Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Trick or Treat: Alys Avery

Alys Avery (played by RedPandaFox)

((Hadn't used her for a while, so I thought I would give her some time ^^))

Alys was sitting just inside her house, wearing a blue, light purple, and grey scarf around her neck, with a Harry Potter uniform on. She had decided to do something she never had this year for a costume, so this was what she came up with.

Her house had a nice porch with stairs leading up to it. On each of those stairs was a carved pumpkin that had a candle inside of it. The image carved into each of the pumpkins, wasn't a typical face, but instead they were animals-rabbits, ravens, cats, there was even one with a dragon image.

Alys lived on a hill, which was convenient because it gave her the perfect opportunity to use a decorative Halloween trick. She had cut ovals out of Styrofoam and spray painted them with different cute saying. For example, one of them said 'Myra Mains' and one 'Anita Shovel'. She loved creating them, and thought they were normally a cute thing to put outside. Also, on the porch were a few fake spiderwebs.

She had left the porch light on so that everyone would know she was ready for trick or treaters.
The first trick-or-treater to arrive did not come from her from porch. Instead, the television set inside turned itself on, and after some digital distortion revealed a formless white sheet with eyeholes cut out of it. There would come a tap from the screen, as if from inside of the screen, then the figure shoved and shoved until the screen stretched and distorted from the pressure.

The speakers would then play the words, "Newfangled digital media," in a straining, tennor voice. Finally, the white-sheet specter burst from the screen, ricocheting around the room until it crashed out the window. A moment of quiet would pass before the doorbell would ring.

All that noise and drama for a boy wearing a white sheet over his body.
Stephanie (played anonymously)

Stephanie had dressed up for Halloween this year as one of her favorite Star Trek characters ... Yeoman Janice Rand. She had enough hair to braid up, and she managed to get a classic red Star Trek Original series outfit from a cosplay shop.

With her own party canceled due to her mom not leaving town as planned, Stephanie spent the evening wandering around the neighborhood. One of the places that caught her eye was the house up the street toward the highland. It had some cool pumpkins and the saying were cute. Stephanie went up to the door and knocked.

When they would open the door they would find Stephanie standing there saying 'treak-or-treat!'
DrrNOkN.jpg
Alys Avery (played by RedPandaFox) Topic Starter

Alys's eyes widened as the boy popped out of the television screen. "U-um." She said uncertainly. "Hello. I'm guessing you're here for trick-or-treating?" She decided he was. "Have some candy." She said with a giant smile, as she held out the bowl of candy. "You can have a few pieces."

After observing the boy for a moment, she posed a question; "Do you always show up at houses like that? It seems rather frightening. Don't you scare some people?" Considering for the first time, that it was the point her face lit up. "Ohh is that why you do it? That seems smart I suppose. Fun kind of."

Alys went to open the door when someone knocked on it. She smiled at the beautiful costume. "I love your costume." She said kindly. "Aren't they from Star Trek? I can never remember the names."

She held out the bowl of candy. "Here, you can take a few pieces for your trouble. Thanks for coming to my house, I've only gotten a few visitors so far."
Stephanie (played anonymously)

"Oh I love these! Thanks!" Steph said as she took a couple of the candies. She didnt expect anyone to be as geeky as she was when it came to Star Trek. "I love your decorations by the way. You have a good night!" Stephanie immediately ate one of the candies as she walked back to the street.
Alys Avery (played by RedPandaFox) Topic Starter

"Of course." Alys replied with a smile. "Have a good night!"
After visiting the Star Trek theme house, Grace had decided to skip a few until one managed to catch her interest. She tried to not make things too late as she wanted to be able to catch up with her friends at the club later on, but when she saw the carved pumpkins with candles on the steps that led to this house's porch, she couldn't help herself.

She turned towards those steps and made her way up on them, looking at each of the pumpkins and the beautifully carved animals that were made in them before she reached the porch. There she stood, pumpkin bucket in her hands in front of her while dressed as Daphne from Scooby Doo to the best of her ability. None of it was an official costume though, she was just lucky enough to have had a purple dress that looked like Daphne's and she'd found a green scarf laying around that matched perfectly. The headband was one she'd worn before on casual days and her hair was all natural, just styled to give the illusion of the famous character's bangs.

A quick look was casted at the styrofoam decorations before she looked at the door in front of her and a perfectly manicured finger reached out, gently pressing the doorbell to alert the house's owner of her arrival.

She adjusted her glasses, which didn't really match the costume. She had to put them on in between houses as her eyes weren't fond of contact lenses. Still, she hoped they wouldn't take away from her persona. Maybe she should've went with Velma instead?

Patiently, she waited for the door to be opened for her, only to beam and cheer "Trick or treat" when it ultimately would.
Having waited for a while, she noticed the door didn't open for her. Perhaps it had gotten too late and the owner of the house had already went to bed? Grace wasn't sure but it saddened her a little and given that her friends would be waiting for her at the club, she figured it'd be best if she'd leave.

Turning on the porch, she made her way back towards the street and took off, aiming to make her way to the club as soon as possible.
Flara tried the next house. She tightly gripped her bag handle, nervous as a mouse, and knocked quickly, flinching as she expected something.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Trick or Treat: Alys Avery

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus