Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » Awesome Iron Artist INCOMING

So, one of my favorite artists is doing an Iron artist.

http://orange-art.weebly.com/iron-artist.html The link to their Iron artist. Their art can be found :-

Here and Also here.

Go forth and getcha artsie stuff my loves <3
;w; You are the sweetest! ♥
Oh man <333
I would like to point out that after reading this person's terms, you will have to be very liberal about what you want as he/she is going to take wide liberties with whatever information you give them.

"What do I mean by Artistic Freedom?
This means that I can take creative liberties on your commission.
Sure, I am asking for what you would LIKE to see, but that doesn't mean your commission will be to that exact specification. I will also not allow any edits to the picture overall."

Be prepared when it comes to that last part. No changes. They will ask what you like, but you may not get it. On something you paid for. Additionally, map out the costs before commissioning, as you can pay upwards of ten dollars just to have a limb or pair of wings added.

All in all, not fond of this artist's terms. Experimenting on the part of the artist should never be at the expense of the commissioner. :(
Tetttiva Topic Starter

That's why it is an iron artist: A challenge to do 100 pieces of art. Constantly going through edits and the like would slow it down and put the challenge to a standstill.

i am pretty sure edits to make the character look 'correct' are fine: Edits, however, on composition if given a theme or something, are probably not. Just my two cents.
AgentMoore wrote:
I would like to point out that after reading this person's terms, you will have to be very liberal about what you want as he/she is going to take wide liberties with whatever information you give them.

Sure, I am asking for what you would LIKE to see, but that doesn't mean your commission will be to that exact specification. I will also not allow any edits to the picture overall."

Be prepared when it comes to that last part. No changes. They will ask what you like, but you may not get it. On something you paid for. Additionally, map out the costs before commissioning, as you can pay upwards of ten dollars just to have a limb or pair of wings added.

All in all, not fond of this artist's terms. Experimenting on the part of the artist should never be at the expense of the commissioner. :(
Thank you for pointing that out, Agent Moore. c:

While yes, I do not allow overall edits I DO include on my iron artist page that I will not, in any way, get your character wrong. So, of course, I do allow edits to make sure that your character is -correct-. But if you ask for your character to be sitting in a very static position, I might change it up and make it a bit more dynamic, since the point of my Iron Artist challenge is to do just that, challenge myself! When I say I reserve the right to creative liberty, I don't mean I'm going to give you something you're dissatisfied with. If the commissioner is upset about something, I'll work with them directly to make sure they're satisfied, so don't assume that because I will have 'artistic freedom' and will not allow edits overall, that I won't work with them to make sure that they're satisfied and feel as if the investment was worth it. I'm really chill about things like this, and I probably should have clarified that better on my site, which I will do now~

If you want to talk about it further, just message me about it. c:

But that's why I have a Terms of Service, so people know what to expect and they're not surprised or thrown a curve ball c: That's also why I listed all of the prices, as well. It's not uncommon for artists to charge an additional fee based on increased character complexity. And what artist never experiments or tries something new on a commission (Or personal art) to help better themselves? (I also let commissioner's know if I'm trying something new, and if they like it. c: If not, I don't go with it!) If you did the same thing over and over again, sure, you'd get better (whether it's with anatomy or improving on your own style) but if you didn't step out of the box from time to time you wouldn't really take the strides needed to increase your improvement tenfold- that's the point of my iron artist challenge!

I'm sorry if you don't agree with my terms- if you don't agree with them it's as simple as not commissioning me. c: I've already gotten a few people interested, and hopefully these first ones will help prove to those with doubts that it isn't as bad as you make it out to be!

I promise- I don't bite! ♥
Yay so I don't hit text limits, since I think there is one! ;w;

I also want to point out that, as an artist who is also a commissioner, and have commissioned several artists in the past, I much prefer giving artists 'creative freedom' on my commissions. For an artist, working without so many restrictions is actually very refreshing and inspirational. c:

Times where I've asked for something specifically and didn't want to budge versus times where I've said 'do what you like'- My satisfaction at the end was higher on commissions where I allowed the artist to do what they pleased based on what I would 'like to see', giving them something to build on and shape into something they felt I would be satisfied with. c: In the end, it was pleasurable for both parties.

Then again, it's different from artist to artist. Some artists work better when they've given a clear idea in mind with specific rules. I, however, am not one of those artists, as are most artists I've come across who take commissions.
And Orange's challenges have been pretty fantastic, I've paid her for art in the past and it was fantastic and pretty wonderful what I got back! She's also very open about talking to, (and giving advice when my own block hits!!)

<3 <3 <3 Just saying folks, she's worth commissioning!!!
I will also vouch for Orange. Great artist, great friend.

You cannot go wrong with commissioning her.
Kim Site Admin

Orange wrote:
Yay so I don't hit text limits, since I think there is one! ;w;

You were nowhere near them. They're pretty massive for forum posts. :)

Good luck on the iron artist! I'm very impressed!
AgentMoore wrote:
Experimenting on the part of the artist should never be at the expense of the commissioner. :(

This is actually enormously common in the art world! :) People pay big money to get the artist's best take, over and above what they asked, on the assumption that the artist is the expert in art and should be allowed to add the sort of value they are best at assessing.

It isn't as common for illustrators, though, which is what most RP art commissions basically are.
Alexandra (played by Angie)

Orange is AMAZING. I have commissioned her a couple times and am doing it again! This girl is a sweetheart and just absolutely fun to talk too if normal conversation is made, and she is even patient! One of the things I like about her is that she constantly updates with me, it is so nice that she does that compared to some artists I've commissioned before who I've not heard a word from.

Now I am aware the Iron Artist and regular commissions are different, but I can assure everyone that she is definitely worth it, and when I get more money she will be the first person I will go to for more art! =D
Tetttiva Topic Starter

Exactly! Well said, Alexandra n.n
Oh my god, you guys. ;w; I feel so blessed that you guys are saying such sweet things about me! -cries-

I look forward to working with you again, Alex! ♥

And thank you for clarifying Kim, I won't be afraid of limits! xD
Alexandra (played by Angie)

AgentMoore wrote:

I love how she does the artwork, and am very impressed that she managed to make Alexandra look more alive. She BARELY had any artwork to go off of for me (three at most and two were still a work in progress). So in a way she was "experimenting" with this character (rather than setting, more developing) and now with the help of her beautiful artwork and a touch of my friends magical rpr making skills, my RPR looks great and so does my character.

I am very pleased to have commissioned her, like I said, so I am sure there is nothing to worry about!
Tetttiva wrote:
Exactly! Well said, Alexandra n.n
Thank you! I just wanted to throw in my two cents to help out! c:
Orange wrote:
Oh my god, you guys. ;w; I feel so blessed that you guys are saying such sweet things about me! -cries-

I look forward to working with you again, Alex! ♥

And thank you for clarifying Kim, I won't be afraid of limits! xD
I look forward to it too! ♥
Ah man, I wish I could afford this. Will you be sharing the finished pictures here? I would love to see! :)
Yes, of course Loki! ♥ However, some pictures will not be posted here due to their nature, but I will post everything I can! c:

The very first piece is done and what a way to kick this off! To be honest, I've never really drawn a man before, so I was intimidated, but I think for a first time I did well! c: The most I've ever done when it comes to male figures are really silly sketches that I quickly gave up on and deleted without saving. ;w;

OXO7nrW.png
Ooh! That is cool Orange! You did a really great job :)

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » Awesome Iron Artist INCOMING

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus