Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Anyone know how to cast out the bad juju?

Serious(ish) topic, playful title. Long(ish) post. TLDR at the bottom if you're interested.

Been sick the last couple days thanks to allergies. Texas kinda froze over and I guess when everything melted it brought all the pollen a little earlier than it should've. Today has been filled with bad juju. And my day only started a few hours ago.

Crashed at like 4am cuz I was up doing school work. Didn't get back up til 2pm. Decided I wanted a Medicine Ball tea from my local coffee shop (if y'all haven't tried one and have a coffee shop that can make it - Peach flavoring (syrup?) + peppermint + earl gray tea + lemon + honey - fantastic)). Went out with my brother, we kinda camped out over there for a bit. Left.

I'm in a relatively small town, so there's rarely a change in streets or stop signs or lights or anything. There was a stop sign added right outside our police department about a year or so ago. I rarely go in that direction because, why the heck would anyone wanna drive around a police department anyways? We left from the coffee shop and I decided I wanted a quick burger before I went home because I hadn't eaten all day and didn't know when dinner would be. Cue the stop sign. I forgot that it was there. Hasn't been the first time I've had to hit the brakes right there because I forgot about it. Except I hit the brakes way too late today.

Glanced down at my phone for a brief second to change the song that was playing, looked up to a white truck in front of me. Thankfully it wasn't a hard hit, my brother and I were both fine. My jeep has a cracked license plate holder but otherwise its fine. The other party involved has a license plate shaped dent in his truck, but he was okay as well.

And to make matters worse... I found out it was the mayor that I hit. Ugh. I know most of our police department because they work at the hospital I work in as well, so I'm always seeing them. One of the officers I knew came over, as well as another I see from time to time. Get a citation, we're all good. I'll deal with the court stuff in a few days when the crash report goes through. My brother is telling all of his friends his Xbox that he got in a wreck with the mayor.

Go home, decide I'm going to do dishes, end up cleaning off the cast iron skillet and want to reseason it. Oven's set to 500° at the recommendation of Google. Forget to check the stove (mind you, I'm sick, just got in a mini wreck, just not all with it). My mom's bf is in the kitchen cooking - "Is it supposed to be smoking?" "Uhh, Idk is there something in it?" (oven was preheating) Him - *pulls out a smoking pan*.

Why am I like this. I need someone who knows how to cast out the bad juju to do so for me because otherwise I'm going to end up killin over one of these days lol.

TLDR: feeling sick, went out to get a herbal tea, got in a small fender bender with my brother and it ends up the other person was the mayor of our town. once we got home I almost set our stove on fire. I don't think I need to be doing human stuff for the next few days without assistance.
Burning sage should do the trick!

In all seriousness, I always wonder if "bad juju" is an actual thing, or if being at a bad place makes you notice slightly annoying things more. Or if being mentally at a not-so-good place makes you more inclined to make mistankes that can count towards the "bad juju" feelings - like if you're maybe tired and/or not as attentive as you normally would be, you might slam into the mayors car.

I often suffer from the "bad juju"-thoughts myself and have a tendency to wonder why I'm struggling with a series of unfortunate events on some days. It also makes me wonder if you can cast out the "bad juju" if you just start thinking a bit more positive? Not that I'm taking my own advice or anything like that... (:
You don't have 'Bad Juju.'

Self-confidence, a positive outlook on your life, and the ability to laugh and brush away negative moments. Keep your feet firmly on the path of your ambitions. Focus on what's around you, and don't play with your phone while driving.

There are many negative stages in life that will affect us, we learn from them and it is what makes us stronger.
DeathandtheMaiden

Mate, what you've described is nothing compared to some people's misfortune.

I'm a nurse on nightshifts, so I know the sh** we have to cope with. Stop blaming this crap on JuJu. when it's just basically a combination of illness, stress, lack of proper sleep and not eating regular meals.

Our jobs are difficult enough, and life can suck sometimes.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Anyone know how to cast out the bad juju?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus