Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Did you ever cosplayed one of your RP OC?

I think the title already says it all, but just to be sure:

- Did you ever made a cosplay from a character you created for an RP?

If so (or if you plan to do it in the future) who was he\she? What he\she looked like? And, most importantly... why that specific character was worthy of your investment to bring him\her to the real world, even for just one day?
I got into RP through LARP, so certainly! Two of my current roster were LARP characters before they were play-by-post characters.
- Did you ever made a cosplay from a character you created for an RP?
Yes

- If so (or if you plan to do it in the future) who was he\she?
My OC Halasian.

- What he\she looked like?
A rougher, older-looking Aragorn from the Lord of the Rings.

- Why that specific character was worthy of your investment to bring him\her to the real world, even for just one day?
Thought it would be fun and would be in the spirit of the line parties that preceded each of the three releases of the Lord of the Rings movies.

Halasian was originally thought up for a pre-War of the Ring play-by-post RP story on TheOneRing back in 2000 when the Peter Jackson Middle Earth fanfic movies were being made. The story was called ‘Shadow Over Arnor’ and it was a full-on group project for nearly a couple years. When the first movie was released in December 2001, I cosplayed Halasian, the aged morally-grey Ranger at the line party. My kit was crude but it improved in the following years. With the wrap of the story in 2002, and the movies in 2003, I took the guts of his tale and wrote it out into a full-blown fan fiction.
Did you ever made a cosplay from a character you created for an RP?
No

- If so (or if you plan to do it in the future) who was he\she?
I'm not sure yet, maybe Aello

- What he\she looked like?
A short elf/goblin with pale skin with tinges of blue

- Why that specific character was worthy of your investment to bring him\her to the real world, even for just one day?
I am short, why not be a short character?
Lord_Cegorach Topic Starter

Angelus-Relator wrote:

Lord_Cegorach wrote:
Angelus-Relator wrote:

Bwahahha. I do have a fear of dissociating and turning into the character. I've done that in private, but never in public.
It's a funny thing, but... I cosplay Pascal Ratson or Percival Vonnegut almost EVERYDAY! XD
It's just that they're based on me! I have similar hair, clothing style... Some personality traits also fit. ;)

But the most character that fits me is "Lurking Person". It's literally me - Just the hat looks a bit different, I have the same mask, coat, hair, similar glasses, bodytype... First, it wasn't an OC. I just opened a random character creator and created character that would look like me as much as possible. Then I thought, "hey, they would be a cool post-apo/horror RP character!"

To be honest, I have a HUGE series of RP OCs called 'the massive rat rebellion'. Most of them are just one person in alternative universes, on different roles and different personalities, yet some traits are always the same. They're all based on me, most of them are named "Pascal", but there is one Gabriel, Leopord, Percival... One of them is my Minesona. (me in minecraft) And they're all based on clothes I wear or I would like to buy, or just my personality traits.

To sum everything up, I cosplay a RP of mine character everyday...

Hope that this sticks to the topic, tho? ;) Sorry if I went too much offtopic... Sometimes I create a new "Rat rebel" when I see cool clothes, and later, I buy them to just look like them. I once wanted to also buy a wig to make my curly hair more straight for Pascal Ratson cosplay, but well, I can't find the right one. :(

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Did you ever cosplayed one of your RP OC?

Moderators: MadRatBird, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Dragonfire, Heimdall, Ben, Darth_Angelus