Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Did you ever cosplayed one of your RP OC?

I think the title already says it all, but just to be sure:

- Did you ever made a cosplay from a character you created for an RP?

If so (or if you plan to do it in the future) who was he\she? What he\she looked like? And, most importantly... why that specific character was worthy of your investment to bring him\her to the real world, even for just one day?
I got into RP through LARP, so certainly! Two of my current roster were LARP characters before they were play-by-post characters.
Rogue-Scribe

Yes

- If so (or if you plan to do it in the future) who was he\she?
My OC Halasian.

- What he\she looked like?
A rougher, older-looking Aragorn from the Lord of the Rings.

- Why that specific character was worthy of your investment to bring him\her to the real world, even for just one day?
Thought it would be fun and would be in the spirit of the line parties that preceded each of the three releases of the Lord of the Rings movies.

Halasian was originally thought up for a pre-War of the Ring play-by-post RP story on TheOneRing back in 2000 when the Peter Jackson Middle Earth fanfic movies were being made. The story was called ‘Shadow Over Arnor’ and it was a full-on group project for nearly a couple years. When the first movie was released in December 2001, I cosplayed Halasian, the aged morally-grey Ranger at the line party. My kit was crude but it improved in the following years. With the wrap of the story in 2002, and the movies in 2003, I took the guts of his tale and wrote it out into a full-blown fan fiction.
Angelus-Relator

Did you ever made a cosplay from a character you created for an RP?
No

- If so (or if you plan to do it in the future) who was he\she?
I'm not sure yet, maybe Aello

- What he\she looked like?
A short elf/goblin with pale skin with tinges of blue

- Why that specific character was worthy of your investment to bring him\her to the real world, even for just one day?
I am short, why not be a short character?
Lord_Cegorach Topic Starter

Angelus-Relator wrote:

Angelus-Relator

Lord_Cegorach wrote:
Angelus-Relator wrote:

Bwahahha. I do have a fear of dissociating and turning into the character. I've done that in private, but never in public.

Honestly all the time, it’s a little more budget friendly for me, except for my cosplay of Catriona...that required special purchase of Tartan...

-If so (or if you plan to do it in the future) who was he\she? What he\she looked like? And, most importantly... why that specific character was worthy of your investment to bring him\her to the real world, even for just one day?

Right now I’m working to getting Rhea officially finished, it’s been trial an error since her general attire and I’ve had to try to find wigs that are the “perfect” color

What you can see about her appearance usually varies, generally she has black-brown hair, green eyes leaning more to the hazel realm of eye color, pointed ears and has tattoos and either wears 1. “Fighting leathers” 2. A shirt, pair of trousers and over-bodice and bracers or 3. A black formal gown and crown

I think it’s just fun to bring my own characters to life for events and things because on the outside, it just looks like I’m dressed up but I know that I have this whole backstory and everything crafted and I always find it to be a nice way to make friends at events too because sometimes people will get curious and ask questions and then soon you and that person get acquainted eventually and the rest is history which makes it completely worth it
I never have, but honestly i think its almost impossible to do...Not exactly cuz of the weapons but the character designs i have in mind in general are pretty specific in detail and hard to manually create...if I ever saw it though, i'd flip out of my chair in excitement lol

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Did you ever cosplayed one of your RP OC?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus