Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » AMA: chronically ill Artist in training

Hierophant

Hi all, decided to drop my experience. I am chronically ill and disabled. I have various conditions, including Fibromyalgia, one which is pending diagnosis due to the long term nature of it, and another which..........??? I have no clue what on earth it is lol, and the waiting list in my country is well... woeful, so the doctors have little idea either. . Along with ASD, ADD and PTSD.

I suffer from fatigue, painful headaches and moderate to severe levels of nausea everyday.

My dream is to become a tattoo artist which I am slowly working up too.

Got some questions? Ask away :)
Prince_Jin

Hey! How are you working on becoming a tattoo artist, and why are you interested in that medium specifically? :o
Hierophant Topic Starter

Prince_Jin wrote:
Hey! How are you working on becoming a tattoo artist, and why are you interested in that medium specifically? :o

I am practicing my art/widening my breadth of subjects ^_^ I hope to take an apprenticeship, hopefully next year but we'll see how life is, in the meantime I fill my sketchbook with patterns and design tats for my characters lol. I am interested in tattooing because I like the medium/surface that can be done, with using the skin's tones, and permanent ink. Also it appeals to me to sit at it for a few hours, chat with a client (I focus best when I'm talking) and freelance in my own studio. <:
(another artist who might wanna be a tattoo artist coming in here) what mediums do you use when making your own tattoo designs? do you just use pencil or something else? :O also, do you have any suggestions/advice to get an apprenticeship? :)
What are some of your favorite themes to draw? And do you think they'll play a major role in your tattooing?

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » AMA: chronically ill Artist in training

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus