Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Gritty medieval low fantasy, war themes (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

The Hanged Man (played anonymously) Topic Starter

Joseph Gisborne wrote:
What about Joesph?
The aesthetic fits better, but he doesn't seem to be medieval either? I'm assuming you can RP him as a medieval character but I'd like to hear more about him in that context. And it looks like he knows Venerio. It might be neat to work that dynamic into this RP, if the both of you are comfortable with that!

Enthlyi wrote:
I was wondering if this character might be a good addition, if acting as a mercenary. I will, of course, assume that some of his more fantastical traits are not present. I don't want to say what that might be, but there are hints in the profile. Needless to say, he will not be like that. He would just be a soldier of fortune and archer.

I figure it'd make sense for him to be sorting through the bodies if he's on the attacker's side (being an archer and all). But honestly, I usually put him on whatever side of a conflict that's losing. So I guess it could go either way, he could be present on either side. That and his lowborn status means I don't have to worry about the big details like I tend to with noble characters.

Also I read that you said it was full; I wasn't sure if you were still anticipating me to suggest a character though, so no worries if I posted too late.
Yeah, I was still hoping you'd want to pop in! Also, to be clear, I'm fine with some fantastic or unexplained elements, I just want them to mostly take a back seat. At least at this early point in the RP.

It seems like all the action is gonna be in the aggressors' camp for now, so I'm seeing two good possibilities: Enthlyi was fighting on Hangman's side and also was taken prisoner, or he is fighting on the aggressive side and is going through the bodies, or is back at the camp. If you have other ideas, I'm all ears!
Enthlyi (played by Iltheyn)

Certainly having him search for survivors is more realistic/practical, but I get more a kick out of him being a POW himself. And it seems like the other folks joining are going to be on the side of the aggressors, so having Enth as an injured defender may help to even the numbers in the rp a little. Hmmm.... He also may make more jokes if he feels he needs to talk his way out.

I'm leaning towards prisoner.
Hey THM, I was just wondering if you saw my idea from earlier
Fahvele Eras (played anonymously)

I'm pretty interested in this RP idea! I was thinking I could join in as someone who just had his land basically annexed by the attackers and was simply scrounging up whatever scraps of valuables he could find or could be another prisoner brought to the carts like the Hanged Man already has been. It's possible he was caught looting and was taken prisoner as a result. What do you think?

Enthlyi wrote:
Certainly having him search for survivors is more realistic/practical, but I get more a kick out of him being a POW himself. And it seems like the other folks joining are going to be on the side of the aggressors, so having Enth as an injured defender may help to even the numbers in the rp a little. Hmmm.... He also may make more jokes if he feels he needs to talk his way out.

I'm leaning towards prisoner.
This sounds good to me!

TheNightmareSavage wrote:
Hey THM, I was just wondering if you saw my idea from earlier
Shoot dude, sorry, I missed it! Musically-inclined characters eh? Like a bard following the war to get inspiration for his next ballad, or something?

Fahvele Eras wrote:
I'm pretty interested in this RP idea! I was thinking I could join in as someone who just had his land basically annexed by the attackers and was simply scrounging up whatever scraps of valuables he could find or could be another prisoner brought to the carts like the Hanged Man already has been. It's possible he was caught looting and was taken prisoner as a result. What do you think?
I like the look of the character, but I think we are full up, sorry :( If I decide down the road that we could use some more players, I'll PM ya.
Fahvele Eras (played anonymously)

Ah damn, no worries though! I'd be interested in seeing how this goes!
Yeah! I have the perfect character for it too. His nickname is Maestro since he has a talent at mastering instruments

TheNightmareSavage wrote:
Yeah! I have the perfect character for it too. His nickname is Maestro since he has a talent at mastering instruments

Awesome! :D I imagine he is hard at work keeping up morale in the camp, getting stories from the battles and soldiers to compose new songs, etc. Maybe he even joins the battle sometimes as a drummer/piper to help drive the troops forward. Up to you! Feel free to post in!
Awesome! I'll have my response out tonight!

I posted. Just wanted to let you guys know that Enth is desperate but he's not really a good melee fighter, so... reply as you will.
Enthlyi wrote:
I posted. Just wanted to let you guys know that Enth is desperate but he's not really a good melee fighter, so... reply as you will.

let's see, rolling dice for perception/evasion
rolled 1d10 and got a natural 6.

Would you like me to roll here as well?

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Gritty medieval low fantasy, war themes (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus