Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » A Night in Dragon Tooth's Inn - Open for All

Kiran (played by Leighoflight)

Initially Kiran looked shocked at the offer, staring at the infant still crying on the bar top. Then even more astounded when the man got up and walked off from it. Dropping his wet coat and sword on the floor he walked ahead of the man in the hope of stopping him.

“Hey hey hey, mate, no I ain’t taking that kid. If it ain’t yours then why not give ‘m back to his parents?” He paused for a moment “Or is that even an option?” arms folded making a slight squish sound of wet shirt. Bright red tattoos along the lengths of his arms visible under the now opaque fabric.

“Your best bet is to leave it at the hospital or even an orphanage, not a pub” stating the facts bluntly.

With the height difference between them it was hard for him to not make it look like he was talking down at the man, that certainly wasn’t his intention.
Sebin (played anonymously)

Sebin’s eyes flickered closed. The man had shocked him, appearing so suddenly in front of him. He didn’t like being shocked. He inhaled deeply, then stepped up to the human and curled his fingers around the soft, wet wad of his shirt, pulling him closer and speaking in a low whisper. He was used to being looked down on; it did little to deter him.

“Because he’s mine,” he hissed up at the stranger. “He’s mine, and I don’t know what to do with him, and I don’t want him. I gift him to you – go find an orphanage if you must. Or leave him there.” He released the human with a sound of contempt and turned to look back at the child – incredibly now asleep on the bar top.

“I don’t actually know what he is,” he said, more to himself than anyone else. “He bit a woman I tried to give to him, and she fell dead on the floor.”
He gave a small laugh.

Kiran didn’t resist being pulled closer and brow furrowed at the explanation.
Pulling himself away and standing up tall once again “If he’s yours then he’s your responsibility” with a tone he took with most teenage parents he’d occasionally have visit him.

Looking back at the sleeping infant and the mention of a woman “And you think I fancy the same fate as her? No chance mate” he frowned and headed back to pick up his coat and sword. Continuing to look at the child. “If it’s as dangerous as you say then leaving it here will do you no good, too many have seen your face for one.” He pointed out. If you want to get rid of something dangerous you don’t do it in a public space.
The vixentaur looked over and watched the discussion between the newcomers. She wrinkled her nose at the smell of blood from one of them. Despite being an assassin, she never liked the sight nor smell of it. It had a foul odor to her canid muzzle.

Sebin’s gaze flickered over the other inhabitants of the tavern. For the most part they were concealed in shadowy corners – faces obscured by wide hoods – or even asleep. But the human was right, he had drawn attention to himself. He saw a woman in the corner (or was it a fox?) looking at him with a particularly revolted expression. He had been so distracted by the desperate screaming of the child and the pain in his hand he had thrown caution to the wind. He put a hand on the human’s arm as he turned to get his belongings.

“Wait, please. I’ve got to get rid of this thing as soon as possible and I don’t know what to do with it. If you know where I can take it, will you take me there? I’ll repay you. Name your price and I'll pay it."

Turning back to face the man when his arm was grabbed he stopped to listen to him with a neutral expression. He looked back at the sleeping infant then returned to Sebin. “At this time of night we’d be lucky to find any sort of help. Also this weather is not kind to anyone let alone a little one” he spoke in a calm but straightforward manner.

“You’d both be better off heading to the hospital in the morning. Saying that you look like you could use some treatment now” glancing down at the bleeding hand. “Did that lad try and help you before I arrived?” Referring to Archer. “I think my kit didn’t survive the rain.” Attached to his belt was a small, square leather pack. Flipping open the top he checked it’s contents. It was slightly damp inside, the gauze and bandages were no good in this state. “If magic means can’t help I can at least stitch it up.” He explained then continued back to the bar and ordered a hot tea.
Archer looked back up to the man, shaking himself out of his thoughts,"Yes! I can help," He replied before just barely sliding his glowing hand across the man's palm. The boy seemed more than happy to help, but less than pleased at the prospect of touching another's hand. He hated connecting to people when they would walk right back out of his life, and he knew there was nothing like a touch to connect two people. Especially two people touched by magic.

As his hand grazed the man's palm the cut knit itself together. Archer hissed, closing his eyes for a moment as he felt his own hand phantasmally sliced," Ouch." he growled," That must've hurt." he finally said, trying to convince them he hadn't felt anything. Feeling things was weak, and he wasn't about to be thought of as weak.

( sorry ya'all for not replying earlier!)

Sorry - been called into work.

Completely engrossed in watching the magical display of healing Kiran flinched when the barkeep approached to deliver him a hot tea. “Thank you” pulling a few coins from his pocket and handing it over.

“I must say that is really impressive.” Complimenting Archer on his work and clapping lightly, genuinely impressed. “I have to resort to the manual way of stitching people back together. No talent for the healing magic here sadly.” said with a slight twinge of disappointment.

Picking up the boiling hot tea in both hands he brought it up to his face to warm his sinuses. A quick glance around the room he spotted….a fox? No, it was too big to be a regular fox plus foxes don’t sit in busy inns in the middle of the night during a rainstorm. Setting the cup down after feeling suitably warmed through he pulled out more coins from his pocket and asked if there was a room going for the night. No amount of love nor money would get the mage back out into that weather tonight.
"Not incredibly so," The boy disagreed." It isn't like I learned it,or that it can do much. I can heal a scratch, or a cut, but not much more." he explained, his voice gradually growing quieter. As he mumbled the last words Archer turned around and rushed back to his table, as if worried about being away from it. He sighed in relief when he got to his table and sat down. He looked around for any potted plants, but found none. The boy shrugged passively, it wasn't like he could do much with a plant at the moment anyway.

He watched around him, slowly growing more and more comfortable with the inn and its current residents. There seemed to be all kinds of people here, people who could do magic, and get in sword fights, people who didn't even look human. Archer sighed, this seemed like a safe enough place, there didn't seem to be any hunters among the group here. As the boy contemplated this the late hour and the warmth battled against his consciousness and won as his eyes slowly drifted close.
The vixentaur watched the two strangers speak before going their separate ways. Noticing the room growing quiet as others also made their way to their rooms, she gathered her stuff and headed to the barkeep to see if there was still a room, and after paying, headed to one on the upper floor, at the far end.
Having little use for the human bed, the taur laid down on the floor, and fell asleep, instinctively keeping a hand on a dagger hidden under a sleeve in a spring-launched catch.
Dust (played by Wandering_Mary)

I'm going to need a room... but I'd prefer to sleep on the floor... I'll ask if there is a spot that isn't outside and that I can set up a sleeping bag. Dust walks over to the innkeeper to ask for a spot inside for sleeping bags. After getting his spot, he set up the area, setting up traps that he can easily disarm, and slept with a knife nearby, and a needle coated with poison that was only dangerous when put in the bloodstream, or ingested.

Seeing how other patrons were turning in for the night Kiran finished off his tea, collected his room key and wet coat off the floor then headed upstairs to his room.

12…13….ah 14” he mumbled to himself in the barely lit corridor.

Once inside he locked the door and left the key there. Draping his wet coat over the chair and putting his sword on the table that was away from the bed. The man made no attempts to put up wards or protection measures before removing his wet clothes but retaining modesty. He’d try and find places around the room to hang his clothes and pray one night was enough to dry them.

Outside the window the rain hammered the glass. Thankful he was no longer outside he crawled into bed. The sheets were itchy but warm and if the other option was to go back out he’d have to compromise. Eventually he fell asleep.
A titan walked through the door, seemingly dry despite the downpour. He had thick, fired armor on, his legs, chest, and arms uncovered, all of which were covered in runes. He towered in the inn, his mammoth frame taking up the entire doorframe. He walked in as he ran his hand through his voluminous beard. He wore a greataxe on his back, seemingly made of both stone and iron. He walked over to the fire and knelt, warming his massive hands and gnarled knuckles. He seemed positively ancient and gave off an aura of frailty and old age, but he was all but the opposite visually. An intimidating amount of muscle hung from his frame, every nook, cranny, and crease seemingly filled with power, but a benevolent kind. After he warmed his hands, he walked back towards the bar, nodding to the innkeeper. "Good evening. What do you have in the way of drinks and food?" he asked in a voice that sounded like it could shatter glaciers.
Rain, always rain, it often happened with rain this way-

Droplets fell without mercy upon the creaking frame of some strange far off in. Much like those before her yet another begun to slip in, much smaller in stature then the previous arrival. A hand slipped low about the edge of the door, catching its closing moment just in the nick of time. Silently against the wrath of the elements outside the peculiar individual slipped in, her once tousled hair now soaked and stringy, like long dark roots it clung about her throat and face. She'd shielded the worst of it by tossing a shawl over her head but that too now hung limply about her shoulders. Her off hand raised somewhere beneath to shield herself.

One foot slid forwards, stopped then the other quietly followed. Sticking close to any shadow for a short moment brown eyes slid over the room to drink in its appearance. A pale freckled nose wrinkled ever so slightly as the smell of smoke, ale and food hit her. Quietly tables were roved over, each one taken in with some amount of curiosity. It seemed empty save for a few, drunks drowning in their nightly cups, others silently seeking a quiet corner and others raucously enjoying games or chat. The fire side too seemed welcoming and as her gaze though slowly sliding away from the bar did a small and definitely not very subtle double take.

How she had missed such an elephant was hard to say, perhaps wariness had her unobservant, and yet now she gave time to look this individual over. Least from his back. A greataxe hung there caught against a well muscled frame, it was hard to say from where she stood if the darkened marks across his arms were tattooed or not. Armor and fur of some kind covered his torso yet not much protected strong legs. Uncomfortably after a breath that same curious gaze flicked elsewhere, staring too much could be found rude.

It didn't dis-swayed her approach though, regardless of towering giant the small woman, especially in comparison silently took her place at a near by stool. One leg sliding up then the other, both boots hung from the floor and the shawl she'd used for cover slid off and away. Held between both hands she seemed to become at a loss as to what to do with it. Placing it over a stool could harm the wood with how water logged it was. But holding onto it would only cause more problem. She couldn't afford to remain wet and cold, illness sprang from such advantage. Hesitating as she was a breath filled her lungs and with a sag of her shoulders let out in a long tired sigh. The voice gently melodic yet worn. After yet another second of hesitation she gave up on the cloth and let it gently fold over one boot and hang limply towards the floor. She'd take her place near the fire soon enough to warm.

First though, without much more she'd slid both hands atop the bar, folding one right over the other in clumsy fashion, the barest edges of her fingers sometimes snagging yet going unnoticed. Scars, so many scars that it was hard to tell where one began or ended. starting at the vary tip of each digit and in no order of rhyme or reason did they litter her sadly abused limbs. It seemed the giant too seemed intent upon service, and seeing as she was second to arrive the woman would wait patiently for her own turn.
The vixen taur awakened as the sun peeked over the horizon in the early morning. After stretching, she inspected her belongings, ensuring nothing had been disturbed, even though as a Fox and a light sleeper, she would have heard anyone attempting to sneak into her room. Hiding her possessions under a loose stone in the wall, she went downstairs to check if any early breakfast was available.
flare (played by PodFlare4)

Flare walks in after being on the road for 3 days

He’d managed to get a few hours sleep but for whatever reason woke up to find himself at the other end of the bed with feet on his pillow. Groaning, he rolled out of bed with the blanket and wrapped himself up like a burrito. Slowly plodding over to grab a wad of fabric on his shirt to test if it was dry, nope. He’d do the same action with his waistcoat, trousers and wool coat, the latter felt like it was still out in the rain. More grumbling as he dug around in his trouser pockets for some coins, at least he could try and get something to eat while he waited.

The blanket draped over his shoulders covered most of him until the knee, it was held tightly with one hand to stay closed at the front. Still half asleep he left his room and locked the door. Heading downstairs with the most magnificent bed hair going in all directions. He leaned on the bar and waited for someone to show themselves. Now in the light of the morning what he thought was a fox last night became obviously half-true. It was some sort of fox with extra legs, he was both impressed and curious but also still very sleepy. He'd give..her? a nod in acknowledgment rather than uttering any morning greeting.
flare (played by PodFlare4)

hello
solara (played by PodFlare4)

oh hello who are you

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » A Night in Dragon Tooth's Inn - Open for All

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus