizon is known, amongst those who believe, as the Lover's Embrace.

Follow us on social media as well on Instagram for some very colorful posts, previews and snippets about our world, the campaign, the Oracle Deck and of course the Gods and Goddesses!
Hades_

This is such an amazing update and I'm looking forward to all our new lovelies we have coming.
DorianM Topic Starter

Day 5 of the Kickstarter campaign:

- we are still at 9% despite having gained 60 Kickstarter followers on top of our existing backers
+ I received encouragement and support from actual tarot professionals who used Kickstarter to fund successfully, which means we are doing something right :D
+ I started publishing on Medium after previously procrastinating for years, Growth Artist by Dorian Moreau is definitely going to be a thing going forward <3
+ I told two of my old real life friends about my role-playing RPR activities and shared my profile (I admit that I was terrified!)
+ I learned how to link Instagram to Pinterest (yay!)

and the day isn't over yet! :D

EDIT: Officially 10% funded, yay!!!
I was 90% sure I posted when this was first put up but for some reason it didn't go through, so here I am with a very condensed version of what I wrote some days ago:

I am so incredibly proud of all of you and this venture. I am so excited to see the final product and while I am not sure how much I can provide in financial support yet, I give you all of my emotional support and moral support, and love. This is wicked cool, so excited.
DorianM Topic Starter

MercyInReach wrote:
I was 90% sure I posted when this was first put up but for some reason it didn't go through, so here I am with a very condensed version of what I wrote some days ago:

I am so incredibly proud of all of you and this venture. I am so excited to see the final product and while I am not sure how much I can provide in financial support yet, I give you all of my emotional support and moral support, and love. This is wicked cool, so excited.

Thank you, Mercy! I've seen your little green heart "like" in the RPR Discord too! Your support means a lot to us! <3
MercyInReach wrote:

You are magical, Cupcake. Thank you so much. <3 I can't tell you how happy and relieving it is to see words of support. Sometimes we get so caught up in the work and the stress of working to promote it (among other things in life too) that it's just so nice to see something good and supportive. This means the world to me. I am so grateful for you. <3
MasterWinter

...Okay I'm not very good at these things, so don't be too harsh on critique.

Let's go, Tam'nýer-a'! Let's go! Let's go, Tam'nýer-a'! Let's go! Go, go! Tam'nýer-a'! Go, go! Go, go, Demi-San! Go, go, DorianM-San! Go, go, Tam'nýer-a'! T-a-m'n-ý-e-r-a'! Yay Tam'nýer-a'! Yay Tam'nýer-a'! WOOOOOO!!!!"

6AVqmIX.gif
Thank you so much, Winter! It seems to be that your song of cheer is doing wonders!

We're officially 17% funded!! <3 <3 <3
kpKAllz.jpg
MasterWinter

@Demi-San

CIWN9jt.gif

Gj009tJ.gif
DorianM Topic Starter

We're one week into our Kickstarter! :D

The GOOD: We have beautiful new art! <3 We've learned a HUGE lot about how Kickstarter works and social media as well! Mercy even made us a TikTok video! How awesome is that? We love you Mercy! <3 Also, I discovered that many people don't know what Kickstarter is, and also that if I send messages about the Kickstarter to the artsy types in my network I get awesome replies that jokingly compare Tam'nýer—a' with GOT, and potential new clients. Who knew? :D

The BAD: Progress is slow. Also, we're entering the dreaded lull period. We've talked about the possibility that we may simply have to re-launch with more art and more of an oomph, and maybe a video or two. We're not giving up, but we're trying to be realistic and I did promise you the real story! :D

The UGLY: The stress is starting to take its toll. Also, social media fatigue. Enough said.

The STUBBORN: Kickstarter finally gets us:

avRyjMH.png

Also, according to BackerKit, we're still on our way:

3j8dNP4.png

So wish us good luck and don't forget to share our page for a chance to win a free Oracle Deck if we make it through! <3
nEqvF40.jpg

We have a new preview for you guys and this one is a SNEAKY PREVIEW as you won't be able to see the reveal without be a Backer on our Kickstarter. Even $5 will get you access to all of our SNEAKY previews to come, so do be sure to sign up to see them!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tamnyera/tamnyera-a-fantasy-oracle

This stunning card is our dear collaborator Dorian's favourite card so far and it features Tam's God of Death & Reincarnation: Uu'krieuvan.

And for those of you keen on the details, I wonder if you can tell me something that you spy with your little eye that might tell you which other card Uu'krieuvan ties to that we launched earlier this week. <3
DorianM Topic Starter

5Z2cn0I.jpg
Day 11 Update:

- we're now at 23% so still too slow although we have gained more followers as well as backers
+ some more good feedback from tarot professionals
+ we've expanded our reach to more social media and networks, and learned A LOT

I also have a feeling that the day may reserve us some surprises.
drvWTbG.jpg VuF is here to remind you that you still have Time - okay the pun was awful and I'm only slightly sorry.

----

Shoutout to everyone who has shared our Kickstarter or contributed. Your love and support means more than words can convey. We are currently sitting at 24% funded and that is massive! ❤

Remember that if you want to see some of the cards, they will be Backer Only updates (SNEAKY PREVIEWS), so even $5 will let you see all the hidden ultra-secret content and for those that don't know - Kickstarter does not charge you right away! You're pledge to the Kickstarter campaign will only be charged IF

1. We reach the goal
and
2. Once the campaign ends on September 4th.

You can also CHANGE your pledge amount whether you decide you want a higher or lower REWARD tier at any time before the end of the campaign. 😉

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tamnyera/tamnyera-a-fantasy-oracle
DorianM Topic Starter

Day 14 Update:

We're 35% pushing towards 36%.
We have some new visuals to pretty up our reward tiers. :D

1YdU9T3.png
KumHN57.jpg Designing is hard! To truly capture something but not get carried away - phew!

After lots of debating, this is our preview for the cover of our Oracle Deck box. The Numerology symbol (which is on the back of the cards as well) has been made to look as though it's been actually stamped. Flora is a huge thing in Tam too, so flowers seemed extremely appropriate, but to explain to you why they aren't colourful - it is best to share some lore with you about a particular God;

Praq-hyukl' is the God of Earth (nature). Appearing white, completely devoid of colour as shi bleeds all hir colour, or in hir case "essence", into the plant & animal life shi houses. Of course, following this logic, Praq-huykl' also has no gender as not everything conforms to one or the other. As much as Praq-huykl' is a god of the earth (nature), they are also a god of ambiguity, having no true shape as well.

Therefore, Praq-huykl' can be depicted as someone's favourite flower or animal, essentially whatever they decide to depict Praq-huykl' as can be true to that individual.

This pervasive belief resonates deeply within everyone and every thing in our world as everything is subjective to an individual. We all have our own truths, and that is something simple, yet intricate; chaotic, yet beautiful.

PLEASE LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK & FOLLOW OR BACK US ON KICKSTARTER!
DorianM Topic Starter

Day 21 Update:

It looks like we'll have to re-launch, and do it better next time.
Having to re-launch is painful and it delays us, but at the same time we have learned some very important things:

1. Kickstarter is a numbers' game: did you know that the number of backers and the pledges during the first 48 hours can propel a project either to the top or to the bottom of the pile, via the platform's algorithms? It's both amount and number, so any pledge counts.

2. Kickstarter will protect your privacy: a project's creator will only get personal data when the project succeeds and they send you a survey to collect the information so that they can deliver the rewards. Supporting with a small pledge or only getting digital rewards can be 100% anonymous.

3. Project followers don't get updates, only backers do: That sucks, when you see you have 100 project followers but you cannot even send one little message to them. I checked, and there is no way.

We also learned a ton about marketing and social media, printing, other creative projects, and that the Loving Vincent 2017 movie was partially funded via a Kickstarter. How cool is that?

I also personally (1) joined seven major Discord servers for writing, roleplay and worldbuilding, with some very cool stuff, (2) learned that many people didn't know what Kickstarter or crowdfunding was, while others successfully started their business via Kickstarter, by way of successive campaigns where they delivered on their promises and gradually built a following, and (3) finally started my Growth Artist by Dorian Moreau passion project.

Rest assured that whatever happens we will be continuing our adventure - this Fantasy Oracle Deck wants to be born, and the art we have is simply too marvelous not to share with the world! <3
DorianM Topic Starter

Campaign cancelled for now, but re-launch planned!

I wanted to post again to publicly thank those of you who supported us, either by being a backer, sharing on social media, offering advice from your experience, or simply writing in DMs to offer moral support. Maybe this last bit has been the most appreciated by me personally as we went through the ups and downs of this steep learning curve that is a Kickstarter campaign. As a creative, putting yourself up there is hard, but it has enabled us to learn so much, past our comfort zones, and grow, in a short period of time.

One of my favourite philosophers is Emerson, and among the many lovely quotes is:

The mind, once stretched by a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions.

If you liked the art, and wanted to keep track of our progress, I invite you to follow us on Instagram. Thankfully, we received a donation outside of the Kickstarter campaign allowing us to progress on schedule with the art, and none of the backers will be impacted by the re-launch. PM Demi or I directly if you want to be part of the re-launch, we think it will happen mid-September when we'll have at least 50% of the art done.
DorianM Topic Starter

Hello RPR. So earlier this year we tried a Kickstarter campaign to finance the art for a beautiful Oracle Deck made of 32 Gods and Goddesses for our roleplay fantasy world Tam'nýer—a' - we had to cancel and regroup, but I am thrilled and proud to say that we managed to bootstrap the art and it's over 80% done now, so our re-launch should happen soon just for the printing costs. In the meantime, we are sharing some of the line art for people who love colouring. You can colour, share and tag us to support us if you like it! Thank you, and have a lovely holiday period! <3

v52fhrB.png

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » Tam'nýer-a' Fantasy Oracle Deck on Kickstarter!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus