Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Trick or Treat: Nasr Varethar

Maddie Angevin (played by RedPandaFox)

"Stories...." She echoed, not paying attention to the boys. "I have a story." She grinned wickedly. "It's a loove story, but I can make it creepy." She smiled, and it would seem slightly sad to the boys. But was excited to share this story-she had never done it yet.

"If you guys want to hear, that is. I could make up a ghost story, or a creepy pumpkin story too."
Nasr Varethar (played by LunarValravn) Topic Starter

" You could make a love story creepy?" He jumped up to the railing and tipped his head. " That sounds interesting and uh...what is a pumpkin?"

Fog crept over the floor when he beckoned to something unseen. Faces of tormented souls appeared in it and green flames manifested around them. " We can see your story come to life with this"

Maddie's eyes traced Nasr as he spoke. "A pumpkin is like a fruit that you can carve into faces. And all love stories are creepy all the time."

She watched the souls with interest. "Like a play? They 'll act out my story?"

He looked at his talons as he pictured carving a face into a fruit. Would others be less afraid with fake skulls around?

" Yeah" He replied. A spirit took the shape of a mangled human when Nasr touched it. " The more clear the image is in your head, the better they can mirror the forms. Give it a try. Ladies first after all" The dream form faded when he bowed, leaving him human-like once more.
Shinigami (played by Great7)

No. I love romances so I hate anything that kills a good romance. So yeah, I'm going to go steal your gold I mean check out your ghuted castle", he said backing up avoiding the spirits

Maddie grinned, ignoring Shinigami. The fog intrigued her, and she tried thinking of a Maine Coon cat, watching one prance towards her out of the fog. She crouched down to touch it, her hand going through it. "That's so amazing." She cleared her throat. "Okay. It starts with a typical romance."

A few vague human images would rise out of the fog and she shook her head for a moment. All but one dissipated, but the one who remained had his features cleared. He had fiery, short red hair. A lopsided grin framed his face bordering on a smirk. He had bright brown eyes.

Maddie looked at him with a sad smile, before continuing to talk. A smaller, teen Maddie appeared next to him. "This is Maddie. Obviously, you already know her. The boy next to her is Luke. Maddie and Luke lived very far away from each other. One day, Maddie moved to the town that Luke lived in. Maddie had been used to being the smartest where she used to live-and Luke threw a wrench in her workings. Luke seemed to be just as smart as Maddie. She was upset. She lashed out. She ignored Luke, and spurned all of his friendly advances, retorting instead with snippy comments."

The fog mimed the two walking around, and Luke approaching Maddie multiple times. "But in spite of this, Luke was never once rude or unkind to Maddie. He was always nice." She looked around to see how well her story was being received.

He disappeared into the fog looking around the castle for items. He tapped his shoulder a few times then went back to them, "yeah I don't want to get lost so i will stick with you"

While the cat was formed, Nasr sat down and rested his head on his hand. " I would not open those other doors right now. Why not share a tale of your own when she is done?" He glanced at Shinigami, with a devious grin, for a moment then refocused on the fog.

Each image was studied as they moved about. " women are so stubborn" He said with a smile. " What happened next?"

She smiled at Nasr. "A few years passed, two to be precise, and Luke never stopped being kind to Maddie. Maddie never even noticed how kind he was being until one day. It was the last day of a school year, and one of the teachers was letting everyone sit wherever they'd like to." 20 or so more fog figures rose, some having vague facial features. They were all chatting with someone, and there were 6 tables situated throughout the room. "Maddie had never been particularly popular...she wasn't not popular per say, but she was the kind of person who could be acquaintances with everyone. She had people she could start a conversation with in a room, but she was never first pick." Maddie walked into the wispy room and looked around. All of the tables were taken except for one spot left with a group of boys. There was one empty table left.

Maddie after a moment sat down at the empty table. "She never showed that it bothered her. Luke, on the other hand was the popular of popular. He was a top pick for everyone because he was kind, good at sports, and everyone thought he was good looking." She laughed for a moment. "Cliche." She turned her head to look at the doorway as Luke entered the room. The table of boys beckoned to him-they had saved him the spot at their table. He paused for a moment, and then sat down at Maddie's table. "That was the first time Maddie noticed him."

The fog people and room disappeared, the fog falling to the floor and moving around their feet. Maddie focused, and a slightly older Maddie appeared. "The next year at school, Maddie couldn't help but notice Luke. Her eyes found him everywhere. Perhaps he had noticed, because they shared a few glances here and there. Maddie tried to stop being so harsh to him. They hardly ever spoke. Maddie realized what her feelings towards him were, and kept silent. She had time she thought." Luke disappeared, and a table appeared with 3 other people and Maddie. "Maddie's father got a job offer that year after school. They were moving to a different state."

"She never got to say goodbye." The entire ghost scene was devoured with fog, like a giant wave that swallowed up the family. Maddie took a deep breath, her mind racing. "That's where the creepy part starts." A faint smile flickered across her features.

He looked at her with a blank face as the story continued. He walked over to Nasr and whispered to his ear, "she's going to keep going even if we try to stop her isnt she", he said, "you can swallow me till the Tory ends"

Maddie scowled at Shinigami. "Fine, I'll shut up." She crossed her arms and a big wave of fog crashed into him. She hoped it was cold. "Why don't you tell us a story?" She tried to seem as if she wasn't bothered, but the images of her story were still floating around in her head.

Oh yes. Have you heard the story of the man who killed his friends for a gold coin. It goes likw this", he said as the ghost began to hover above revealing a giant goblin and a man the size of its foot, " a dying man had a dying wife. He didn't want her to die so he decided to go to the devil and exchange his life for hers. The devil promised him a gold coin to be able to save her so he took the coin. On it were the faces of his friends that lived with him and were also dying. He knew what it meant. For his wife to live then all had to die. He knew they would be willing to go for it so he accepted this deal", he said as the most showed a coin dropping from the devil to the man

"Mmm." Maddie said, trying to become invested. It sounded creepy enough, scary enough for a story. She leaned forward slightly.

Sounds nice right but guess what happened. His wife and friends died the next day. Angry he went backo the devil and demanded an explanation. But this time he met the real devil", he said as the goblin changed to that of a humanoid creature with horns sitting down watching the man, "the devil told him he was tricked by another demon that the coin had no use other than to show proof of murder. He devil then angered by the man's attitude toward him killed the man on his sleep the next day and now the man faces the punishment for murderers because he killed his friends for one gold coin", he said with a grin, "so how did you story end"

The strange objects that appeared in Maddie's tale held Nasr's interest. What were they and what was the purpose of where her characters were. Before he could say anything, the fog moved. He dared not move with the tension that built.

A chill ran through Nasr with the tale. It felt real with how obsessed Shinigami was with gold. " You could have let her finish first but...that is eerie"

With a sigh, he turned back to Maddie. " Sorry about that. Please, continue"

What she asked for a tale and a tale I gave. Not lik it wasn't a good one. Was it that bad, I came up with it myself just now", he said looking at each of them.

" No, no, It was a good story. Especially one created out of the blue" He looked to Maddie now and waited patiently.

"I guess I can continue." She said grudgingly after a minute. "It was a very good story Shinigami." Maddie said politely, looking at him. Different random images floated through the fog as Maddie collected her thoughts. What's next? "Right after both Luke and Maddie graduated high school, Maddie got an email from an unknown number." The next few words that she spoke appeared in the fog, floating above the rest. "Hello. I know you, and you know me. I want to meet. Maddie had absolutely no idea who this was, so she sent back an email saying 'who is this?' the next day she got a reply just saying I know you, and you know me. Meet me at the church you go to, tomorrow night. Every Sunday, Maddie went to church with her family. That must must be it, she decided."

I feel like I know where this is going but I still want to hear jt", he said sitting on the floor

More strange images and words. He tipped his head as he tried to figure them out. What else would this tale reveal?

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Trick or Treat: Nasr Varethar

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus