Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Have you ever roleplayed in a game before?

ChebaTheBee

I myself enjoy roleplaying in games. It can be really fun to create your own character in one and develop their story, personality etc.

In primary school I roleplayed in this pet game that used to be on Facebook, in which I discovered roleplay. The community there was... "interesting" so to speak.

When I was in high school I roleplayed about two/three times in Star Stable Online. Despite not having the membership for that game it was alright to have sessions there. I also roleplayed in some Roblox game before with one of my former friends. It was fun until some child who couldn't take no for an answer tried to meddle with our session. Even one kid who joined a minute or two later tried to mess with us.

I've also been roleplaying in Guild Wars 2 for about a year now. Although the main story isn't exactly interesting to me that much I find lore to be really cool for roleplaying. There are things in the game that really come in handy such as costumes and emotes. There's even a chat command for rp from which your lines are colored in gray. One session that my rp partner and I had there was really fun and I enjoyed making things difficult for my character.

Last week I tried to rp in Garry's Mod with the same rp partner. There were a bit of errors with certain models so I had to use an alternative one instead. Honestly, it's really fun to have sessions there, since there are really good things in the workshop that can make rp fun and immersive.

So what about you? Have you ever tried to rp in a game?
Rogue-Scribe

Yes, many times. Two of my longtime characters were created based on my playing the board game Squad Leader, and I had an air ace character I created from playing the game 'Luftwaffe' I had to delete two of the characters from here because they were on the wrong side of history, but it is quite fun creating characters based on games! While playing the games I would 'be' the characters.
I roleplayed exclusively on Roblox for a while! I actually happened to see this after making a post about it haha
I've roleplayed on Battlefield 4 with a milsim group. Milsim stands for Military simulation and i thoroughly enjoyed it before the group died off
Game RP is great. You skip the long courtship of partner searches, meet interesting(?) people and when all else fails there's something to do.

Some of my fondest roleplay memories are on Guild Wars 2 and other MMOs, and working with the strict text limits and fast pacing made me a better writer. RP in smaller-scale games like Garry's Mod was always more of a mixed bag, as anyone can set up a server, but far fewer can moderate. Often I'd run into content and conduct that was just vile.

A lot of RPR users have been playing Furcadia for 15+ years, so I assume that's good, or at the very least addicting.
Yes, I started RP in Swtor (Star Wars the Old Rebublic) IG and did forum RP along with it. I did the same in BDO Black Desert Online' ESO (Elder Scrolls Online) and SWL (Secret World Legends)

I loved having a visual representation of my characters, RPing in more real time and having the visual environment.

The drawback is when guilds/groups fall apart and your RP partner leaves, but that’s also the reality of RP in most mediums. I also don’t find that I have the time or energy to RP IG anymore, but it was a lot fun and I still have a lot of fond memories. :)
I roleplayed for a long time in Elder Scrolls Online, unfortunately it's filled with a lot of idiots who don't know the difference between in character and out of character. I actually had a person playing a prostitute (in character) tell me that since I touched her shoulder (in character) during RP without asking that it was real life sexual harassment LMAO. Really, that game is filled with complete imbeciles, I left it and never looked back. A couple instances of that resulted in certain groups targeting me for constant (literally months long) circulation of rumors, stalking, harassment etc. and the moderators did nothing. I'm a writer and even had people from that game go online and find my books and leave stupid reviews on them just to be vindictive. It's literally like the dregs of society ion that game, don't even RP there.

After that game experience I'll never RP again.
Rogue-Scribe

DaevyentheWarlock wrote:
I roleplayed for a long time in Elder Scrolls Online, unfortunately it's filled with a lot of idiots who don't know the difference between in character and out of character.
Yeah I dabbled in Elder Scrolls for a bit. Didn’t quite have the experience you did but a particular person who I had an RP/RL ‘experience’ with (see ’weirdest roleplay’ thread) showed up and found me and I was out of there.
DaevyentheWarlock wrote:
After that game experience I'll never RP again.
Sounds pretty final. Curiosity has me asking why you are here on an RP site then?
I started RPing on Furcadia about 15 years ago when I was 11. It’s actually how I discovered RP, and I never stopped. That game is a lot less popular these days, but it’ll always have a special place in my heart hahah. I started off roleplaying wolves, and eventually got into human RP. These days, I mostly RP sci-fi on discord. But I miss the Furcadia glory days!
I started roleplaying within and because of World of Warcraft, and it's still the universe most of my characters reside in (if kind of loosely) today! c:

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Have you ever roleplayed in a game before?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus