Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » Tam'nýer-a' Fantasy Oracle Deck on Kickstarter!

Hello RPR Community!

Some of you may already be familiar with Tam'nýer-a', the homebrew fantasy world open to roleplay, created by Demilicious on RPR a little over three years ago; a true passion project, with original lore, fauna and flora, places and races, and its own myths and stories. The role-play group on RPR now has some 30-odd writers across the globe and over a hundred original characters. Because we are still growing, we have recently launched a separate lore website to keep the RPR group to manageable proportions, as well as our own private forums.

Tam'nýer-a' is now an incredibly rich world with multiple layers and something for everyone! There are bustling cities, and merchant vessels sharing the seas with pirate vessels. There are brothels, masters of glassblowing, and blacksmiths who act as alarm clocks for other residents in the great city of Püertagœ. In the background however, and through closed doors are fights for power. To top it all off, the Ṅkhya'jra, a fanatic race living reclusive in the northwest are just waiting to make the world burn in order to fulfil their destiny; re-birthing the Gods, no matter the cost. Indeed, out of the 32 original Gods & Goddesses, only two are still considered alive: VüƑ, God of Time, and his daughter Vojshā, Goddess of the Veil.

No matter where and who you are, however, the Gods and Goddesses of Tam'nýer—a' are paramount and viewed as transcendent truth. They define the world, their stories are eternal, and they touch and resonate with us as only myths can do. Their lessons are profound and multi-layered; they are compelling for the spiritual truth-seeker and the mundane-preoccupied alike. In other words, the perfect guides on our soul journey, allowing us to meditate and discover ourselves in all our beautiful complexity, but also to co-create our paths. Or, as we say in Tam'nýer—a', allowing us to “make our own tapestry”.

This is why, to honour them and help bring them back to life in our own way, we will launch next week our very own

kickstarter-logo-png-transparent.png

This is to help fund original digital paintings by an outstanding artist with a flair for the mythological!

ZCjZrGG.png fd4fb7_4abda56616734540b3eaf7a96c37becd~mv2.png

Now, seeing as our Kickstarter isn't live yet, we do invite you to check out the Kickstarter page on our Official Website if you want more information. We will also post updates here and share the journey!

This will be a special Oracle deck of 32 cards depicting each of the Gods and Goddesses. As a part of this project, we have designed our own spreads for readings, as well as meanings for whether upright or reversed, as the classic Tarot does. Ultimately, the Tam'nýer—a' Fantasy Oracle deck can be used both for mundane readings and spiritual ones.

If you love Tam'nýer-a', myths, oracles, tarot cards or creative projects in general, we ask that you please check out and share our Kickstarter when we launch! Every little bit helps! <3

If you also want to be a patron and help us make the project happen, your support would be extremely appreciated! <3 However, we know that times are hard, and it's not why I posted this here. Sharing is free, and it also supports the RPR community indirectly because it spreads the word about creative projects being built / started here.

Thank you! <3
Mipps

This.... is amazing!

I am totally going to put down for one of these decks.

The art is GORGEOUS! You chose the artist well!
Having been part of Tam'nýer-a' in the past, I know how rich the mythology and lore is. In truth you could make a whole story with art weaved in or even a D&D style mechanics book. so I am STOKED to see beautiful merch finally coming up!

W9Hq.gif
DorianM Topic Starter

Mipps wrote:
This.... is amazing!

Having been part of Tam'nýer-a' in the past, I know how rich the mythology and lore is. In truth you could make a whole story with art weaved in or even a D&D style mechanics book. so I am STOKED to see beautiful merch finally coming up!

W9Hq.gif

Thank you Mipps! <3

I have never found an oracle deck which truly called to me, and I am over the moon that we are trying to make this happen. The artist has an incredible feel for mythology and this will be an emotional August for us as things unfold. But we are ready for the adventure! :D

Also, the fact that we have community and people cheering us on is priceless. <3
Mipps wrote:
This.... is amazing!

W9Hq.gif

Ahhh, Mipps!!! Thank you so much, Sweetheart! Your words and support mean the world to me. I am always grateful for you and all that you do. <3 <3

To add to the art-gasm (if I may be so bold), we just got the first batch of art done, and with now you all can see how the border will look as well. I am over the moon excited for the Kickstarter to launch! <3
JmoEJRt.jpg

Here you can read the Creation Myth thanks to the three brothers above:

CREATION MYTH (Y’ljnöx; Y’l, Jn, Öx);
Y'ljnöx are the Brothers born of Sea and Sky; Y'l the eldest, Jn, and Öx. As is the story with most siblings they loved and pranked each other equally, till Jn, intoxicated beyond reasoning, decided on a winter's eve to take from their parents a piece of heart. Doing this on the pretense that he would literally share a piece of their parents' love with his brothers, he brought it to Öx and Y'l telling them he found something for them to try.

On a whim, and eager for Öx & Y'l's reaction, Jn lit the piece of heart on fire for Öx and Y'l to smoke. Expecting the two to be filled with love, admiration, and gratitude, Jn kept offering it to his brothers, without realizing that it was slowly killing his beloved siblings. Eventually, Öx and Y'l collapsed, past all reasoning and hope of being brought back as the only thing that could kill the Brothers was being inundated; and with what more than their parents' love?

The issue was that they already possessed their parents' love and that their parent's heart was not something that they had rights to take and alter. Them extinguishing the piece of heart for their own pleasure and enjoyment that was not their own showed a fatal level of greed.

But all was not lost in the way that with the brothers' death, Jn had to approach his parents and tell them what happened. Out of anger and heartbreak Sea and Sky killed their only remaining son allowing his remains to fall to Tam'nýer—a'. Breaking apart on impact, Jn's physical body became the various land masses in Tam'nýer—a''s oceans. Losing everything apart from each other, Sea and Sky laid down side by side to remain forever. Still very much in love with one another they decided to lay like this to keep themselves from ever laying together again as it only produced pain in the end, but to always remain close.
Cass Moderator

The art for this Tarot deck looks wonderful! I'm glad you're perusing your dreams towards bringing your thoughtful creations through roleplay to a physical form. :) Best of luck at your launch.
DorianM Topic Starter

Cass wrote:
The art for this Tarot deck looks wonderful! I'm glad you're perusing your dreams towards bringing your thoughtful creations through roleplay to a physical form. :) Best of luck at your launch.

Thank you Cass! <3

We are so eager to launch and over the moon at the artist's interpretation of the Gods and Goddesses so far!
As we share our journey, hopefully this will serve to encourage the RPR community as well, there are so many talented people here. <3
Cass wrote:
wonka5.gif

I think that stands for everyone here on the RPR. ;)

Thank you, Cass.
Hades_

I am so excited for our kickstarter. <3
DorianM Topic Starter

We are live! <3 <3 <3

Check out our Kickstarter page!

bpavEDi.png

Sooo excited! Come seeee!!! :D
and share freely with anyone who may be interested! (pretty please!!! <3)
Mipps

Wooo I am in!

giphy.gif
Mipps wrote:
Wooo I am in!

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Thank you!!!! <3 <3 <3
DorianM Topic Starter

The BEST thing about this Kickstarter campaign - and we're just entering our second day, I should keep a journal :D - is that I learned and discovered so much already.

IRL, I am somewhat of a social media recluse, yet I have recently started a new business which requires me to put myself so much more out there among people from a completely different background, and be more active and visible. It's slow, and there are mornings where I want to crawl back into my bed until it's too late in the day to pretend I am doing anything productive, yet the only way forward is through. Same for the Kickstarter, same for everything worthwhile.

Those who know me are somewhat aware of my interests, which include sidereal astrology, ancient Runes (Old Futhark), psychology and Jung's archetypes and tarot. I am fascinated by the history of spiritual beliefs, but also magic and quantum physics (which frankly IS magic). There is so much more to this world than we know in our small bubbles, and maybe this period of crisis and turmoil is simply GROWTH. Painful, not without pruning, but still growth. There is a reason why Demilicious and I felt a push to make the Oracle Deck happen sooner rather than later, and ready or not, we are going to do our damn best to make it happen, learning and growing in the process too. <3
Ahh! Amazing news! We are officially 5% funded! Thank you to everyone who is supporting us right now. We couldn't do it without you. <3

NwFovrO.jpg
DorianM Topic Starter

hgRnI9P.jpg
We're going to have a bigger update soon with two wonderful new paintings we received from the artist yesterday, but in the meantime I am gathering impressions from actual tarot practitioners over the back cover / layout and design of the cards, and YAY !!! so far the feedback from the Tarot Professionals group on Facebook has been positive!

Our 3rd Kickstarter day just started, and I am looking forward to see what else it will bring! :D

Happy Friday everyone! <3
Novus

Oh wow, that art though! @_@
I wish I wasn't unemployed and had some extra dinero to toss your way.
Novus wrote:

Aww, thank you so much, Novus! <3 Even though you don't have funds, your support means a lot. I'm really glad you like the art. Thank you so much! <3
DorianM Topic Starter

Novus wrote:

Thank you!!! The art is truly lovely and we are over the moon with the new paintings as well! You will be able to see our progress here in this thread and in the group itself here, as we update our journey, and your support and appreciation means a lot, even without the dinero. <3 Even for the Kickstarter campaign itself, because the times are hard, we designed the rewards system to have backers from literally any amount.

If you'd like to share, if you think any of your friends or groups may be interested, please feel free! It will help us spread the word! :D
MasterWinter

I might have missed it when I looked at the Kickstarter page couple of times, but is there a Facebook link somewhere for sharing? I'll share it on my FB page if nothing else.

I too wish I wasn't having to be like a constrictor with my funds, but alas it is the way of life right now.

Best wishes on this journey.
DorianM Topic Starter

Winters_Fury wrote:
I might have missed it when I looked at the Kickstarter page couple of times, but is there a Facebook link somewhere for sharing? I'll share it on my FB page if nothing else.

I too wish I wasn't having to be like a constrictor with my funds, but alas it is the way of life right now.

Aw, thank you so much Winter! <3 You know, just sharing is actually enormous support, because who knows who may see the link? Life is full of synchronicity like that! <3

This is the live Kickstarter page here!
MasterWinter

DorianM wrote:
Winters_Fury wrote:

Aw, thank you so much Winter! <3 You know, just sharing is actually enormous support, because who knows who may see the link? Life is full of synchronicity like that! <3

This is the live Kickstarter page here!

BPcdH8p.jpg

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » Tam'nýer-a' Fantasy Oracle Deck on Kickstarter!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus